215 West Lake Road, Mayville, New York, 14757, United States

Orbitz.com Expedia.com Travelocity

• Herkbert's Profile Photo

Great location to explore the region.

Stayed at the Chautauqua Suites for a weekend and enjoyed it very much. While not overly luxurious, the rooms are very comfortable and extremely clean. Each room includes a sitting area, a full bath and a half bath, plus a decent sized bedroom with a comfortable bed. Our room had a very nice view of the lake.

The rooms are air conditioned and include televisions in both areas, plus there is a small refrigerator. No mini bar, but snacks are available at the front desk. Breakfast is included in the price.

The hotel has two restaurants - Olive's and Bellini's. Olive's is the more formal of the two, though casual dress is fine. The food is mainly Italian fare. Bellini's is more of a lounge that also serves lighter fare.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and thought that the price was reasonable. We would definitely stay there again.

Unique Quality: The one thing that we took advantage of was the free trolley ride to and from the Chautauqua Institute.

• Terrible Event Experience, Unprofessional Staff

I booked a holiday party here in December 2010 and was very disappointed as to the outcome. The events manager was the most unprofessional individual I have ever worked with. I feel that I can speak to this having managed over 50 events myself. This individual communicated to me via text for the majority of the contract duration which in and of itself was unprofessional. I was accused of lying about the number of individuals who attended the event and they attempted to charge me more. The individual who was in charge of my event didn't even come to the actual event to ensure things were running well and we were happy with everything, which is why when she began with the accusations (via text of course) it was rather ironic since she hadn't even been there themselves. There were also situations that some of the employees had personal issues with myself and others running and attending the event, so they did the best they could to ensure that they created as many problems for us as possible. It's unfortunate that these individuals couldn't remember their professional responsibilities to ensure the event ran smoothy. It got so bad, I actually had to have a conversation with my lawyer about the contract details relating to the final bill. I would absolutely not recommend this to anyone for their event, especially those who are looking for something upscale as the staff is not equipped to handle it. If you're looking for experienced, professional staff, run the other direction.

Comments