2384 Saranac Ave, Lake Placid, New York, 12946, United States
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 30% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about High Peaks Resort

Loved the newly renovated High Peaks Hilton!

by TripAdvisor Member concol10

My husband and I just recently stayed at the newly renovated High Peaks Hilton Resort in beautiful Lake Placid New York. Our room was located down on the waterfront of Mirror Lake. The room was absolutley gorgeous. Shower w/ jacuzzi tub was absolutly stunning. Bed was the most comfortable bed I think I ever slept on. Everything was down. Felt like you were sleeping on a cloud. Staff was very hospitable. So if you ar thinking about visiting consider the High Peaks Resort. Great location, great rooms and great service.

High on High Pearks Resort!

by TripAdvisor Member JPSNYC

Some friends and I had the privilege of visiting High Peaks Resort in mid-August, and WOW! Located on Mirror Lake the rooms are all newly-renovated, with all the modern convenineces and spectacular views of Mirror Lake. (Treat yourself to one of the rooms directly on the Lake...well worth it with jacuzi tubs, stall showers, spacious living rooms and balconies right over the Lake). The staff is warm, welcoming, knowlegeable and ready to help. Our meal at the fine-dining restaurant was as good as any we've had in similar establsihments in New York City. Lake Placid has lots to do for couples, families, singles, everyone. We ran out of time to do everythgin we wanted, but we will definitely go back!

Another great stay

by TripAdvisor Member dltraveler08

My boyfriend I just had another great stay at the new High Peaks resort. This is are 3rd time back since they became the High peaks resort and the service hasn't skiped a beat. We picked a different room this time and stayed off the main building in a Jr suite overlooking mirror lake witch was amazing. We had a fireplace, balcony and bathroom that opens up to the bedroom. We decided to have dinner in Reflections after recieving a call welcoming us to the hotel and offering a 15% discount for being guests. Everyone on staff we encountered was so helpful and friendly like they have always been. They have so many amenitys and services, we really didn't have to go anywhere. The price is right. I would recommend the High Peaks resort to anyone I know.

High Peaks is a winner!

by TripAdvisor Member pmso2

We recently spent a night at the High Peaks resort in Lake Placid and were very impressed by the Hotel. This is the former Hilton Lake Placid that was closed for a period of time and remodeled. We booked a water front king room that was in a building that is directly on Mirror Lake. The room was steps away from the lake and had kyaks and row boats for guest use. There was also a small outdoor heated pool in this area that overlooked the lake. The area was very nice and somewhat secluded. It also helped that it was September and the busy tourist season had ended.

The room was new and immaculate. On the small side but very comfortable. The furnishings were of a modern style and appeared to be high quality. There was a very comfortable leather couch and a flat panel television. The bed was very comfortable and had higher end linens and comforters. The bathroom was very nice with a whirlpool tub and a huge walk in shower with stone tiled walls and a waterfall type shower head in addition to a wall shower head.

The lobby in the main building has a nice seating area with a fireplace, large comfortable leather furniture and a nice bar area. There are two resturaunts on site, both with a view of the lake, one casual and one higher end. We ate breakfast at the casual "Dancing Bear" which was very good. There is another outdoor pool and an indoor pool in the main building in addition to a spa and conference/banquet area.

My only complaint was there were only three towels in the room. After swimming we reliazed we would need more towels for showering. We called the front desk and an employee came promptly and brought one towel! I understand the "green" movement and the hotel asks that you reuse towels. I have no problem reusing a towel after a shower but this was a bit stingy. Also there was no towel bar to hang your wet towel on to dry! Maybe they could leave some pool towels in the room as there was none near the pool area.

I would most certainly stay here again and would recommend it to others. Just ask for extra towels at check in!

Perfect location!

by TripAdvisor Member jlp80Albany_NY

I held a 4-day meeting for 90 people at the High Peaks Resort, and had a great experience! We received excellent care from the staff. Even though there were other groups & meetings in the hotel, I felt that we were their top priority. We always had someone, checking in to see if we needed anything.
The location is perfect! Right in front of the lake, with restaurants and shopping within walking distance. You definitely can park your car, and forget about it for the rest of your visit. I was able to stay in one of their suites located right next to the lake. What a beautiful view!! All lake & mountains. I definitely recommend trying to reserve one of those rooms. We are ALL looking forward to returning to this property next year!!

Excellent location!

by TripAdvisor Member jespo2

I stayed at the High Peaks Resort from Tuesday to Saturday. Upon arrival, I was a little leary about the type of accomodations we would be receiving since the outside is under extensive construction and there was a small canvas sign indicating the name of the hotel. Glad to say that I was pleasantly surprised when I entered the lobby and saw that I was a the right place! The decor was very nice and the staff was very friendly and actually overdid it a bit with their contstant questions about "how was everything??" "notes in the room, thanking me for dining at the restaurant, etc. Alas, all that extra attention ended after the first day. I was a little disappointed that the spa wasn't as extensive as I had thought. It is actually an Aveda Spa, located on the street level. I had gone in to try to get a haircut but was told that they were booked, yet every time I walked by, I never saw anyone in there. The room was very nice. Nice decor, furniture, linens, towels. Bathrooms were nice. Flat panel tv. Excellent view of Mirror Lake. Small private balcony. Room got a little dirty by the end of the week. Counters weren't dusted and just the bathroom and garbage seemed to get emptied every day. Beds weren't really re-made well. Looked a little sloppy. Otherwise a nice place to stay. Great location to the village.

One of our top 5 places we've ever stayed

by TripAdvisor Member Justnow

We recently planned a trip to the Adirondack mountains in NY. I looked at all possible choices of inns, hotels and bed and breakfasts for over a month before I decided. Over and over I kept coming back to the High Peaks Resort, and a few nights before we left decided to make reservations. We were truly impressed. From the person taking my reservation, to every experience there, it was outstanding. The rooms are large and beautiful as are the baths. The toiletries are luxurious, the decor is warm and attractive. The parking was convenient. We looked forward to coming back from our adventures just to enjoy our room. There was a great work out room, a spa and many amenities we did not have time to enjoy; but hey, we plan to go back and enjoy this place again. The price was a good value and overall I can say nothing negative about this fabulous place! Oh and did I mention the fantastic view? Wake up early and watch the sunrise over the mountains and the mist rise from the lake. Wow!

Incredible Stay...can't wait to go back!

by TripAdvisor Member maine08

We arrived at the High Peaks Resort (formerly Lake Placid Hilton) Sept. 1st and stayed for two nights. We stayed in one of the suites and could not have been more pleased. the staff were pleasant at check in and when we saw our suite we were floored. The room was huge with a fireplace with a big screen tv above it! Our sliding doors went out to a deck that was over the lake.....The wall to the bathroom opened up so we could see the lake and mountains from our jacuzzi. The bathroom was spacious and luxurious! It was just a few steps outside to the heated pool and boats which we took out at our leisure. The staff were kind enough to show us one of the normal rooms as we had heard they were all newly renovated (we were in a suite but wanted to see these rooms we heard so much about) They were amazing....custom etched doors into the bathroom.....incredibly tiled showers.....beautiful decor...I homes for your I pod...so cozy and apparently every room has a view of the lake....The menus at both PRs and Reflections were amazing and although Dancing Bears was closed (they were moving it/renovating), we heard from others who had eaten there that it was awesome and we look forward to eating there during our next stay. The hotel was so accessible to shopping, the lake, restaurants and everything else we needed during our stay. We would highly recommend High Peaks to anyone and everyone!!! We added a few pics...don't mind our stuff showing in a few of them...

Loved the High Peaks!!

by TripAdvisor Member Irishgirl0420

First time staying in Lake Placid in a season other than winter. It was just as beautiful and just as busy as the winter. Walking into the main lobby of the High Peaks was like walking into a posh hotel except with a high class rustic look. The staff was very friendly and very willing to offer information about Lake Placid and the hotel. We walked around the main floor to check things out and we were very impressed - it was beautiful. We were there for a small group meeting and boy did we feel like executives - the meeting rooms are just as beautiful as the rest of the hotel. As we walked through the doors to of our hotel rooms, you assume it will be like everyother hotel room you have ever stayed in, but it's not!!!! It's beautiful and very welcoming. For those of you who like to take a relaxing bath, boy is this the place!!! There are wonderful bath tubs and separate showers that are huge!!! I was amazed at how well the design was. I looked forward to the end of the day when I would return to soak in my very relaxing tub. This hotel is family friendly, but if you are trying to get away for a romantic weekend I would suggest asking for a room not next to any families - kids running in the hallway is not fun to listen to and can't be helped in any hotel. We visited the restaurant in the hotel - Reflections is the name - what can I say - we were blown away at the food and the service. You forgot you were eating in a hotel restaurant, most hotel restaurants are not that good. This was outstanding!!! This is one to leave the kids at home and have a romantic night for two. All of the staff is extremely friendly and can roll with the punches as we have a few joksters in our group. This hotel aims to please and they definitely succeed, I can't wait to go back!!!

nice,clean place

by TripAdvisor Member Pattidh

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights with our dog. We stayed across from the mirror lake in the part that was not newly remodeled. It wasn't as fancy as the new part was but it was nice and clean. It was pet friendly so that is why we stayed in this section. I think they should allow pets in the other parts also as long as they are well behaved and friendly. The only complaint was the shower was plugged up and the fitness room in this section needs a treamill and some weights in it. That way you can stay in this buliding and still go right down the hall to lift weights and work out. It is very close to everything and we had dinner at the brown dog that was great. Have no complaints and everyone was very friendly. Lake Placid is a beautiful spot especially this time of year.

Comments