Hartman's Briney Breezes Motel

693 Old Montauk Hwy., Montauk, New York, 11954, United States

More about Hartman's Briney Breezes Motel

Feeling deceived...

by TripAdvisor Member Aliceanna

When I initially made our reservation at Briney Breezes, I was told very clearly about the cancellation policy for our particular accommodation (the two-bedroom suite), which is that there are no refunds. (We had to pay in full.) We were also told the hotel could not provide a crib for our toddler; we'd have to bring our own Pak-n-Play.

Admittedly, less than a month before our scheduled vacation, I called to ask if there was any flexibility at all in their cancellation policy, explaining our situation (our little girl had rejected the Pak-n-Play on several short road trips we'd recently taken, making the sleeping situation impossible for the rest of us). We were fairly cheerfully told that it would probably not be a problem for them to find someone else to take the room...I continued calling to find out if they had found someone. Our thinking was, if they couldn't find anyone, we'd either try on our end to find someone to take our spot, or just throw our cares to the wind and proceed with our original vacation plan...

BB told me that they had, in fact, found someone to take our place, and that would refund most of our payment. But when I did receive the check, the hotel had kept nearly half of it (nearly $500)! I really felt deceived. Like I said, we would have found some other way to address the problem if we'd been told up-front how much money we'd lose.

It Was All Good!

We loved our stay at Hartman's. The fantastic location, super clean accomodations and friendly staff only made us wonder about some of the negative reviews. The beach is directly across the street. All rooms are oceanview. You can walk into town. A walking/ jogging trail is right in front of the hotel. The Surfside Restaurant is excellent for breakfast, lunch or dinner and is located right next door. The manager helped us out by booking our rooms next to each other. He was always available to assist guests and seemed to spend any free time cleaning the pool and grounds. We stayed there at full occupancy and were quite impressed with the overall operation.

Perfect Family Retreat

Just stayed 4 nights over labor day and exceeded my expectations. For what I expected to be a "beach-y" rustic hotel, Briney Breezes turned out to be sparkling clean, well appointed, very relaxed, family friendly but never too noisy. Great family spot. This is now an annual retreat for us.
Highly recommend.

our Montauk Get-away

by TripAdvisor Member mdf1314

We have just returned from our 4 day Montauk getaway vacation, and as usual we had a great time. Our choice over these many years is Hartmann's Briney Breezes Motel without question. It is ideally located with easy access to the ocean beach which lends itself well to my fishing interests and our desire to walk the beach. The motel is located on Old Montauk Highway which is a charming stretch of road. We are located within a short walk into the town of Montauk which we find is a pleasant alternative to driving once in a while.The motel has a salt water heated pool which accomodates the guests very comfortably. On a few of our past visits to Briney Breezes, we had our daughter, son-in-law and our granddaughter take the room next to us, and we had a great family vacation. We enjoy our time there because of the spacious room and the fact that it is an efficiency. We have always enjoyed our stay there. The management is great. They are available throughout each day of our vacation to make sure everything is running smoothly. My wife and I heartily recommend Briney Breezes.

Worse Vibe Ever!!

My husband and I tried to spend our 2nd anniversary at this lodge. Unfortunately, we could not stand the managers' attitude. We left on the third day and stayed at the Panoramic View Resort, which was a beautiful experience.

To list a few problems:
1. You WILL be watched ALL the time.
2. Our friends were treated rudely. They came to visit and were not allowed to park their car (manager wanted $100 for visitor’s parking). The manager said he was not aware that we would have visitors! Apparently you must give them your schedule ahead of time. No comments!
2. Don't expect hot showers;
3. Don’t expect service, like beach towels, chairs, outdoor shower, and breakfast;
3. I was bit by a bee and the manager refused to help us with his first aid kit. He said he was not a doctor and wanted nothing to do with it (to avoid liability?);
4. We asked if we could hang out at the beach after check out and they said NO.

I sincerely believe that the managers at Briney Breezes write their own good reviews. Nobody in their right mind would enjoy staying in this type of environment. Don't waste your time. There are many hotels along the coast. We personally loved The Panoramic View Resort. They were accommodating, friendly and the hotel is gorgeous.

Loved it! Clean and comfortable

Loved Briney Breezes Motel. Easy access to the beach. Great location in Montauk. Not too close the the busy town, but close enough for a quick drive there. The room was clean and neat. Small kitchen with refridgerator, microwave and oven and all the accessories you need in a kitchen. There's a picinic area with tables and barbeques and an outdoor heated pool. Just loved the whole atmosphere. Quite and relaxing. Beautiful ocean views and you can hear the ocean waves at night.

Hartman's Staff Keep Us Coming Back

I have been going to Montauk for fourteen years. My family has stayed at Hartman's for the past four years. The location is great and the accomodations perfect for families. That is one reason we go back. But there are many hotels in Montauk that could provide the same. We go back to Hartman's year after year because of the managers Rob, Jenny (and their son Ryan) and their great staff. They give the place personality and make you feel welcome and cared for. If you want privacy, you have it. But there is also a sociable atmosphere especially among kids. I was there when the people who complained above about how they and their guests were treated had their "problem". I was at the pool and heard a lot of what went on. These people and their guests took over like they owned the place and most weren't even paying guests. They were loud and rude. I hope they never go back, but we definitely will be back at least once next summer and every chance we get.

A great place! (What's all the fuss about??)

My husband and I, along with my sister and my father, stayed at Hartman's for the first time in Oct. We just wanted a quiet weekend in Montauk, specifically because my father had not been to Montauk 1n 10 years and he is getting on in age (80). When I called for reservations the gentleman could not have been more polite and engaging, a trait I did NOT find when I phoned the Panoramic View to inquire about reservations!

We had two clean, spacious rooms with lovely view...one room had a full kitchen with everything we could need, while the other had a small fridge and microwave. Bathrooms were older but spotless, the towels were thick and fluffy. No fancy amenities, but then, who goes to Montauk for the soap??

Management were not obtrusive but were obviously there if you needed them. The motel was quite full, but the atmosphere was quiet and pleasant, not rowdy.

When I travel the one thing that is most important to me is courtesy and a good attitude. I found just that at the Briney Breezes. I have found that those owners who are respectful and courteous are most likely to take care of their properties and who strive to give guests the most for their money. We will definitely be back to Hartman's!

weluvbriney

each summer,our family returns to briney breezes. Our home away from home. We are always pleased with the consistency of the staff and cleaniness of the rooms and the grounds. There is ample parking and the pool area is never yucky. on the rare occassion something isn't right, the staff happily corrects it. we'll be back again & again

We Come Back Year After Year

by TripAdvisor Member fdzi

We have stayed at Briney Breezes for Columbus Day weekend for the past 7 years. The hotel is clean and constantly updated. The rooms are large and comfortable. The hotel is in a great location--a brisk walk or short drive to the main part of Montauk. There are beautiful views from the hotel and the amenities are pleasant. The pool is nicely kept and heated and all of the outdoor furniture is clean. We have enjoyed all of our stays. The cost is comparable to other hotels in the area and the managerial staff has always been attentive. We highly recommend this facility and hope that your family will enjoy it as much as ours.

Comments