2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

18 West 25th Street, at 5th Avenue, New York City, New York, 10010, United States

Booking.com Orbitz.com Comfort Inn

Rated 13% higher but also costs 24% more than other 2.5 star hotels

• luciaguimaraes's Profile Photo

A good place to stay

I recommend this hotel because it has a great location. We stayed in a family room with good size and very clean. The subway is close but for those who like to walk everythinhg is quite easy. It´s near Broadway and 5ª avenida. The breakfast could be better.

Unique Quality: From our bedroom we good see the Empire State Building, a great view.

Directions: Chealsea

• Sar77's Profile Photo

nice view, good area, but a bit run down...

It was the cheapest place we could find so we were not expecting much. Its run down but who cares. You are only sleeping there!

Unique Quality: it has a nice view of a church right across the street. There is a deal for parking--18$ for 24 hours and it is in an excellent central location.

Directions: In the chelsea district.

• Custodyspice's Profile Photo

Good Clean Budget Hotel

Good budget accommodation. We paid £48.00 a night for a double room via hotel.com. Clean, daily maid service, excellent location, in between the flat iron building and empire state building. No tea-making facilities, so bring a travel kettle and some typhoo if you drink tea like I do. 9 floors, 2 lifts. Also has a gift shop and a good chinese downstairs. They can also arrange travel back to the airport if you dont want to go by subway/yellow cab. No bugs, smelly sheets. Just off broadway.

Unique Quality: View of the Empire State Building from Hotel steps.

Directions: Just off Broadway, opposite park with Met Life Building, and Flat Iron building around the corner.

• Arlington Hotel - Very Grungy and Dingey Hotel!

Last Stay: July 2002

Hopefully this hotel has improved in the last 1 year, but this is written as a result of my stay in July 2002:
    This is basically a glorfied "motel". When I stayed here last July (2002), I was charged $150.00 (that is WITH my student discount). Little did I know - for the same price or even a few dollars more, we could have stayed at a much better and CLEANER hotel. At the time they were remodeling, but that does not excuse the unclean conditions. I was afraid to take off my shoes and walk on the carpet, the bathroom was terrifying and there were no toiletries or toilet paper in the room. There was also no phone to call down to the front desk. I had to go down to the front desk only to be told that they did not provide shampoo. I was also only given on small towel. Did I forget to mention, that we had a beautiful view overlooking abandoned cars in an allyway through windows with bars on them. If you ever wondered what prison feels like - stay here.

It is located in an ok area (A Flatiron district) - walking distance to the Flat Iron Building, Madison Square Park and to the very over-rated, very expensive, very greasy "Broadway Diner".

Bottom line: Look around on the internet - there are better deals for hotels in New York City for the same price. Do not stay here unless every other decent hotel is sold out. I'd only stay here again if it were an emergency.

Unique Quality: Be warned - the lobby is misleading. The clerks at the front desk are behind bullet proof glass similar to bank clerks! Not very reassuring.

Also: When making the reservation, I was told breakfast was included. It wasn't. They told us to go down the street to the Broadway Diner, where a simple bagel and coffee cost $7.00, and a very greasy egg sandwich cost $8.50! If you stay here - be prepared to be on your own for breakfast. Their idea of breakfast was a soda vending machine in the lobby.

Directions: Between Fifth and Sixth Avenues
    N, R at 23rd St.

More about Comfort Inn Chelsea

basic

I stayed at this hotel on the basis of the positive reviews on this site. I was rather disappointed--the rooms are certainly clean, if a bit worn and stained, my main beef is about the bed linen and towels which were so old that they were getting very thin in places. The room I had was also very dark even in the middle of the day.

clean and affordable

if your looking for a luxurious hotel in nyc then dont go to the arlington but when visiting new york who wants to stay in their hotel room ? if you are looking for clean but affordable this hotel is for you. The room was clean with a safe and t.v the bathroom was spotless daily room service was good aswell . good location too just a short walk to times square but just as easy to head downtown aswell. I travelled to nyc in august and most hotel prices were very expensive but the arlington was very reasonable .

Good times at the Arlington Hotel

We stayed at the Arlington Hotel on 25th St. Let me tell you we were pleasantly surprised. We arrived and expected some crummy little room, since we could not afford something more luxurious, but we got a big room with all the necessary comforts. We were on a budget while in New York, and the Arlington was perfect. Great location, very comfortable, quiet, great price and most importantly very clean. We had a great stay there and will definately go back. My stay there definately makes me want to go back real soon, we had some good times at the Arlington in fabulous New York City.

budget your expectations for a budget price

by TripAdvisor Member richcaw

I stayd at the Arlington hotel last week of July. I booked based on recommendations seen onthis site an the price $115.

both the lobby and rooms were rather worn and basic but for the money in NYC cant expect much else. The two lifts are old and very slow. I had a double room on 10th floor and would echo the comments made about the back roms not getting much light but being quiet. Hot water was plentiful and air conditioning worked though was rather noisy.

Hotel is only a few blocks walk from the nearest subway station so handy for getting out towards the sights and nightlife.

Overall hotel matched expectations - and provided you go in with eyes open I would recommend the Arlington for those who want to keep their money to spend in the shops or bars etc

Our visit was great! Loved the staff!! Very clean!!

I am used to staying at the wyndam hotel every where else i go, so i was a little afraid of what we would be getting. It is a budget hotel, but the staff was so helpful when we needed directions. They would map it out and even gave us maps. They stored our luggage when we first got there because it was before check in. The rooms were very clean, in fact we got upgraded from a double room to a triple room! We had no problems whatsoever. It is also in a great location to go see things and close to the subway!! I highly reccomend this hotel if you are looking for a hotel with a good price!!

Very convenient. Basic but clean and great for the price.

We stayed in the Arlington for a week at the beginning of October and we had an excellent time.

The hotel is just off Broadway in midtown - really convenient for seeing all the sights in that area. Alternatively, if you want to travel downtown or uptown, you are less than 5 minutes walk away from 3 different subway lines, which makes it really easy to get around.

The inside of the hotel is a bit shabby - they could definitely do some work updating and improving the reception area - but the staff are very friendly and helpful.

Our room was quite dark but there was good lighting in the bathroom (very important for us girls when we're getting ready to go out!) It was amazingly quiet at night and the bed was comfortable. It was also a good size with ample storage space, including a safe and a fridge, which was very useful.

We were out for most of the time during the day and when we came back it was great to find the room cleaned and fresh towels put out (albeit sometimes a little bit worn).

If you are planning a busy holiday in New York and you aren't planning to spend too much time in the hotel then I would definitely recommend the Arlington. Everything you need is provided, it's very central and it's cheap!

Comments