147 West 43rd Street, New York City, New York, 10036, United States

Casablanca Hotel Times Square
Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• kaybsix's Profile Photo

A Wonderful Spot

This is a Hotel /Bed and Breakfast. It is a oasis in the middle of Times Square. It is quiet inside only two Blocks from the main part of times square.
    They have excellant customer service and are quick to help you with reservations and other show needs. We have them get us Yankee Tickets.

They serve a cold breakfast and Wine and cheese in the afternoon, all included.

We will stay here again.

Unique Quality: An oasis in the middle of the City

Directions: Two blocks from Times Square

More about Casablanca Hotel

Perfect Vacation

by TripAdvisor Member gkuta

My wife and I stayed at the Casablanca Hotel during the first week of August celebrating my wife's birthday as well as our anniversary. All of the positive reviews rendered by previous guests are right on the mark. Although we arrived several hours prior to check-in, our room was available and our request for a non-smoking, quiet room was honored. ALL hotel staff were exceptional! The front desk associates were very friendly, courteous, and helpful. They offered great recommendations regarding restaurants, entertainment and subway directions. Housekeeping was completed in a very timely manner as the room was generally cleaned while we were enjoying the complimentary breakfast at Rick's Cafe. We found the accomodations to be most comfortable, very clean and well maintained, and QUIET! We are very hard pressed to find any negatives regarding the Casablanca. The afternoon snacks as well as the complimentary wine and cheese during the early evening hours were a true oasis after enjoying a full day on the town. Rick's Cafe even provides complimentary internet access for guests of the hotel as well as NYC newspapers.
Given the above amenities, plus it's terrific location, it would be difficult to recommend another hotel while visiting NYC.
We are looking forward to returning to NYC and again staying at the Casablanca Hotel. The Casablanca truly made our vacation and visit to NYC very special.

Great place to celebrate an anniversary

My wife and I just spent a long weekend at the Casablanca in celebration of our 28th wedding anniversary.
We have visited New York on several occasions on business trips and have stayed at the Kymberly Suites and the Marriott Marquis. As we planned this trip, we debated on whether we should stay at the Millennium or the Casablanca based upon the best available rates as well as comments that we read at tripadvisor.com.
We chose the Casablanca and are glad that we did. The Hotel Casablanca is a great boutique hotel, with as friendly and helpful staff that you could ever ask for.
The rooms were exceptionally clean and quiet. Average size for a New York Queen room, with nice appointments.
The second floor "Rick's Cafe" is a nice spot to pick up the complimentary tea and coffee, along with other baked goods. The free breakfast is good if you are satisfied with cereals, pastries and juices. We preferred a hot breakfast, and the manager had an excellent recommendation of the Red Flame Grill just a block and a half away that had 24 hour, classic American menu that was prepared quickly, in a clean, crisp atmosphere.
If you are traveling to New York, and Broadway shows are on your agenda its hard to imagine a better location than that of the Casablanca. A 10-minute walk to any show on Broadway, fifteen steps to the heart of Times Square. There is easy access to all public transportation, this is a great spot for pleasure or business.
My wife and I are already looking forward to our next stay at Casablanca.

Great hotel....however,

After months of research, I picked the Casablanca for my first trip to NYC. I was impressed initially with the wonderful response from the staff when booking and calling with questions prior to my stay. The hotel did not disappoint, it was in a great location, the evening staff was amazing, and the lounge was a perfect place to start and end the day. There is a bit of wear and tear in the rooms and we had some minor repairs needed, but very clean. However, as mentioned in a few other reviews, even confirmed reservations do not gurantee a room. We were scheduled to arrive Saturday, May 1st and I got a call April 27 telling us that we would have to be moved due to "water damage". As I had read previous postings here, I was somewhat skeptical and called to protest. I was told the entire 6th floor had to be moved due to water damage and carpets needing to be replaced. They were going to move us several blocks away to a Ramada inn. However, after much argument and realizing we were staying not just one day, but 5 (I had to book two different type rooms due to availability), the story changed and our room was guranteed. Interesting enough, the day we arrived, we were talking to a group of ladies on a tour who were all staying on the 6th floor. THey reported their rooms were just fine. Another guest later in the week was relocated for the weekend due to "electrical" damage. And a final inquiry on my last day there plaster damage was mentioned. So I am in agreement with an earlier review that this hotel does indeed overbook despite their assurances that there really were problems. I would recommend arriving during the middle of the week to help ensure not getting "bumped" on a busy weekend. I would love to stay again and would recommend the hotel, but would always be hesitant that I might be kicked out at the last minute. Might be in anyones best interest to have a back up plan. But if you can get in, it's a great place to stay. I truly wish I had not had the problems I did, as it tends to cast a bit of disappointment on the entire stayand prevents me form recommending it 100%.

Fantastic hotel

by TripAdvisor Member L3YTH

Although the rooms were quite small they were very clean and the lobby staff were among some of the most helpful and friendly we've ever met. The cheese and wine in the evening was a nice touch and the breakfast selection was excellent.
We would most defiantely use this hotel again.

Incredible

by TripAdvisor Member Jan83

Another incredible vacation! This place makes me want to do a commercial on it. Our 10 day April stay was our best yet! The staff is excellent, very caring, and Joe and staff are professionals. We love happy hour. This staff is dedicated to making sure your stay is not good, but perfect. We travel a lot and I've never felt more welcome, or been more pampered. I was even asked to call and let them know we made it home safely. Your website is the best, simple and right to the point.

We were made to feel so welcome

We have just returned from the Casablanca and all I can do is praise it from every direction.
The location is absolutely superb, literarily 15 steps away from Times Square.
The welcome on arrival was as if we were long lost friends and this kind of attitude was maintained throughout our stay.
The rooms although a little small (but in actual fact excellent for NY) were immaculate and I mean immaculate.
The complimentary food/drink both during the day and during the evening were of high quality and the choice was vast.
Would certainly recommend as it covers excellent standards at a very reasonable cost - we booked direct with them and saved a fortune.

Economically speaking...

My 3rd stay in NYC was at the Casablanca. I was booked for the Casablanca once before, but due to "low water pressure" was re-routed to a sister hotel, The Library Hotel (very, very nice, btw). Casablanca was very convenient to Times Square. Rooms were smaller and less ornate than at others I've stayed, although very clean. The 24-hr lounge area is probably the best feature. Some mix-up with our reservation caused our card to get charged twice, but this was remedied pretty quickly by friendly desk staff. Economically speaking, the Casablanca is a good deal only if you don't mind working through a few booking snafus.

Wonderfull

Stayed at the Casablanca from July 13-15 and it was wonderful. The staff was friendly and attentive. Loved the wine & cheese reception and most of all loved it's proximity to Times Square. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I will definately return on my next trip to the Big Apple.

Loved the Casablanca!!

by TripAdvisor Member NolaLA

We just returned from our stay at the Casablanca July 24-31. We had a double room (1 bed for us, 1 bed for our teenaged daughters) and found it quite clean and comfortable. We had a corner room on the 4th floor and it was unbelievably quiet. The location is extremely convenient to everything and just steps away from Times Square.

The big plus at the Casablanca is the staff. They truly can't do enough for you and go out of their way to be helpful and friendly. We also enjoyed Rick's Cafe - loved being able to enjoy breakfast without leaving our hotel, wine in the afternoon and a quick snack in the evenings.

This was our first trip to NY and we really wanted it to be special, especially for our daughters. The people at the Casablanca helped to make sure that this was truly a trip to remember!!!

Casablanca hotel?

by red55

Anyone know what this hotel is like? I've seem some good reviews on it. Thinking it's be an ok hotel, clean, safe, quiet for a week of study in NY!

by timessquare

www.casablancahotel.com

by red55

Have had a look at the website already thanks. was looking for info from anyone who has stayed there? Or know the general area?

by aveloy

Go to tripwatch.com and type in casablanca hotel new york you can read up on the people who have stayed there enjoy your trip

by cynalicea

This is a times square area hotel; is not always so safe and full of tourists but check out visitor reviews on www.tripadvisor.com.

Comments