Comfort Inn Long Island City

Average Value

Price and Rating Equal to similar hotels

See Travelers Recommended Hotels

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 26, 2006

The hotel is in the midst of junkyards and warehouses, which is why my Mercedes was broken into as I parked it in front of the hotel overnight, and my laptop was stolen. The very rude receptionist told me it would be safe. There are homeless people, prostitutes, and drug intoxicated individuals right down the block of the hotel. In the daytime the front desk rings you in and out and after dark they add a guard at the door. You do not feel very secure at all staying at this hotel. I felt more like I was in a prison than a hotel. Family members seem to run the hotel, and they smell like curry, and do not speak American English. They could not help with directions to anywhere, EXCEPT 7ELEVEN. When asked if we could leave luggage we were told yes but the charge was $10 for the first bag and $5 for the others. What kind of hotel CHARGES to hold your bags for a few hours? All in all they are not very hospitable. At $126 I could have stayed at a 4 star hotel in Manhattan.

Nearby Comfort Inn Long Island City

• Business Services
  • Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

Long Island City Travel Forum

Need advice about Long Island City, New York State? Visit the Travel Forum for Long Island City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Long Island City hotel reviews