626 New Montauk Hwy., Montauk, New York, 11954, United States

Booking.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Terrible

Costs 150% more than similarly rated 2 star hotels

• GORGEOUS room, so sad to leave!

I rented the Four Seasons suite to stay in while celebrating my husband's 30th birthday. I decided to trust the hotel's website pics, and am SO GLAD that I did, because after booking the room I found a lot of bad reviews online and got very nervous. The suite was expensive (~$400+ per night) because we went during peak season, but the room was everything it promised to be! It was clean and the wall AC unit definitely kept the room cool. The ambiance of the room was exactly what I was looking for and we were so sad when it was time to check out. The floors were a bit sandy (not that you could see, just feel with bare feet), but I think it's impossible to completely get rid of sand in a hotel on the beach! There was definitely no sand in the bed, shower, or tub. Overall, I would say that the hotels website is for sure outdated and the outside of the hotel does not represent the quality of the rooms. We also found the owner of the hotel super-helpful, and he waited up for us to check in after-hours. The beach was a quick walk across the street and seemed pretty private, especially for such a busy time of year. This room was gorgeous and we will definitely come out to stay in it again!

Unique Quality: The jacuzzi tub in the Four Seasons Suite was exactly that...SWEET!

Directions: First hotel in Montauk proper on the right. It has huge yellow smiley faces on the sides!

• Ocean Beach Resort

This motel is in an excellent location right on the beach, with wide terraces overlooking the water. The room I had came with a small cooking area.

However, be aware that there is an Oceanside Beach Resort as well as an Ocean Beach Resort. I was booked (through Expedia) at Oceanside... but was inadvertedly taken by the taxi to Ocean... They were happy to take my money even though they hadn't received my booking. I ended up paying for both. They would have known that there was another place with such a similar name. I feel they were completely unprofessional not to suggest I was at the wrong one, and ring the other to check on my booking.

More about Oceanside Beach Resort

Loved the Oceanside Beach Resort!

I stayed at the Oceanbeach Resort with my family and we had the best time, the location was grea! The staff was wonderful and the room we were in was fantastic! So judge for yourself and go stay at the Ocenaside Beach Resort!!!

You can't beat the Oceanside Beach Resort for summer fun

by TripAdvisor Member Montaukbeachgoer

I have to say the OSBR is our favorite place to stay on Montauk. In the past I have stayed the for 4th of July weekends but the past summer my family and I stayed out there 3 times. We love it everytime we go. Friendly, clean, the kids have a place to play in back safely, and you can't beat the location. A two minute walk to the beach and a five minute walk into town. I absolutely love Darlene! She always makes us feel like welcomed family. We don't stay anywhere else. We can't wait to go back for Summer '05! :-)

A little bit of Paradise

My stay at the Oceanside Beach Resort was a very relaxing, pleasant stay. The room was bright and airy and the staff was accomodating to all my requests. The resort is a few feet from the beach which made it so easy to walk to and for me to get lost in my thoughts. I definitely will be back sometime this summer. The Oceanside Beach Resort is the perfect place for anyone looking for a little bit of Paradise.

Maybe even better than Maine

The Oceanside Beach Resort was just the right place for me and my family. While in NY to attend a wedding, we stayed in one of the efficiency units and had a wonderful time. The private beach was right outside our door and the children were well occupied. It was an easy walk to town for shopping and restaurants. The manager and staff were very accommodating and pleasant. If we ever come back this way I would definitely stay here again. We had a wonderful visit.

what a great place

I recently had the pleasure of staying at the Oceanside Beach Resort and I must admit that I was plesantly sruprised especially after readinf some of the reviews.. but I have to stay that I thought the place was great.. the staff was very friendly and were accomadating with some requests (liking making a restaurant reservation that was difficult to get and picking up some friends from the train station at 11pm) The rooms were immaculate and very comfortable... I also thought the location was perfect..not to far from town and very close to the private beach.. So I would go on to say that you should go and form your own opinion.. I did.. and I am glad I did, because I know where I will be spending my time in Montauk.... Have fun!!!!!

Good Montauk local spot

The Oceanside Beach is a typical Montauk Motel. Rooms and lodging fit the location and its clean and neat. A block from a fabulous beach and the views are terrific. Easy access to all of Montauk dining and the price is reasonable given the cost of lodging on the East End. Never had a problem there in my three stays. If your looking for the Ritz, this isn't the place.

Location! Location! Location!

While there were thin walls and sparse decor, the Oceanside's location more than made up for this.
With an unobstructed view of the ocean complete with moonlight glistening and clear bright sunshine, we more than enjoyed our stay. The uncrowded beach was right over the dunes and the town with Anthony's and John's for pancake breakfasts were a short walk. The room was clean and accommodating; didn't need air conditioning; and found the refrigerator to be a valuable asset for snacks etc. We would definitely return! Be sure to ask for second floor, oceanside.

There's a reason the price is "right"

The photos from the "resort" are at least 15 or more years old. When I got there the room I was in was so run down that the ceiling tiles were moldy and warped from a leak. Could still hear leaking. Not sure how recent that was.
A family checking into a room around mine had small children who immediately started jumping on the beds when they entered the room. It sounded like they were right above me and as if they would come straight through the ceiling. I was very surprised to learn that they were to my right and on the same level. It was so loud that MY tv entertainment shelving unit shook as well as the walls. Thin walls between the rooms.
The bathroom is very small, sink about 1/2 the standard size, the shower is the same and the water pressure is horrible, although I did have hot water. Thank God!
The front desk woman was nice, but I would not and will not stay there again. I recommend spending extra money to stay somewhere in better condition. It's too late once you're there to make changes.

A toilet!

Dingy, skanky, so bad my wife wouldn't stay here longer than one night. Various elements of the room, such as windows, doorknobs, lights were falling apart. Possibly better than sleeping on the highway. Management wasn't nasty per se, but couldn't or didn't do anything to improve the situation, nor did we get a refund. We took a beating on the cash and moved to someplace decent.

Comments