Lefevre House Bed & Breakfast

14 Southside Avenue, New Paltz, New York, 12561, United States

More about New Paltz

Tony posingTony posing

gourds in the fallgourds in the fall

I can't believe how small he wasI can't believe how small he was

Patrick and a piratePatrick and a pirate

Travel Tips for New Paltz

Best spot for New Paltz info

by donnasue

For best info on New Paltz -go right to their website.
www.newpaltz.org

Get all the info on lodging and also Ulster county websites for other towns.

TIP: If you are going to book a B&B I suggest going with one that has a website to view grounds and rooms. Had a bad experience once when I didnt! Being there in the Fall to pick apples, view the glorious foliage at top of Mohonk, breathe the crisp air, attend the Crafts fair Labor Day weekend, and walk the narrow streets to browse in oldbookshops and boutiques or view the historic houses on Hugeunot St.

If you want to feel like a...

by feline01

If you want to feel like a local, bring your bike and stop off at The Bakery, located at 13a North Front Street for coffee and pastry. It's a hot-spot for the biking crowd but an excellent bakery either way. Website is www.ilovethebakery.com

I'm a sucker for a farm...

by feline01

I'm a sucker for a farm market, fresh fruit and veg straight from the farm, nothing beats it especially if it is all organic. The Wallkill View Farm Market located on Route 299W, past New Paltz almost fits the bill. It is a great market set amid the beautiful countryside, just not organic. The summer-tomatoes and corn, autumn-squash and apples and winter- squash-who needs meat!!!!

Value in food with view.

by cjg1 about Harvest Cafe

Came here the other day for a quick snack. Outside seating is available. Had a nice bottle of wine and some cheesecake. Excellent way to use a couple afternoon hours after touring town.

For those that care you get AA miles with the dining program at this place.

Tiny Place with Big Flavor

by cjg1 about The Village Tea Room

This is one of Mom's favorite places to have lunch so we have often taken her here when we are visiting. It's a average sized place with two levels. The first floor has seating along with the bakery counter, upstairs is smaller with a few scatterd tables. The decor is very plain with nothing that really catches the eye. Liz calls it a barn with good food... When we dine here; we prefer sitiing upstairs since it is quieter and in the warmer months the windows provide a nice breeze.

The menu has a nice selection of sandwiches, salads, desserts and entrees. The menu indicates which items are gluten free, vegetarian or vegan (which was something I wouldn't have expected here but I later found out that the establishment is very organic and health oriented).

Our first visit here, I decided on the Dingle pies; two Irish lamb pies served with a Mesclun salad. Mom ordered the chicken salad sandwich with a salad. Liz ordered the goat cheese, roasted vegetable and pesto on a Ciabatta roll. Liz and I had ice teas and Mom had wine. The food was very good and we were hapy with our selections. Mom and I passed on dessert but Liz ordered a ginger snap cookie. It was a nice lunch with my two favorite women. The dingle pies are very good and filling. The salad is perfect as a side dish and is very fresh. Liz enjoys the goat cheesewith roasted vegetables on a roll. Mom enjoys her salad and chicken sandwich (it is her favorite).

Comments