403 Main Street, New Paltz, New York, 12561, United States
AMOMA.com Otel.com

Satisfaction Terrible

More about New Paltz

me checking things outme checking things out

TrishTrish

He always was a clownHe always was a clown

a scarecrow kissing bootha scarecrow kissing booth

Travel Tips for New Paltz

Hiking to get the Breathtaking views...

by arissat

If you want to see breathtaking views you need to do a little hiking and climb rocks to get to the top. It could be a little rough and you have to be adventurous to reach the top. I'm a little afraid of heights but did pretty well. Once you get to the top, you just forget everything and enjoy the beautiful view. I just didn't want to come down and wanted to stay there sitting at the highest rock and enjoy the view.

ANNUAL BARN SALE/COLLECTION OF SCARECROWS

by moiraistyx

Every fall this family that lives off of route 32 in New Paltz, holds a huge barn sale. This barn sale unlike other barn sales in the area is very unique. Sure it offers the usual barn sale garb of people's unwanted items. It also hosts a collection of nearly 40 scarecrows, each one different from the next. When Patrick and I stopped here a couple of years back, we were pleasantly surprised and over joyed with the scare crows. I am not sure which one was our favorite, but I really liked the Elvis and the Red Barron scarecrows. The people who run this barn sale also offer hay rides for a nominal fee, I believe it was $2 a person. I picked up a really cute tea cup and tea pot set for my mom while I was here along with some figurines for the little one. I'll keep an eye out for the signs and let you all know each year when the sale is going on. You should all stop by, you are bound to love what you see.

Get fabulous ground mixes at this historic mill!

by donnasue

This is the oldest grist millstilloperating in Upstate NY. About 10 minutes outside New Paltz near Gardiner.

ITs a quick stop but the store has hidden delights such as stone ground flour and spices and other goodies. The BEST is their pancake mix.THE most flavorful pancakes you will ever have (only use REAL maple syrup of course!)

I havent been back yet since new owners took over in 2001 - but it seems they've added other services such as an Inn.

THE BEST WRAPS IN NEW PALTZ

by moiraistyx about Wrapsody Grill

I fell in love with this cute little eatery from the very first time I tried it at The Taste of New Paltz 5 years ago. There's indoor and outdoor seating for patrons to enjoy. On a warm Fall day, it was nice for us to enjoy our meal outside. The noise of the cars passing by takes away from the whole experience, but once you bite into your wrap, you will quickly forget all the noise. This place takes cash and credit cards of all kinds. The eatery is open most days from 11 AM to 9 PM. Most wraps and salads will cost you $8 or less. The portions are huge and full of flavor. I've had a few different wraps here. The marinated portabella mushroom wrap is really tasty (Grilled portabella with lettuce, tomato & Pepper Jack Cheese) and so is the cranberry turkey wrap (Thinly sliced turkey with homemade mushroom stuffing and cranberry sauce), but my favorite is the Tuscan Turkey wrap. The Tuscan Turkey wrap is thinly sliced turkey with provolone cheese, spinach, tomatoes and red peppers on a wrap of your choice. You can chose from whole wheat, flour, spinach, sun-dried tomato, or garlic and herb. Try the home brewed iced tea it's really, really tasty.

ECLECTIC COFFEE HOUSE

by moiraistyx about The Muddy cup

Who doesn't love a nice hot cup of cocoa or coffee on a cold and windy day. After we enjoyed some pizza, Richie and I took the boys for some hot cocoa at The Muddy Cup. The kids were pleasantly surprised when they walked in and saw a bunch of couches and chairs for them to lounge around on. Richie and I were happy that a cup of cocoa wasn't going to send us to the poor house. We all spent about half an hour sipping our drinks and playing some cards. Patrick hated that he got beat 3 times in a row at Old Maid. One of the ladies sitting behind us had a beautiful dog with her. He was friendly and of course Patrick had to pet her. The only things I didn't like about The Muddy Cup, were all the dust that floated up when you walked on the rug and the fact that some of the couches and chairs were just down right uncomfortable. The fact is that all the couches and chairs must have come from rummage sales, but that's part of the charm of the place. I can imagine sitting in here reading a book and sipping coffee for hours. This is a great place to spend a cold afternoon with friends and family enjoying some great conversation and fantastic coffee. I really liked the carmel latte and the boys loved their hot cocoa.

Comments