414 Hotel

Chinggis_n_Borte's Profile Photo

A Friendly Boutique Hotel

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 17, 2014

We love the hospitality and friendly guest relations they show to all the hotel guests. Very friendly staff and owner. You are treated like a family by the staff and talk very easy to anyone. The continental breakfast was good and the Happy Hour from 5pm wine champagne and assorted cheese are all for free are inclusive in your stay. To the owner Susan Yates thank you so much for your hospitality and the birthday present we truly love our stay at your hotel.

Unique Quality: What amazes us here was the very friendly reception of the Owner (who is also the Manager) and its Staff. It happen that it was also in time of Chinggis birthday and on our check out they gave us a birthday present a 414 hotel red souvenir mug with assorted chocolates. It is beyond to our expectation but I guess that's how they are in particular when the owner is always there and is also managing and talking to its hotel customers and visitors. The breakfast continental buffet is also included in the price booking. but not only that if you are a wine and cheese lover there is what they call a Happy Hour starts at 5 pm to 7pm where all hotel guests could have a wine and champagne and assorted cheese and finger foods and you can socialize and chat with the owner and other hotel guests from different countries. What is good here too is along the same street outside the hotel are numerous choices of fine dining restaurants of different cuisine from different countries.

Directions: From Manhattan Times Square Train Terminal it is a short walk to 46 West Street 414 Hotel ( FromTimes Square - on the 7th Ave ) Walk west till you get to 9th Avenue then walk uptown or northhward till you get to 46th West

butterfly2006's Profile Photo

Most Friendly Hotel Ever

by written on August 15, 2014

I and a friend had the pleasure of being guests at 414 Hotel recently. We simply love it.
From the moment we arrived until the day of departure everyone of the staff had always a friendly smile for us.
Susan and Mary were so sweet even before our arrival, helping us by email to get tickets, transfers and so on.
In the evenings they have a wine and cheese gathering where the guests can interact. It was soooo nice to listen the multitude of accents and languages. Like us, it seems everyone there was feeling at home!!!
I believe every detail was thought to give us the best experience. They also have a good breakfast, and excellent location.
We were trying to avoid the big and impersonal hotels and found the PERFECT one!
Next time in NY? 414 HOTEL for sure!!!

Clean, Comfortable, and Pleasant

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 15, 2012

I was worried about bed bugs in New York so I chose a chain, thinking they have more at stake.

I had a nice time here.

It was a great location for me, near the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre so I could walk 5 minutes to shows and I had a great time.

Whole Foods round the corner and felt pretty safe.

Unique Quality: The staff let me use their fax for free, when I was in a jam and needed to fax documents for work.

Directions: Chelsea

Fort William Henry lake George has bed bugs ouch

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 13, 2010

Do not stay at the fort William Henry hotel in lake George new York. While the lake view is quite lovely, the bed bite frenzy that occurred to us in the middle of the night was a vampire nightmare. We saw the bugs in the am and told staff help.

Unique Quality: Not clean

Directions: Lake George upstate new York region

Great Hotel With One Problem

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 31, 2009

I would recommend this hotel highly for single female travelers and for couples.It felt very safe.
My husband, my German friend, and I recently stayed for two nights. The location is lovely and the room was very nice. The service was also good.

However, there was one serious problem. THE EXTRA BED HAD A PLASTIC MATTRESS THAT WAS NOT MADE FOR SLEEPING. WHEN I ASKED THE FRONT DESK FOR A DIFFERENT MATTRESS, IT ARRIVED IMMEDIATELY AND WAS IDENTICAL TO THE FIRST ONE.
MY FRIEND WAS UNABLE TO SLEEP ON THE MATTRESS AND ,MY HUSBAND, A CAMPER, USED THE EXTRA BED, BUT SLEPT VERY POORLY BOTH NIGHTS.

Please replace the mattress on all your roll beds with a mattress that is made for sleeping. Until then, do not rent rooms with a roll bed!!!

Unique Quality: Great Location

Directions: Times Square Area

Paris92's Profile Photo

Great Little Boutique Hotel

by written on January 18, 2009

Having grown up in New York, I don’t know much about hotels, so when I passed by this charmer I decided to go in and have a look so I’d have something to recommend to people. What an adorable hotel! It’s quiet, very well decorated (sleek but not super hip), has a cute little terrace area and they have all kinds of amenities like a free breakfast and wifi. I asked to be shown around and the staff was lovely even though I said I wasn’t interested in it for myself. It’s in the area called “Hell’s Kitchen,” but don’t let the name scare you away. The neighborhood is really coming into it’s own and this would definitely be on my short list of places to stay if I were coming into the city.

Unique Quality: Great outside terrace area as well as some wonderful free amenities.

70 Park Avenue Kimpton Hotel

by written on February 27, 2008

A luxurious hotel for guests seeking a stylish residential ambiance and gracious service, 70 park avenue is ready to be your home away from home in New York. 70 park avenue hotel encourages guests to Live Life Well through a host of inspiring symphony of musical touch points. For the passionate business person or the savvy adventurer, 70 park avenue is a melodic sanctuary where rhythm and rhyme redefine what it means to be a lifestyle boutique hotel. All the while, placing guests within walking distance of many of New York's favorite attractions, such as Fifth Avenue shopping, the United Nations building, Rockefeller Center and Broadway shows. Inside the hotel, the "Living Room" lobby, designed by Jeffrey Bilhuber, provides the perfect setting for guests to relax, engage and laugh. The Living Room also welcomes guests with a complimentary wine reception each evening. Hotel amenities include full concierge services, WiFi Internet throughout the hotel, valet parking, complimentary overnight shoeshine, and complimentary access to the nearby fitness center. Culinary treats are served daily at the adjacent silverleaf tavern. Drawing upon New York City's diverse culinary history and inspired by the early American tavern, silverleaf bring locals and guests together with its wide range of tempting menu and cocktail offerings.

The pet-friendly hotel welcomes pets with a treat and food and water dishes to use during their stay. Walking services are also available.

Jeffrey Bilhuber brings his renowned interior design skills into each of the 205 luxurious guestrooms, which serve the hotel's Live Life Well mantra. Standard amenities include L'Occitane bath amenities, plush robes, cordless phone with voicemail and dataport; 24-hour room service; hairdryer; minibar; morning paper; room service and 42' flat-screen cable television with CD/DVD player, iHome alarm clocks, surround sound and on-demand movies. Guests can refresh and rejuvenate with the in-room spa services and Yoga TV channel with complimentary yoga accessories. 70 park avenue hotel also features Kimpton's Forgot It, We've Got It program, where toiletry items that you may have left at home are complimentary provided for you.

Unique Quality: 205 spacious guestrooms and suites featuring walls of rich brown showcasing the natural light and soft earth tones/textures, inducing a feeling of comfort and serenity. Infinity mirrors create a sense of space and further reflect the light. Accents such as 'bypass' bathroom doors, Candella portable lanterns, artwork, and residential furnishings underscore the hotel's distinction.

Directions: Located on the corner of Park Avenue and East 38th Street, within walking distance of Grand Central Station, Fifth Avenue shopping, Broadway Theatre District. It is 8 miles from LaGuardia Airport, 15 miles from JFK and 18 miles from Newark Intl.

Would Never Stay Again

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 12, 2004

I would not recommend this Inn to any traveler visitng NY. We stayed 1/8/04-1/11/04 and were very disappointed. The first room that we were put in did not have a lock on the window that lead directly to the fire escape onto the street. We were told by the first manager that we had nothing to worry about b/c there were "sensors." Not satisfied with this story we approached a different manager who was more than happy to move us to another room. However, the heat did not work (at all) and it was 10 degrees outside. Once again we complained and were offered a room with twin beds. However, this is not what we booked nor was it what we were billed for. So, we toughed it out with a small space heater as our only means of heat in the month on Jan! In addition, the hotel misadvertises: there are NOT hairdryers in the rooms, irons, the muffins and bagels are stale, the electrical outlets by the sink do not work, and their idea of a king size bed is two twin beds pushed together with king size coverings. GHETTO! Word to the wise, if you want a decent place to stay, do not stay at the 414 Inn.

Unique Quality: No heat, windows do not lock, and the continental breakfast is stale.

Directions: Midtown West

New Yorks greatest Inn

by written on September 10, 2003

It was a great place to stay. Lots of things to do, a beautifull pool and view. They had a well kept hotel and I would highly recommend it!

Unique Quality: I liked how they had a pool, Hot tub, weight room. There was just things to do so once we got back to our hotel we werent bored.

Directions: Hotel located near:
Trains A,C,E,N,Q,R,I, and 9 Port Authority Bus Terminal Grand Central and Pennsylvania Train Stations

Nearby 414 Hotel

Amenities at 414 Hotel

• Continental Breakfast
  • Free High Speed Internet

New York City Travel Forum

Need advice about New York City, New York State? Visit the Travel Forum for New York City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest New York City hotel reviews