95 S. Emerson Ave., Montauk, New York, 11954, United States

The Ocean Resort Inn
Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Best hotel we've stayed at in MTK!

STAY HERE! I know it can get confusing w/ all the "Ocean" named hotels in MTK, but make no mistake, this place is the BEST.

I've stayed here 3x already (1x last summer and 2x this summer) and plan on coming back again and again. (I've tried other more expensive hotels ehem, Ocean Beach Resort and Sole East and this one is the cleanest and the staff is the best.)

PROS:
    -Location: Across the street from the beach (entrance) and super close to everything in town (walk everywhere).

- Less than 5 min. walk from Jitney stop.

-Free parking.

-Free beach towels, beach chairs, umbrellas, blankets. This is awesome, especially if you don't drive to the beach. Try lugging chairs and umbrellas on the LIRR. Trust me it's horrible.

-Mini fridge, coffee machine, large screen flat tv's w/ cable, wi-fi, alarm clocks, a/c, toiletries in room (that go above and beyond like makeup remover wipes, q-tips, floss picks, toothpaste).

-CLEAN.

-GREAT STAFF/Service! Mostly it's run by Sebastian who is friendly and helpful. He genuinely cares about the hotel and about making sure you enjoy your stay. He really goes above and beyond. (The cleaning staff is also wonderful.)

-Property: super cute, clean, and well taken care of. Lots of greenery, porch swings, a hammock, picnic tables, beach chairs, and a few different grills that you can use. It's 2 floors and each room has their own chairs outside their room so you can sit out there and relax or hang things out to dry if you want. An ice machine on each floor too.

-Reasonably priced: You won't find better prices in MTK. I've looked. This is so reasonable and worth every penny.

-You won't find partying college kids here thankfully.

CONS:
    -No pool (but who cares you're across the street from the beach).

• Robbie330's Profile Photo

Montauk place to stay

Our stay at the Ocean Resort Inn was as expected - the service was friendly, the facilities and room were clean, the housekeeping was very good. the inn is located in town so it's close to the main street shops and restaurants, and if you know Montauk you know main street is very small.

Unique Quality: no pool - grills in the main courtyard - view of the ocean from the second floor - good parking

Directions: 2 blocks from Main Street - 1 block from beach

More about Ocean Resort Inn

Clean, nicely decorated rooms. Property is clean, nice picnic area. Flowers are beautiful. Manager is wonderful, kind and gracious. The orchids in her office are remarkable. The rates for staying here are reasonable.

Never a disappointment

I've stayed at the Ocean Resort several times and each visit confirms my first impression of a comfortable, convenient low-key place perfect for relaxing. Excellent service, well-located near the beach, near town, well-maintained. Last visit I brought a fussy friend and she loved the place too. What more can you ask?

Clean, Roomy, Friendly, Accomodating

We like being right on the beach and in a "roomy" room. Our boys are older and being the only woman, I never have any privacy. I lucked out when I called Ginny.

Although not right on the beach - it was a very short walk over the dune. They supply good quality umbrellas and beach chairs. They also supply beach towels but we had our own so I did not take advantage of this amenity.

The room was very clean. It was a suite. We had our own bedroom and bathroom (shower and bath), closet, dresser, armoire, AC and TV with remote. The second room has a pull out queen couch and a loveseat and small table. 2nd bathroom with one person jacuzzi (no shower) and blowdryer. Also shampoo, conditioner, soap and tissues were supplied. Plenty of towels.

There was a good size refrigerator and compliementary "real" coffee with coffee pot. We were on the upper level and there were chairs and picnic tables and an oceanview.

There is an area to barbecue if you wish. Ginny and her staff were extremely pleasant, accomodating and friendly.

We'll be back!

Honeymoon Paradise!

My husband and I had a small honeymoon here... we stayed for 2 or 3 days and we had the time of our lives. We went to the beach several times a day and went into town to shop and eat. This motel was beautiful and so clean. Jinny was also wonderful, we felt right at home. If your going to stay here I suggest you get a room with a jacuzzi... you won't regret it!!!

First rate Value hotel

The rooms are newly refurbished and painted for summer of 2004. Ginny went out her way to accomodate my wife and I only two weeks before we arrived for a focused 2-day, two-some vacation in August. This was done unexpectedly after I bemoaned how I was looking for some quality time with my wife. She found a nice, quiet corner room for us, including a whirlpool bathtub and queen bed. Prices were lower than the competition. No "hoovering" managerisms were noted. When asked, she recommended two terrific restaurants for dinner and one pancake house for breakfast.

The hotel is in the downtown area and across the street from the beach -- a short 20 steps away. Beach access, towels, chairs and umbrellas are provided. As noted in other reviews, the courtyard offers a couple of hammocks and several grills for outdoor barbque if you prefer. Most 2nd floor rooms offer a view of the ocean. All basic conveniences are provided, just don't expect marble, brass and crystal. This is rated 4-5 stars for the helpfulness of management and the cleanliness and condition of a 2-star class hotel as defined by Expedia:

"Value: These limited-service establishments are expected to offer clean, basic accommodations. These properties may offer some business services but generally lack meeting rooms, baggage assistance, and full fitness and recreation facilities. On-site dining is usually limited to coffee or Continental breakfast service. Guestrooms generally offer private bathroom, telephone, TV, and limited amenities."

You will not find franchise hotels anywhere in Montauk, thankfully. All are individually owned and operated. Montauk is non-commercial and is unlike what is found in the Hamptons. However, don't forget your wallet -- natural beauty doesn't come cheap.

A Nice Choice in Montauk for Beach or Touring

by TripAdvisor Member kingajh

We just spent the weekend here, but it is closing for the season. It is a nice choice for Montauk. The room on the upper level was clean and comfortable with amenities such as a fridge and coffee. Large remodeled bathroom with a single jacuzzi too. Reasonable price for the Hamptons. There was an ocean view, albeit a bit far, but beautiful, and soothing to have. This is definitely several cuts above most beach motels. Ginny is friendly and helpful, a true "innkeeper" type. We hope to return and explore the Hamptons during the Summer.

Pleasant Hotel

This past August of 2004 I stayed at the Ocean Resort Inn. It was a pleasant little hotel, close to the ocean. From the top part of the deck you could see the ocean, but unfortunately not from downstairs. The rooms were very clean, and I would stay there again should I go back out to Montauk. The staff was great, and I would recommend this hotel. Also, the first two nights I was in a room on the 1st floor, it was small, but comfortable, but the last night there I was moved to the top floor and the room was much bigger. There was a jacuzzi in the bathroom which was nice. Hope this helps in your planning!

beautiful view, wonderful manager

We decided to go to Montauk for a quick get away, Ginny said she had some rooms available but nothing with a hot tub. We were a little disappointed but when we got to the room there was a one person jacuzzi. It was perfect. It was chilly but we still managed to sit outside our room at a picnic table and enjoy the ocean air and the wonderful view. The beach may not be at the back door but it right across the street with a path easibly accessed. We had a wonderful dinner at a restaurant recommended by Ginny. She put a face on the hotel this past season. The deck is huge. She made the place friendly and comfortable.

Great place for a getaway!!

This is the 2nd time I have stayed at The Ocean Resort Inn and it was wonderful and very clean. Ginny is great and it shows in the quality of the rooms and the grounds. I would definatly stay here again and I had just recomended friends to the resort and they loved it too.

Comments