Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel

Expedia.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• xymmot's Profile Photo

DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH

The stay was pleasant as well as coinvence since I wanted to be in the Chinatown area. The lobby is on the second floor so as you know, when we first got there it was hard to find and it was a new hotel at the time so there was only one sign that said BW second floor. As we enter the lobby through the elevator, the area was quite small but effiencent. We check in a breeze and was told of the free breakfast and paper. We showed our way to the room which is suppose to have two queens in it and I was skeptic about the results, but sure enough with space as a premium, there were two queen size beds which took up most of the room and walking space was like two feet wide throughout the room. It was a good thing that they invented flat screen TV, but I must say, who ever designed the room was very intelligent with the use of space and I throughly enjoyed the stay.

Unique Quality: Small space in the room meant a very cozy atmosphere with my girlfriend and her friend. It worked out great except the bathroom for four people was a bit much. Great location, many eatery around the place. I left the car outside in a meter space with no problem...(be sure to read the sign)

Directions: Chinatown

• Jefie's Profile Photo

Good price and amazing location

Finding a reasonably priced hotel in Manhattan is not the easiest thing to do, but we really lucked out when we chose to stay at the Best Western Bowery. The location is great - you're just steps away from Chinatown, Little Italy and SoHo, so there are lots of restaurants around and plenty of attractions are located just a short walk away. Our room was very clean and comfortable (we did have a wheelchair-accessible room though so I don't know if all rooms are as spacious as ours), equipped with a flatscreen TV and nicely furnished. The hotel provided free Continental breakfast (gotta love those waffles!), free Internet access and free local calls. There were computers available in the lobby area and the staff was very helpful, always ready to answer our questions and making sure we were enjoying our stay in New York City. I'd read good reviews online before we decided to book our room but this place really exceeded my expectations, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again!

Directions: At the corner of Grand St. and Bowery St.

More about Best Western Bowery Hanbee Hotel

Loved this place

by TripAdvisor Member elisabeth_nj

Husband and I stayed here during the San Gennaro's feast in Little Italy. The place was GREAT. I've never stayed in a NYC hotel that was cleaner and nicer and we've stayed many times all over "the city". This was our 3rd trip in this year alone!

Girls at front desk were very friendly as were the 2 men we encountered at the security desk downstairs.

I loved the bathroom. We had a stand up shower that was big enough for 4 or 5 with a bench to sit and a great window with frost glass. Hardly had to turn on the lights because there was so much light coming in thru the window!

Location is terrific for the Village, Little Italy, South Street, etc.

Next time we need to be "downtown" I would definatley stay here again. Oh and we got a great rate...$151.00. I tried to book another room 4 days later for friends and it jumped up to $356.00.

I know this place is new (opened 4/08) but I hope it stays in its current condition.

Great clean hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ywbyooperwannabee

This was my first trip to the "Big City". I met up with my son after he finished working at a camp for the summer.
Some of the staff were staying here so he booked our room.
What a clean clean clean hotel. Spotless. Beds were more than comfy and the rooms were spotless. Lots of care with the staff.
How can you beat 1 block from the subway. 2 blocks from Mulberry street. When I return, and I will be back to NYC this is my 1st and only choice. Why change something that worked out so well.

Good Choice in Chinatown

by TripAdvisor Member D_and_JCharlotte_NC

This was a very convenient location, in Chinatown, near Soho, near Little Italy, and at a good price compared to other New York hotels. The neighborhood felt safe and it was close to lots of the excitement of Manhattan. We booked two rooms for our family gathering. The room with two queen beds was very reasonably priced, but small and crowded. The king suite was more expensive, but wonderful--very spacious, and smartly furnished with sofa (opened to a double bed), several upholstered chairs, tables and chairs, mircowave, fridge. The suite was great for hanging out with 6-8 people. The hotel lobby is small and crowded, and oddly on the second floor, with a small area for continental breakfast. Everything in the hotel is newly refurbished and attractive. This was a great buy for being located in Manhattan and near Soho where we wanted to be.

Good find in NYC

by TripAdvisor Member JAmieskellington

Like others have said, the location is good for Little Italy, Soho, Chinatown , the Lower East Side, and, if you don't mind a bit of walking: Tribeca, the Village etc etc. If you are in NYC for shopping in unique stores and for going out on the town versus sightseeing, it is a great location. The hotel has been newly renovated and I found it to be VERY clean ( "new"), the bed comfortable ,and the decor tasteful and relaxing. I am a light sleeper, so I asked for an upper floor room, which I got, and had no problem with outside noise (unusual in NYC). I do recommend requesting a room away from elevators as hallway doors shut loudly. Likewise, be warned that the hotel can be hard to find when you arrive. Look for Hanbee sign to be more noticeable than "Best Western". If you are a business traveler, you may find the work space to be cramped but serviceable. If you have not stayed in New York before, you may be shocked at the ratio of room size to room cost but I found this hotel had good value for money... for New York anyway. I did not try the breakfast; there are are diners and restaurants nearby. I found the staff polite truly friendly and helpful. I enjoyed my stay, had no complaints and will definitely stay there again.

Excellent excellent excellent

by TripAdvisor Member Maurice999

Excellent location. Excellent spacious clean well-facilitated room. Good curteous friendly helpful service. Fairly priced.

A continental breakfast was included and we were pleased with the range of drinks and food provided -- more that the usual continental breakfast.

The room safe was large enough for a laptop, camera and accessories.

I will return to this hotel for my next NY trip and recommend it to all of my friends and family.

lovely hotel

by TripAdvisor Member barbwire65

It's nice and cozy in the heart of Chinatown. Everybody was very nice at the reception. Breakfast was good and included. Room was the right size, bed comfortable. Being out most of the day, I'd say it was a good place to go back to sleep! I'll use it again next time I go to NYC!

A great hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member newyork172

My husband and I just returned from a 4 day 5 night stay in the best city in the world and had a wonderful experience at this hotel. Checking in and checking out was a pleasant experience. The room was spacious and kept very clean. The continental breakfast was a plus. Everyone at the hotel that we came into contact with was very friendly and helpful. This was our first time staying in Chinatown and we enjoyed the area and Little Italy very much. It took a little time getting back and forth on bus to and from Times Square, etc., but we are not familiar with riding the subway. In our opinion, this hotel is definitely a bargain and the price is right for this time of year. I have already recommended this hotel to friends and co-workers.

Great experience

by TripAdvisor Member ValentinesEdinburgh

My husband and i stayed at this great little hotel for 3 nights mid December. The reviews we read before booking did not let us down! The room was spotless, all the staff were so helpful and genuinely nice and the location was perfect as we did not want to stay in the city, prefering a quieter area to come "home" to after trekking about the shops and sightseeing during the days. This hotel is right in the heart of Chinatown, which is so colourful and so friendly, Little Italy, just 2 minutes away is amazing for eating out and the easy tube link into the city is so cheap and easy to negotiate.

Only downside? We are going back to NYC in March for my birthday and the room rates are not too favourable so think we are heading to the Hilton/Doubletree in Jersey City..............unless the rate's change in our favour!

Good stay in China Town NYC

by TripAdvisor Member sventheman

The hotel is located in NYCs China Town pretty close to the Grand St subway station. So it was easy to get quickly everywhere.

The breakfast is very basic and you better go to another place to have good food.

The rooms itself are convenient and modern. Bad thing is that the heater didnt work and made bad noises. The rooms main door was very thin so we were able to here everthing on the floor. That sucks especially at night when you wanna sleep and other people open and close there doors.

On the first day we arrived we didnt get our booked King Size Room and instead a Queen Size. Afterwards we had to move to our King Size. At least they dropped the room rate for that day.

On the 5th level is a very noisy coke fridge on the floor. ;-)

Ask for a room that to the inner courtyard. Street is very busy.

All in all the hotel was as expected. Very expensive and average quality. Thats New York...

Comments