400 Old Loudon Road, Latham, New York, 12110, United States

HIExpress.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Satisfaction Average

• SUNY Groups steer clear!

They treated my student group VERY poorly. I was part of the hired entertainment for a SUNY Student Council gathering... The management was rude to me and the guests. I was told they had complete control over me and my business because I was on their private property... Even tho the group I was with booked almost the entire hotel. The main manager (Victoria) tried to tell me to crank the music way down and tell my client (SUNY) "that that was as loud as it goes" in return she would throw business my way. Essentially bribing me to lie to my client. When I refused she began yelling at me and searching for the VP of SUNY. To shut her up the VP had me turn it down. Now we had hotel staff stationed by the door to the dance to make sure the doors were shut and I did not increase volume. At 1am The cook from the bar was sent in to shut me down an hour early. Then informed me I had better do so because the owner was called to come deal with me. He proceeds to tell us that it is illegal to play music past 1am... Such a nightmare. They were told and agreed to the room rentals, and entertainment times and setups from the start. My best advice? BOYCOTT this hotel. Then when they can't pay the mortgage good people can take it over.

Unique Quality: Nice in room bathrooms!

Travel Tips for Latham

Latham, NY

by davecallahan

This is a large residential community that is part of the Colonie suburb of Albany. My niece-in-law used to live here and presently has a job in the education department. There are about 5000 people living and working in the area.

official website is included in the Colonie website:

ZIPCODE 12110, 12189 is Latham in Colonie township in the city of Albany in Albany County
042-44-49N 073-45-32W
42.7470225, -73.7590088
Area Code 518

"interesting facts"

there are a lot of creeks and streams in the area. The waterways east of Loudon Road drain into the Hudson River; the rest drain into the Mohawk River.

Old Loudon Road was built during the French and Indian War to get troops from Albany area up to Lake George area.

original town name was VanVrankens Corners (at corner of route 2 and Old Loudon Road); later was changed to Latham for the name of the hotel owner at the corner (William Latham)

Comments