Club Quarters Downtown

Club Quarters Wall Street
Booking.com Orbitz.com Expedia.com

• lcat61's Profile Photo

Club Quarters Wall St

Bacically a crash pad, but since it is at least $100/night less than anything you would find in midtown it is an excellent deal.
    Close to 2 subway stops. 4,5,6 subway station is the safest walk you will ever take in NYC since you are walking behind NYSE. It is a fenced off site and loaded with police and federal agents.
    Staff was excellent and very helpful. Other lodgers were helpful too. Met several Europeans.
    Restaurant was closed for renovations. Since I never eat in a hotel, I don't care.
    No pool. Since I don't go to NYC to swim I don't care.
    Small room. Since I'm never in the room except to sleep I don't care.
    Hard for the taxi to find. Print Mapquest directions ahead of time.
    Has a nice happy hour every day at 4 pm (free).
    I'll be staying here from now on.

Unique Quality: Non-Members can book on weekends.

Directions: Wall St/NYSE

• Bunsch's Profile Photo

Convenience in the Financial District

Club Quarters -- a fairly pleasant low-budget place, well-situated if you have business on Wall Street or the immediate environs (though if you're a player, you can certainly afford a bit more luxury), slim on amenities other than free bottled water and internet access. I have to applaud the fact that the beds are quite comfortable, with good-quality sheets and duvets, a giant step up for something that would otherwise impress me as the Lexus version of a Days Inn. The fitness center had ellipticals, a treadmill, stationary bikes, free weights, and a multi-purpose resistance machine, but I never found the towel supply (eeks!). In a nod towards the environment, you don't get clean towels or sheets daily unless you request them. It's not that I'm encouraging global warming, but one of the things I like about hotel visits is that crisp, clean, untouched linen and bedding. My room needed real ventilation, but when I cracked the window open, the heater compensated with an endless whistle that could only be counteracted by turning off the heat entirely -- and there were no extra blankets. I liked being steps away from NYSE and Trinity Wall Street, where I worshipped on Sunday, but finding a cab on the weekend was a challenge.

Unique Quality: Location, location, location. But other than the Seaport, there isn't much going on for a non-business visitor.

Directions: Between Pine and Wall. Easily reached on the 4,5 subway (Wall Street stop) or the A,C,E (Fulton Street)

• Crowe's Profile Photo

Good Value New York Hotel

you shouldnt pay $400 for this hotel. Im from the Uk and I paid less than $200.

Considering it location, price, facilities it is an excellent hotel. For me it was a crash pad fairly central.

Im my view if you came to see all the sites in New York your going to likely take the subway anyway. So taking the subway to the centre is not that much.

Close to Wall St the hotel is definately not luxury but its a good clean hotel and our room had good facilities. We found the front staff very helpful and stored our luggage safely due to a late flight.

Would endorse

• Reasonably-priced and good location

The hotel is geared toward the business traveler. In place of a convenience shop in the lobby, you can find a vending machine with basic wellness and grooming items. (There's also a Duane Reade across the street.) You also get extra towels, blankets, etc. from a closet on each floor. The hotel offers free wireless hi-speed internet, or you can buy internet through the TV, using the keyboard provided. Small, but adequete gym on one floor. Also free computer use, fully equipped with printers, on the lobby level. While it's not a luxury hotel by any means, it's a decent place to stay and my previous two trips to NYC before moving here for school were well supported by my stay at this hotel.

Unique Quality: The view is nothing to write home about. All you see is business persons in the windows of the Wall Street office building across the street.

Directions: One block from Wall Street, two blocks from Broadway, one block from Wall Street subway station

• trvlhke's Profile Photo

Well Kept Secret!!!

We got a hotel in the city to facililtate getting to different places easier instead of staying wiht family. Because the price was low I had my doubts, but was VERY pleasently surprised with my stay.

The hotel is located in the Wall Street area downtown and is very nice. The staff was extremely professional and the rooms were small but immaculate. While it is out of the way, there is a subway station on the corner next to the hotel. VERY convenient! Just be careful b/c there are 2 Wall Street stations catering to different lines.

Unique Quality: There is a restaurant in the lobby that is mostly open during the week. I did not eat there but the menu looked appetizing. There are several options for room service and hotel will order food from different delivery services for you.

Free wireless internet access in every room as well as access in the lobby WITH a printer (very handy for printing boarding passes for early airline checkin).

Friendly staff, luggage check-in so you can roam around after checkout. Late checkout available (US$25 extra). Marble lobby... fitness center... bar area... staff will call car services, etc for you.

Small rooms, but if you're in NYC for the hotel then you probably need to plan another trip anyway.

Price varied according to the night. I booked through hotels.com, but your organization can become a 'Club Quarters Member' organization and get discounted rooms in different cities. There are other locations in Midtown Manhattan as well but might be more $$.

Directions: 2,3 Subway line to the Wall Street Station. Hotel is on Williams between Wall Street and Pine Street. There is a little bit of construction on Pine street right now.

More about Club Quarters Downtown

A great place to stay on a budget!

by TripAdvisor Member TravelerSanMateo

Stayed at Club Quarters in Feb. 2005. It's right next to Wall St and a very safe area. It's very close to several subway locations. The place is neat and clean, looks pretty new (hallway carpeting and room decor). You can't beat the price for NYC. I would definitely stay there again!

Excellent location, value and service.

After staying for a few days at Fort Lee, it was soothing to be at the Club Quarters! On top of the service, location and value! The facilities are just as good as any five stars costing 2 times more within walking distance.

Do not expect big spaces!! After all you are in New York! But the limited space is equipped with top of the line EVERYTHING!!

It had become my preferred choice for staying in New York City, as you are right in the center of action without suffering the commotion!

Spartan but well-located

by TripAdvisor Member haskalah

Club Quarters is located in the Financial District, very close to Wall Street, NYSE, Trinity Church, WTC. There's a subway entrance around the corner from the hotel, as well as a yummy place to get a quick bagel (B&Company) next to Starbucks (across the street from the Trump building and the subway entrance). Club Quarters downtown (or as I heard another guest refer to it, "Close Quarters") has small rooms, especially for two people- but since we didn't spend much time in the room, it wasn't an issue.
Free wireless internet access in the rooms (bring your own wireless-equipped computer- they also can loan you or sell you a wireless card at the front desk if necessary). The bathroom is pretty small, with only a shower (no tub), and there's no iron in the room. Each floor has a "Guest Request" closet with one iron, ironing board, and extra coffee for the room coffee pots (which are set up in the bathroom). Checkout is at noon, and if you want to have the hotel hold your bags, they charge $1/per bag for the entire day. Regular luggage is kept on the second floor (conference level) and laptops are kept behind the front desk; the porter on duty issues you a claim tag for when you return to pick up your baggage. Since he doesn't sit there all of the time, allow 10-15 minutes to retrieve your stuff, especially if the front desk needs to page him. There's only one ice machine (on the 3rd floor), and the junk food vending machine was out of order when I was there (week of May 3-8th). Club Quarters is OK for stays where you don't need amenities, and it was a decent starting place for exploring downtown.

Best rate for Easter weekend!

by TripAdvisor Member royski69

We decided last-minute (week before) to spend Easter weekend in NYC. So we got the Club Quarters for $125/night on Priceline. About $150/night with taxes. We felt that it was a good rate, considering the other rates we were seeing for other comparable hotels on Expedia, etc were $200 and $300 per night!

Club Quarters started out as a "members only" hotel, but now they take reservations from anybody. We asked about the "club membership", and they said that only businesses can "join", and their members get rooms for as low as $69/night. Hmmmmm...

The hotel is in a historic-looking 20-story building. It must've been an old office building back in the day. But the floors are small, and thus the rooms are small. But we read about them on this and other boards, so we were not surprised. Our room had a queen bed, table with the 27 in TV, and an armoire that held lots of clothes. The bathroom was VERY small, with a shower-stall (after "sharing" our 1st shower together, we opted to shower separately the rest of the weekend!), sink and toilet. But it worked, and we had no issues with hot water like other folks here. We had a large window facing north, with views of some of the other high-rise buildings in the area. There was also a dorm-sized refrigerator in the room--great for your water and sodas!

THE LOCATION IS AWESOME! There is a subway station (2&3 line) right underneath the hotel. With the $7 all-day transit pass, it made for getting around Manhatten VERY EASY and convenient. We left our car in the garage 2 blocks away, and with the hotel validation, it was $25/day. That's what we would pay at our "other" cheap garage that we know about elsewhere in Manhatten......

You can check in and out via the front desk folks, or use the automated ATM-looking machines spread out among the lobby. They also have a "living room" behind the lobby with a big TV, lots of chairs and couches, and 2 PC's with free internet connections for quests. We used them one day to check on a restaurant location, which was very handy for us!

There is a restaurant on-site, but it's closed on the weekends. There is a Duane Reed store right across the street, that was open when we needed it--they are like a mini-convenience store. Soda, snacks, newspaper, etc. Starbucks was 1/2 block away on Wall Street, which was great for coffee each morning--we opted not to use the in-room coffee maker for convenience. (?)

SUMMARY - The room was small, but we didn't mind as we weren't there much except to shower and sleep. The over-all look of the hotel was new and clean. Staff seemed pleasant, although we did not require much interaction with them. We conveniently checked our bags with the hotel on Sunday after checking out ($1/bag), until it was time for us to drive home.

We would stay here again, but we are not "Brand loyal" to any hotel, just as long as we get a good rate and it's clean!

Boring Budget Beds

by TripAdvisor Member gungo

Well, I just checked-in and I'm surprised that corporations would use this hotel for anything but junior staff.... Its like a corp dorm... no HBO or anything but basic channels, a full sized bed, a desk with a chair that is so low I can't really type... carpet is like sandpaper - so bring slippers or keep your socks on.... room is clean and furnishings are dull and minimal... there was plenty of hot water this evening... and the bath is OK in my room.
I'm here for one night - so its OK.. but for anyone staying longer, consider somewhere else... especially on weekends... there is nothing at all open unless you walk to Broadway for McDonalds.
I got my room for less than $100 on priceline... by selecting downtown as a last resort.... but won't do that again... whatever you save on the room you'll spend on transportation to get somewhere... although you could walk to south street seaport or even chinatown... during the week there is lots open...
Subway access is good...
Earlier this week I stayed at the new hotel QT on 45th street - and they know how to do a budget hotel with some class....
Club Quarters had me expecting something special since you have to be a 'member' to stay here if you're not booking through one of the online booking sites - but I found a Motel-6 in the middle of the financial district....
Unless NYC is very busy, you can probably find better for the same money... Overall, not terrible, but nothing more than adequate...

NY Hotels

by burnmark

My wife and I will be in NY in a couple of weeks. I was looking for anyone's opinion on the following hotels:

The Muse
Club Quarters Midtown
The Royalton
Millenium Broadway

Which of these would have the quietest rooms?

Thanks..............

RE: NY Hotels

by paulinuk2u

go to tripadvisor.com

RE: RE: NY Hotels

by devil66

Noise level in NYC is all about the floor - which hotel offers the highest floor?

Comments