Bentley Hotel

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 24% less than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

• vivalasteph's Profile Photo

Great hotel

I have stayed at this hotel several times and have always had a good experience. The staff is wonderful, the decor is really cool and the location is perfect. Then there is the view!

Unique Quality: Rooftop restaurant and bar with outdoor deck, overlooking the 59st bridge and the East River! And the neighborhood is fantastic - lots of restaurants, shopping, etc.

More about Bentley Hotel

My Favourite Place

by megolodon

New York - what can I say. The most amazing city I have ever been to. The people there are very helpful and friendly and the city itself is remarkably clean.
I have visiting NYC a few times now at various times of the year. Last time was to celebrate New Year. We stayed at the Millennium Times Square Hotel in the centre of Times Square. Great rooms, very plush and clean. We also had a decent view of the square which was good. The first time we stayed at The Bentley Hotel in the upper east side of the city and again, I would really recommend this hotel. Although it is a bit farther away from the main part of the city, the NYC transportation system allows you to get back and forth with no problem what so ever.
Bentley Hotel - http://www.nychotels.com/
Millenium Broadway Hotel - http://www.millenniumhotels.com/MCIL.nsf/lu_hoteldoc/58$$hoteldescription?opendocument There are far to many things that I love about this city to mention but I will try to list some.
FOOD!! - lots of it, everything you could ever imagine - Try John's Pizza and Ellen's Stardust Dinner - food with entertainment!!!! - http://ellensstardustdiner.com/
Theatre - You have to take a show. I say Aida and Mama Mia - great stuff
Zoo - If you want to visit a good zoo - go to the Bronx Zoo. Great animals to see and wonderful zoo. http://www.bronxzoo.com/
Park - Has to be Central Park. Go for a horse and carridge ride through the park. Also visit Turtle Pond. You might even see a turtle . Link - http://www.centralparknyc.org/
I would also recommend a visit to the American National History museum. Will take quite a while to go around this. I took a day!!! Great for the little kids and the big kids!! http://www.amnh.org/museum/welcome/
SHOPPING - Well it goes without saying really. Anything you could dream off!! For a great outlet, visit the WOODBURY CENTRE Outlet - great bargins but check the weight limit on your flight before you visit!!! http://www.icsc.org/srch/sct/current/page68.html
SPORT - If you enjoy sport, try and visit Madison Square Gardens. You can see loads of stuff here - we saw the New York Rangers (Ice Hockey) and the New York Knicks (basketball).
SIGHTS - There are TONS of sights to see in NYC from the obvious ones like the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State building, to the smaller sites like the Flatiron building and Radio City. I would also recommend a trip in a helicopter. Some breathtaking sites on a good day.

GO!!

top dollar

stayed at the bentley hotel in march 2004.excelent hotel.very friendly very helpful.hotel room very clean beds changed daily.great location to the subway about 5 mins walk away.all in all great value hotel and would definetly stay there again.

One of the worst

I had the unfortunate experience of spending a night in the Bentley hotel on 30th March 2004. On arrival we were "greeted" by possibly two of the rudest doormen, the reception staff were in no way better. I would definitley not recommend this hotel to anyone, friend or foe!

One word to describe it :- A Magic Hotel !

Our stay at the Bentley Hotel was re-arranged at the last minute because the Empire Hotel shut down the week before. What a bargain. The rooms were spacious, the staff pleasant and the complimentary breakfast a bonus. The hotel is a bit out of the way but the bus stop across the road will get you into times square in 10 minutes. Don't get me wrong it isn't the ritz which is where all those people who are negative about the bentley should go and stay. They would soon complain then about the prices !! We went in March and the temperature in the room was fine. Go on book it but dont forget your trainers if you don't like public transport.

A real dissapointment!!!

You need to make sure you have your tennis shoes, The Bentley is way out of the way. You have to be careful when you step out of the building or you could be run over by a vehicle going to the Mobil station that is right on top of the hotel. We had a quad room non smoking reserved and paid for but did not receive it. Ask for a wakeup call and had friends calling and our phone never rang the whole stay. Our neighbors complained about our t.v. being to loud, we had no way to adjust the volume. I could go on and on about the little things. My advise is to stay somewhere else. This hotel in my opinion is a 1 star.

Great hotel...We were very pleased!!!

My father and I had never been to New York before, so when I booked a hotel I had no idea what area I wanted, or what to expect. I chose the Bentley because of the great price they were offering in September. I prayed the pictures they displayed on their website would be equal to the actual hotel. Once we arrived at the Bentely I have to admit we were more than pleased. A beautiful hotel, very large room with 2 double beds, and an amazing view of the gondala lifts to Rosevelt Island, as well as the Queensboro Bridge. The beds were pure heaven, and the comforters were like feathers. The hotel's view from its roof are spectacular. Not only do they have a nice walking area that encircled the hotel roof, but many chairs where you could sit at night and enjoy a smoke and take in the view. And what a view it was, from all sides you have an incredible view of the city from every angle, and I confess I spent much time gazing off that roof. The hotel also has an excellent restraraunt on the top floor, where we enjoyed breakfast and dinner. The food was very good and reasonably priced. The staff was extremlly friendly and out rooms were always spotless when we returned home from a day of sight seeing. The front desk even watched our bags all day, on the morning we checked out, so that we could spend a few more hours in the city before our flight, without worrying about our luggae. The only minor problem the Bentley has is the actual location. It is only 5 blocks to the subway, and during the day this is a wonderful walk full of intresting sights and sounds. But at night it is NOT a place you want to be strolling around. Its pretty deserted at night, and not near any bars, or food places that are 24 hours. If you want to go out at night, you also need to call a taxi, since it is not a high traffic area and taxis do not pass by there all the time. But if you like hotels that are quiet and off the beaten path, this is the place to go, and the view is worth it.My father and I are returning to New York this summer and since I wanted to experience the night life we decided to stay at another hotel that is owned by the same company, the Ameritania right on Broadway. It will be noisy, loud and busy but this time that is what we are looking for. I only pray that it is as nice as the Bentley, and we both plan on returning to The Bentley on our visist next year because we love the hotel so much. I highly recommend this hotel, we loved it and I know you will too!

terrible

by TripAdvisor Member Sea98

I booked the hotel via the Internet ‘last minete.com. From the description it sounded lovely. When we arrived we were allocated a room over looking the petrol station just under the hotel. The room was very noisy (I asked for a quite room on the top floor) the service was appalling, the staff did not care about anything, the restaurant was truly very bad indeed, service, food & price! Breakfast was a joke! The rooms were dirty, the lights did not work. The concierge leapt at you to grab your case to receive a tip. I say, save your money go somewhere else!!!

Hated the Bentley! They have Bugs!

This hotel was horrible! i found bugs on my mattress and i had to ask them several times to send me to another room. the service was horrible. i ended up having to go to a different hotel that night. the rooms are very small!! dont let the beautiful pictures fool you!

Plenty of room for improvement, we go back for the price.

My husband and I have stayed at The Bentley three seperate times now, for business. It's not that we enjoy the hotel so much as it's a good price for NY. I would not pay more than $130. to stay there, payed $105. the last time. Our rooms have been completely different all three times, always quite spacious. Have had a great view of the bridge, also have had a room with a not so great view but instead was given a suite so there was even more room, two t.v's, sofa,etc. I wouldn't be too pleased if I ended up with the gas station view. We like to cab around NY, or walk for blocks and blocks so the location doesn't bother us but it would be out of the way for some. The elevators always seem to have a problem, make some scary noises. I enjoy the interior design, modern, chocolate and white in the lobby but the furnishings are getting trashed very quickly. The rooms are holding up a bit better. I always find them cleaned well and the neutral, warm colours are pleasing. Marble bathrooms are nice, in good condition. I agree with other reviewers, the concierge is not really friendly or helpful. This is not a place where the service will blow you away. I actually don't expect anything from them so I don't get disapointed. Although there are a few nice people the service is very basic. Check out the rooftop for the view but don't expect much from your bagel and juice. They could really fix it up and have a beautiful spot up there. That goes for the entire hotel I guess. If they did though, we wouldn't get it for such a cheap price.

Bentley Hotel - New York

by Div10

Hi there,

A friend and I are traveling to NY at the end of this month and staying at the Bentley Hotel. Please can you tell me what it's like as we are getting confused messages.

Thanks so much.

Div

RE: Bentley Hotel - New York

by holtk

The looby is nice, the rooms were small and the hotel was not that clean. It's one of those hotels that look better in pictures.

The Beekman Tower Hotel, one of hotels in the Affinia's chain where we always stay it is just a great place, rooms and people wise.

Comments