42-24 Crescent Street, Long Island City, New York, 11101, United States
Comfort Inn
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

More about Comfort Inn Long Island City

Outdoor pool open in the winter tooOutdoor pool open in the winter too

acually...I MADE THIS SUSHI @ HOME :-)acually...I MADE THIS SUSHI @ HOME :-)

Map of Long IslandMap of Long Island

Me, falling out of a planeMe, falling out of a plane

Affordable accomodation in Chicago and New York

by FRONA

Dear all,

any idea of affordable accomodation in New York and Chicago? I dont know the cities so it would be good that they are somewhere easily reachable by public transport and not too far from the city center...

Am I asking too much :)

Re: Affordable accomodation in Chicago and New York

by Bernd_L

I've been to New York recently. I stayed at the Comfort Inn Long Island City in Queens (Crescent St.). This hotel is just accross the bridge to Manhattan. A subwaystation is within 300 m from where you can reach Manhatten easily.

The hotel itself isn't that fancy but affordable compared to others. The rooms were small but modern. But if you book make sure that you don't get a room in the basement because they use these "underground-facilities" too.

For more information see www.choicehotels.com/hotel/NY265

Enjoy the big apple

Bernd

Re: Re: Affordable accomodation in Chicago and New York

by gilabrand

I wrote a tip on my Chicago page about the Elms, a hotel that is probably more affordable than most, and also centrally located.

Travel Tips for Long Island

Visit the Beaches of Long Island

by seagoingJLW

Jones Beach alone is a 2400 acre park, and there are over 150 more beaches operated by state, county, town and municipal authorities. Other famous beaches are the Hamptons and Fire Island.

When we lived in Nassau County we went to Tobay Beach which was run by the town of Oyster Bay for its residents. This photo of my daughter, Claire and my son, Bruce at the beach was taken in 1965. This would be Atlantic beach in Nassau County.

Old Bethpage Village Restoration

by seagoingJLW

Here you have 100 acres of 19th century Long Island. You can explore the past and speak with costumed interpreters.

We lived in Old Bethpage for a while and watched this restoration take shape. It was right around the corner from our home and down the street from the kids' school. The restoration is located on Round Swamp Road in Old Bethpage.

For information phone:
516-572-8400

Sagamore Hill

by seagoingJLW

Sagamore Hill, the home of President Theodore Roosevelt, is furnished as it was during his lifetime. It is very interesting to see everything he enjoyed.

Sagamore Hill became a National Historic Site on July 8, 1963,

It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places on October 15, 1966. My kids used to love to visit this place. Nowadays, however, admission is by guided tour only. Tours, offered every hour on the hour, last about 50 minutes.

Sagamore Hill National Historic Site is located at 20 Sagamore Hill Road in Oyster Bay. For information phone:
516-922-4447

Brookhaven National Laboratories

by seagoingJLW

Brookhaven National Laboratories opens up to visitors one day a year. My kids used to love to go...yearly. They always enjoyed science and learned a lot from these visits. I hope they still have these visitors days.

The Brookhaven National Laboratories address is PO Box 5000 Upton, NY.

For information phone:
631-344-8000 This photo shows the Electron Microscope. It is used for imaging unstained biological molecules with minimal radiation damage.

Bayard Cutting Arboretum

by seagoingJLW

This is a lovely cool oasis on a hot summer day. The Arboretum has beautiful trees and lovely paths for walking. My kids loved it. I have to admit that their favorites were the swans. The Arboretum is located on Montauk Highway in Oakdale, NY.

Phone: 516-581-1002