Oceanside Beach Resort

See Also Viewed Hotels

Tags

Photography Romantic Travel and Honeymoons Beaches
See Amenities

GORGEOUS room, so sad to leave!

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on July 21, 2011

I rented the Four Seasons suite to stay in while celebrating my husband's 30th birthday. I decided to trust the hotel's website pics, and am SO GLAD that I did, because after booking the room I found a lot of bad reviews online and got very nervous. The suite was expensive (~$400+ per night) because we went during peak season, but the room was everything it promised to be! It was clean and the wall AC unit definitely kept the room cool. The ambiance of the room was exactly what I was looking for and we were so sad when it was time to check out. The floors were a bit sandy (not that you could see, just feel with bare feet), but I think it's impossible to completely get rid of sand in a hotel on the beach! There was definitely no sand in the bed, shower, or tub. Overall, I would say that the hotels website is for sure outdated and the outside of the hotel does not represent the quality of the rooms. We also found the owner of the hotel super-helpful, and he waited up for us to check in after-hours. The beach was a quick walk across the street and seemed pretty private, especially for such a busy time of year. This room was gorgeous and we will definitely come out to stay in it again!

Unique Quality: The jacuzzi tub in the Four Seasons Suite was exactly that...SWEET!

Directions: First hotel in Montauk proper on the right. It has huge yellow smiley faces on the sides!

Ocean Beach Resort

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on April 11, 2008

This motel is in an excellent location right on the beach, with wide terraces overlooking the water. The room I had came with a small cooking area.

However, be aware that there is an Oceanside Beach Resort as well as an Ocean Beach Resort. I was booked (through Expedia) at Oceanside... but was inadvertedly taken by the taxi to Ocean... They were happy to take my money even though they hadn't received my booking. I ended up paying for both. They would have known that there was another place with such a similar name. I feel they were completely unprofessional not to suggest I was at the wrong one, and ring the other to check on my booking.

Nearby Oceanside Beach Resort

• Kitchenette
  • Suites
  • Free High Speed Internet

Montauk Travel Forum

Need advice about Montauk, New York State? Visit the Travel Forum for Montauk and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Montauk hotel reviews

Cliffs
Favorites
Montauk Point Lighthouse
Things to Do
Come see the NEW location!
Restaurants
The beach!!
Montauk Point Lighthouse
Beach parties
Favorites
Walk around Gosman's Dock at...