Avalon Vincci Hotel

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• biglad919's Profile Photo

Jaysus!

Checked in without a hitch but the ears perked when I got to the room and read that there was a planned strike by housekeeping on the next day. Enjoyed my night out and came back at about 3:30AM, as you do in NYC. Was rudely shook by the pulsating car horns cheering on the strikers outside at 7AM. That went on for about 2 hours. I did get a bit of sleep after that. When it was time to wash and bail at around 11:30AM, there was no water. I called and had to actually argue with the front desk to extend the checkout so I could wash some of that evening's pub residue from me. I could live with the strikers. That happens. The fact that I had to argue at a point where I was doubly inconvenienced with noise and no water was unnecessary. I'll keep looking for a good, affordable, NYC hotel. This isn't it.

More about Avalon Vincci Hotel

A wonderful hideaway

by TripAdvisor Member SBJ-UK

This hotel must be one of the best value in New York. We have just returned from a four night stay in a wonderful suite for just over $200 a night. For this we got a very large suite including one of the largest hotel bathrooms I have seen in a city hotel (jacuzzi, seperate shower, two basins etc). There was also free high speed internet, and an all in one fax/printer on the desk. The breakfast included within the price was also good (although the dining area isn't really big enough if you go at a popular time) and we even received complementary champagne.

My only issue (which prevents 5 stars) would be that the in room heating control had no effect whatever and the air-con fans were quite noisy. Other than that, there really is nothing to criticise. If you want a hotel with a wonderful (and very close) view of the Empire State then stay here.

Lovely small hotel

Although our stay lasted just one night, what we experienced of the hotel was just great. The room, a junior suite, which I would recommend, was spacious and had everything a visitor needed. The dining room offered a good menu choice and the complimentary breakfast was more than adequate.

Wonderful Bargin

by TripAdvisor Member libertyproject

This hotel was a wonderful surprise. Rooms are well appointed, and although small, it had everything you might expect in a $300 per night room. Comfortable king bed, large marble bath with seperate shower, 2 27 inch TV's and they even provided a body pillow!

The staff was very nice, the public spaces are well maintained and breakfast was even part of my rate. I booked a King Suite online for $159.00 for a 1 night, mid week stay.

The room was clean, the property safe and the room well appointed for my needs as a business traveler. I stayed on the third floor, and it appeared rooms 309 and 307 were slighter larger.

The Avalon was also far less expensive then the other hotels on the same street: Holiday Inn on Broadway, Red Roof Inn, Stanford Hotel and La Quinta. I would recommend a suite for two or more people. The suite is nothing more than a small, well appointed sitting area, nevertheless the extra space provides a place to relax and/or work.

The hotel could use a fresh coat of paint and upgrade the elevators; otherwise this privately owned hotel is worth a stay for those with who like to walk or upgrade from the list of hotels mentioned above.

I would say the only downside is the location, East 32nd Street between 5th and Madison. Penn Station was a long 3 block walk, Macy's a long 2 blocks and Time Square 12 blocks.

Wonderful hideaway !

by TripAdvisor Member joirish1972

Have just spent 3 nights at the Avalon Hotel over the Easter weekend and found it to be a wonderful little hideaway. On arrival you are struck by how immaculate the hotel is and the reception staff are very welcoming and helpful.

We were booked into a junior suite ( for 3 of us) and found this to be more than adequate. The rooms were very well decorated, we had 2 king-size beds and a sofa-bed. The marble bathroom was wonderful although the water temperature was a little temperamental.

Location-wise the Hotel is perfectly situated for midtown Manhattan - the entrance to the Empire State Building is about 1 mins walk away; Macy's is 5 mins and Times Square approx 10 - 15 mins. We found that we walked everywhere , there was no need to take transpost apart from when we went down to the tip of Manhattan (Battery Park, South Street Seaport, etc).

So overall we would highly recommend this hotel for anyone and I know I shall definately return here on my next visit to NYC.

The Avalon Hotel, New York City

by Jewy

Has anybody stayed at this hotel? It is on East 32nd Street. It is described as having 4 Mobil Stars - does this equate to the British 4* rating?

Re: The Avalon Hotel, New York City

by virtualpatrick

I've visited a friend who stayed at the Avalon - which calls itself a boutique hotel. It's classically decorated. They have several type of rooms to choose from. See:

It's definitely ABOVE a tourist type of hotel which I'm equating to a 3 star according to european type of rating. So a 4 star out of 5 could be given.

Comments