Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham

Tags

Work Abroad School Holidays Study Abroad
See Amenities

SUNY Groups steer clear!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 30, 2011

They treated my student group VERY poorly. I was part of the hired entertainment for a SUNY Student Council gathering... The management was rude to me and the guests. I was told they had complete control over me and my business because I was on their private property... Even tho the group I was with booked almost the entire hotel. The main manager (Victoria) tried to tell me to crank the music way down and tell my client (SUNY) "that that was as loud as it goes" in return she would throw business my way. Essentially bribing me to lie to my client. When I refused she began yelling at me and searching for the VP of SUNY. To shut her up the VP had me turn it down. Now we had hotel staff stationed by the door to the dance to make sure the doors were shut and I did not increase volume. At 1am The cook from the bar was sent in to shut me down an hour early. Then informed me I had better do so because the owner was called to come deal with me. He proceeds to tell us that it is illegal to play music past 1am... Such a nightmare. They were told and agreed to the room rentals, and entertainment times and setups from the start. My best advice? BOYCOTT this hotel. Then when they can't pay the mortgage good people can take it over.

Unique Quality: Nice in room bathrooms!

Nearby Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Latham

• Continental Breakfast
  • Shuttle Service
  • Free High Speed Internet

Latham Travel Forum

Need advice about Latham, New York State? Visit the Travel Forum for Latham and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Latham hotel reviews