Wavecrest Oceanfront Resort

TripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Based on 135 reviews
Agoda.com Priceline
jakelove555 Aug 23, 2013 at 9:27 AM

From the minute we arrived it was an unpleasant experience!!! We decided to stay at the Wavecrest with our entire family for my Parents 50th Wedding Anniversary. 10 Adults & 11 Kids. The customer service we received from the staff from the front desk office was unaccommodating & rude. We over heard a staff member being chewed out very loudly in front of us & other guests. We were scolded & spoken to like children when we attempted to take more than 1 bag of ice from the ice maker. Btw.. 1 bag would not fill up a small cooler. The so called "arcade" was gross & run down. The pool area was dirty and the bathrooms inside the pool area were absolutely disgusting!!! The toilets did not flush at all. Looks like they had not been cleaned the entire season. Gaping holes in the parking lot going down to the beach. When we asked the front desk if there was parking down by the water's edge hotel her exact response was "How the hell should I know I'm up here in the office" with a very condescending tone. The rooms were smelly & we were grossed out sleeping in the beds. Mildew was all over my bathroom & the white towels were the size of face cloths and were a pretty shade of brown. GROSS!!!!!! Would not go back & am still not over it!!! We stayed in the water's edge building right on the ocean. I was under the impression it was the nicest. I would be scared to see the other buildings. The guys on the beach in charge of the chairs were very nice & helpful but the rest of the staff were nasty and rude.

Nearby Wavecrest Oceanfront Resort

Amenities at Wavecrest Oceanfront Resort

• Swimming Pool
  • Free Parking

Montauk Travel Forum

Need advice about Montauk, New York State? Visit the Travel Forum for Montauk and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Montauk hotel reviews

Cliffs
Favorites
Montauk Point Lighthouse
Things to Do
Come see the NEW location!
Restaurants
The beach!!
Montauk Point Lighthouse
Beach parties
Favorites
Walk around Gosman's Dock at...