55 West 44th Street, New York City, New York, 10036, United States
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

More about City Club Hotel

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member ham12ham

I was so impressed with the city club hotel, I plan on staying there everytime I return to NYC. The rooms are beautiful. The location is perfect and the staff is very accomadating. The new Ipod docking station/alarm clock was also a nice touch so I can listen to all my music through the high end speakers the hotel provides. I would highly reccomend the city club hotel to all NYC travelers

An amazing trip at The City Club.

Recently a friend and I stayed at the City Club Hotel on our first trip to the Big Apple. We had a wonderful time. The staff was very knowlegable about shows,shopping and restaraunts. They were more then happy to make recommendations and make us reservations. It's in a great midtown location so we were right in the mix of everything going on in New York City. We loved the entire decor of the hotel and it's trendy chic vibe. The room had Hermes bath products, down feather bedding and had more then adequate space for us two girls with a lot of luggage and not to mention the gorgeous bathroom (loved the bathtub) :)
The entire hotel staff went out of there way to make sure we always had what we needed and put in that extra effort to make our stay that much better. Loved the hotel, loved the staff and loved the whole trip. We will definetly be visiting NYC again soon and reserving a room at the City Club.

An amazing chic hotel.

by TripAdvisor Member G25th

Just returned from a 4 night stay at the City Club Hotel and I don't have a bad word to say about it .... in fact it was THE best hotel I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. The entire place is the ultimate in chic and trendy living from the gorgeous rooms to the discreat entrance & lobby and last but not least the very helpful and pleasent staff.
The location of the hotel is fab if you are looking for a central base in NYC. Times Square is only minutes away (if you like that sort of thing) but best of all, 5th Ave is even closer.
The hotel staff were great and recommended fab bars/clubs in the trendy Meatpacking District and Soho .... just the kind of place me and my boyfriend were looking for.
All the little extra's really make you feel like a star from the Hemes bath products, City Club umbrellas in your room to the daily weather forecasts and chocolates that are delivered to your room every evening. Not forgetting the cool TV behind the miror idea.
The rooms were even better than I imagined. We booked a king size delux room and we certainly weren't disappointed. Plenty room for 2 people with a large closet and gorgeous sitting area. All done in the chic and trendy feel of the hotel. Surprisingly a chic and trendy room also meant comfortable .... uncommon in most modern hotels. The bath rooms where just incredible and huge with plenty of lighting and mirrors.
Me and my boyfriend absolutly loved the City Club hotel and will certainly be returning on our next visit to NYC.
Choose this hotel and you won't be disappointed.

Ok-not great

by TripAdvisor Member balthus99

Location is good if you want midtown west but busy block & construction across street. King rooms facing front are decent size but there are no dressers and very tiny closets. Linens ok but bed uncomfortable. Good shower & toiletries but smallish bathroom, dark walls & floor so lighting not great for women & no tub. Hotel itself small & quiet. No lobby to speak of so no where to sit or have guests sit if they arewaiting for you. Front desk personnel so-so. Tried to charge us more money for 3rd night of stay than contracted for – luckily we had our confirmation from booking service.
Was initially put in room on floor 2 – asked for room on higher floor – was told there were none. Room on 2nd floor had about 2 inches of hanging closet space & it was front to back not side to side & bar was over mini-fridge so no room to hang anything long. Also no drawers or dresser in room.Told front desk this was ridiculous – that we were 2 people in NYC for 4 days & needed more space to unpack & put away our clothes. We were going to go to another hotel as this was completely unacceptable.
Miraculously a room on Floor 5 became available and it had a decent size closet with a built in dresser and some shelves which made it manageable.
Allowed early check-in/late check-out which was nice. Usually stay at The Benjamin but wanted to be more "West" this trip. Will go back to The Benjamin next visit.

okay but some problems

by TripAdvisor Member Roedel

We were not impressed with the hotel. Common areas needed to be refreshed. The entrance to the hotel and the hallways hold an unpleasant scent from the street where there is currently a good deal of construction which creates dirt, grime and odors.
I would imagine this hotel was quite nice when Mr. Klein opened it in 2001.
We wish we had visited when it was "new".
Our room on the second floor was tiny but clean. The decor is tailored and chic, however there is evidence of wear and tear which should be addressed. We would not go back.

Great Stay

by TripAdvisor Member Mamie66

Had a great experience here. We came in on the red-eye and couldn't check in right away but they stored our bags for us and when we came back at 11:00am, they had a king room for us (upgraded from queen room). It had a lovely full bath and the room was just right. The bed was completely comfortable with great pillows and the room was very nice and clean. Even had turn down service both nights. Would highly recommend this hotel!

Petite, well-designed room

by TripAdvisor Member Elyn

I reserved a "Petite one full-bed room" and so was prepared for a "petite" room with a brick wall view, which is what I got. There truly was just room for a double bed and one bed-side table. (Deep, built-in shelves gave you some storage space and also housed TV and CD player.) That being said, I loved the crisp modern design, and perversely, enjoyed the cosiness of the small but well-designed space. With the tans and beiges, as well as dark cork floors and dark brown marble in the bathroom, I felt like I was staying in a little chocolate box. The Italian sheets were THE most comfortable I have ever encountered in a hotel. The bathroom, too, was small, but had a nice marble shower (my partner admired a large fossilized shell) and Hermes toiletries. I think the lack of natural light would be a negative on a long stay, but for one night it was negligible. I did get a laugh out of seeing the New York Post outside my door in the morning. The lobby staff was friendly and unpretentious. I would have completely balked at the price last year, but that's what the prices are in NY right now. The block is nice and the location is very convenient to subways and most parts of the city.

Early check in - late check out

by TripAdvisor Member boutiquestarved

Fantastic,
Loved this hotel. More inclined to stay in Greenwich, Soho etc when in New York but needed to be midtown for a night last week.
They were extremely helpful - allowing me to check in very early and allowing late checkout next day.
Hotel was gorgeous, room spacious (we were upgraded from queen to king size). Beautiful large bath room with window. Very large, comfortable bed.
Booked on lastminute for a reasonable enough price by New york standards.
Front of house were extremely professional and helpful

A Real Dump

by TripAdvisor Member rome1

This hotel bills itself as a timelessly elegant boutique hotel. In reality, it is a poorly-cared for badly maintained property.

NEGATIVES:

- The hotel has a very "cheap" feel to it.
- Ridiculously small rooms, even by New York standards.
- Dirty, stained carpeting.
- Lumpy bed which felt 20 years old.
- "Cork" walls and flooring, which are actually rubber stick-on "tiles" -- same as you buy at hime depot for $1.99. I saw these tiles peeling off in my room and elsewhere in the hotel.
- View from room was basically an alley/brick wall.
- No central a/c. Lousey, noisey window unit hanging out over dirty alley.
- Halls dark and unfinished areas covered by black hanging cloth...Tries to evoke a tendy look, but actually looks more like what you would see in a high school gym for a Halloween carnival.
- Price- $450+ per night. Just outrageous for this crappy little hotel, with small dank rooms.
- Had to stand on bed to get into "closet".

POSITIVES: (Not many)
- Decent bathroom with good Hermes toiletries.
- Location
- Free internet access.
- Good on-site restaurant.

Great find

by TripAdvisor Member worldtravlertoo

I stayed with my girlfriend Dec 15-18 in this excellent little hotel. I stumbled onto this hotel while reviewing my options with better hotels or so I thought. Apparently every hotel in New York has raised its nightly prices and I wasn't about to pay 500 plus a night at The Drake where I normally stay for in the 200 reigion. We go out often when we stay here and I wanted to stay closer to the meat packing district (MPD). I don't mind paying top dollar for a good hotel but in New York if you haven't been to the hotel your staying in odds are high pricing doesn't equal high quality. This hotel just happened to appear on my search for hotels in the West Village/MPD and I'm glad it did. It's located in the thearter district between Time square and Fifth Ave., but you don't get heavy pedestrian traffic from either. The prior reivews were on the money. The hotel is clean, staff friendly and rooms were comfortable. Luxe Queen was great for 295/night. Only inconvinience was the closet space but we worked around that. The restaurant down stairs DB is excellent for the pallet. I'll would stay here again but since we always eat and handout at the village/Tribeca/MPD area, I am more inclined to stay at a closer hotel like the Maritime. Over all good times, good times.

Central Park from the Top of the RockCentral Park from the Top of the Rock

where to?where to?

the airportthe airport

Ground Zero under constructionGround Zero under construction

NY in Winter??

by Travelholic123

Hi we are visiting NY for a few days over Christmas.

Can anyone tell me if it is snowing at Christmas in NY or is that later in the winter? If it is snowing, how much snow can we expect to see?

Thanks for your help!!

by Travelholic123

Thank you for your reply. Are you able to tell me how much snow to expect?

by goodfish

An inch, 2 inches, 2 feet.....

It's impossible to predict. Depends on weather patterns at the time. Just go prepared for snow and cold and you'll be fine.

by ter1413

My crystal ball is telling me that you can expect snow this Xmas!
But seriously, noone will be able to tell you if it will snow in NYC for Xmas. The correct answer: it may or it may not. How much depends on if it snows.

by dino335

And now for a serious answer:

In reality it rarely snows in NYC around Christmas. I can recall one or two "White Christmases" in the last 50 years. Based on weather data for the last 20 years, the probability of of snow on Christmas in NYC is 10%, according to Wikipedia.

by 10028

Thanks Dino!

Our snowy season is usually January/February. White Christmases are rare. If you're lucky enough to see snow, get out to the park quickly to enjoy it before it disappears or turns to gray mush.

by Dymphna1

Just remember that when you come from a warm climate to a cold one like that, the wind can take your breath away quickly. Even if there is no snow, it may be cold.

by Travelholic123

Thank you everyone for your advice!

It will be summer for us, before we travel to the US, so it will be big difference in weather!

Thank you for the responses regarding the probability of snow. You always see in the movies a white Christmas in New York, which is why I wanted to know generally if it does snow. I will cross my fingers for the 10% chance of snow!

Thank you again for your time and responses! :)

by gilescorey

Snow is not so common in NYC, because it's on the water...storm tracks have tropical air behind them that usually leaks in enough to bring heavy rain, immediately followed by bitter cold. It's a crap deal! Prepare more for rain and wind, than snow.

Comments