70 Park Avenue, at 38th Street, New York City, New York, 10016, United States

Expedia.com Travelocity Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• carteki's Profile Photo

Comfortable Central Hotel

I spent 12 nights in the hotel and enjoyed my stay. It is 4 blocks from Grand Central and 10 blocks from the night life at Times square, but away from the madding crowds. The rooms range from miniscule and cramped (a friend even had a room with no windows) to mine which was gorgeous and luxurious. There is complimentary internet (wired and wireless) if you sign up for the loyalty program.
    Minuses:My biggest DISAPPOINTMENT with the hotel was that there was no tea or coffee in the room (which seriously impacted my enjoyment of my stay). The other annoyance was having to constantly leave notes to the housekeeping staff on how to make up the room. They insisted on closing the blinds and turning on ALL the lights. As there is no master switch, this meant that I had to go around the room turning each one off.
    Pluses: The following complimentary services did not make up for this lapse: The toiletries are all L'Occitane, there is no gym, but they do give a voucher to a nearby gym. You can request yoga gear to be brought to your room and there is a complimentary workout program on the TV. One of the nicest touches is that the rooms contain an iHome, which allows you to plug in your iPod and listen to your own music and the room contains a dvd player.

More about Seventy Park Avenue Hotel

Great Hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member ioiiooo

I took a trip to NYC last month to ask my girlfriend to marry me, and we stayed at the Hotel 70 Park Avenue. The location was great (a few blocks from Grand Central), the room was beautiful, and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

If you're at a loss for where to have a meal, I'd highly recommend the hotel's concierge. Knowing I was going to ask my girl to marry me after a showing of Avenue Q during a carriage ride in Central Park, I wasn't sure what a good restaurant in the area would be, so the concierge found out how long our show was and took care of reservations for two at a very romantic restaurant near the theatre district. Very helpful! And yes, we got engaged.

My only complaint would be that the sound on the TV kept going down to nothing for no apparent reason at random intervals, but that was minor compared to all of the other great things at 70 Park.

Excellent location, great staff.

Great things about this hotel: the staff were friendly, efficient and capable - nothing was too much trouble - and everyone I met smiled and said hello. Travelling as a single woman I felt completely safe. The room was spotless, definitely large by NYC standards and there were several nice touches - plasma screen, DVD player. The bed was very comfortable. Food - good. I ordered room service which was prompt and, again, very friendly. The location is also a plus with subways and taxis close by.

Now the not so great - there was some heavy working/drilling/street noise in the morning. I don't mind the sound of traffic or even the ubiquitous honking cabs (you are in New York after all), but the extremely loud drilling was not very pleasant. This isn't really the hotel's fault - and you when you're in New York you probably won't be in your room too much anyway.

All things considered I would definitely stay here again - the rooms are comfortable, the location is perfect and the staff go out of their way to ensure that you are welcomed and looked after.

We checked in, checked it out, then left!

by TripAdvisor Member married&inlove

After seeing the photos, hearing what all of you had to say & even seeing this hotel in Conde Nasts "best" list recently, we felt confident in making this our home for 3 nights recently. One of us even went to the trouble of calling the hotel directly & asking manyquestions ie: room size, view, bathroom, possible packages & so on. We have also learned, like many of you experienced travelers, to check the room before commiting & we did. The room (the same one you see on this site) was large, but there was no view of the Empire State building as promised. There is a view of the street. My boyfriend was promised a jacuzzi tub with a view of the Empire State Building, which I had to see to believe. Just a regular tub & a tiled bathroom. Nice, but nothing fantastic about it. All in all, we both sighed & realized that again we had been promised something really special & found it so, so. We debated & figured that at 425.00 a night we could do better. We went to the Omni, found it older & even less desirable. We walked & looked & low & behold found a Jolly poperty right around the corner that had several rooms (this was at check out time~we lucked out) & found a jr. suite that had a large marble bath & glassed in shower, 2 sinks & even a bidet. We booked a full suite at the Waldorf for the rest of the trip & I can't tell you how fabulously spoiled I felt. The room service was impeccable & there is more room than you know what to do with (with 5 large rooms all to your own~you'll feel like a rock star, or at least someone really important) & we had a corner of Park Ave. all to our own! The upshot? Upgrade, your worth it!

What a disappointment - do not recommend!

by TripAdvisor Member kbjesq

We booked this hotel (through priceline) as a 4 star hotel. I have no idea who gave the hotel this rating or why. With due respect to other reviewers, the fact that the bathroom has a villeroy & boch sink and glass tiles does not make a 4 star hotel - particularly when the shower is full of black mold/mildew and the bedding is shabby. The 1st day of our stay we had a trickle of hot water, by morning, we had no water at all. In addition, the A/C was woefully inadequate. After 12 hours with no water, they finally told us that we could "use the bathroom" in the room next to us. Finally, they agreed that we could move to another room (did not offer to help us move, and in fact, required that we go downstairs to exchange room keys). The 2nd room was even smaller than the first, and yes, it is true that the bathrooms are so small that you have to sit sideways to use the commode. The wall heater is right next to toilet - I also wondered what would have happened if it was winter and we were in this room. The housekeeping services were atrocious, they did not clean our room at all for the 1st 24 hours. Dirty room service dishes sat in the hallway for 2 days! Also vacuums, cleaning carts, etc. were left in the hallway all day and night. The hallways were already very cramped so it was a challenge to get to your room, especially with luggage. This hotel did not live up to the promise of 4 star service, and yes, it is very noisy although there was no construction going on at the time of our visit. I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel. The one exception to our bad experience was the concierge who gave us excellent advice about restaurants in chinatown.

Comments