7 Terwilliger Lane, New Paltz, New York, 12561, United States
Orbitz.com Expedia.com Priceline.com

Satisfaction Average

More about New Paltz

that's the bottom folksthat's the bottom folks

The Map in the parking lotThe Map in the parking lot

Look ma I can driveLook ma I can drive

native americansnative americans

Travel Tips for New Paltz

Advice

by cjg1

A few words that don't fit somewhere else on here.

Hotels. Other than the Mohonk Mountain house I personally would avoid all other hotels in this town. B&B's being the exception. Newburgh and Poughkeepsie offer much better options here and are not that far away.

Hiking...

by arissat

There are some parts that are easy, others little hard, but if I did it anyone can do it.
Just have to be a little careful, since in the woods everything looks the same and it's easy to get lost. We tried to come down the same way we went up, but failed. Couldn't find the way... We managed to get down and had great time.

Village of High Falls

by Easty

A nice small village about 4 miles from Mohonk Mountain. The center of the village has nice historical houses. You can also see some old aqueducts from the Delaware & Hudson Canal. You can also take a small hike and see the Falls on Roundout Creek.

Take Mountain Rest Rd to where it meets NY Route 213 in High Falls

Worth the drive for the BEST gourmet diner!

by donnasue about The Everready Diner

This is most definitely worth the drive to Hyde Park off Rt.9. About 20minutes from New Paltz - and visit FDR and the Vanderbilt Estate while you are there!

Diner with top gourmet food - as gourmet as it gets for a diner! I have drive 1 1/2hours just to eat there on a spontaneous moment.

Try everything! Big quantities though - go hungry!

Good Wine. Cheap Italian

by cjg1 about Stazione

This is a place I've been to a couple of times. Located in the old train station down at the end of Main street behind the Guilded Otter. With a nice small bar area and a comfortable dining room I must say its one of my favorite places in town. This place will forever be in my mind for specific memories. Good and bad. I recommend it to anyone coming to town. The food is all very good. They give large sized portions for not too much money. But for me I come here for the wine list. It is a wonderful way to end a day here in town if its already dark and the Harvest Cafe is no longer an outside option.

Comments