136 Ludlow Street, New York City, New York, 10018, United States

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 22% higher than other 2 star hotels

• Mayzhou100's Profile Photo

Comfort Inn No Comfort

Generally speaking, I don't like the Comfort Inn Lower East Side. The facility is not well maintained. The beds are too small.

In order to better explore Manhattan during the weekend of July 13th & 14th, I chose to stay in the Comfort Inn Lower East Side with my family. We checked in around 3 pm and was told the elevator was not working since the day before. We needed to use the stairs. I asked if I can get a room on lower level for my 71-year-old mom and they said the room they can provide at that moment is on the 4th floor. Having no choice, we climbed stairs to get to the room--a double room with double beds. the beds are very small, no matter width or length. It is not a full size, just a bit larger than a twin bed. Also the aisle is very narrow too. When we checked out next morning, the elevator was still under repair.

Unique Quality: The good thing about the hotel is the bathroom pretty big and sheets are clean. Breakfast, WiFi and flat TV are provided.

More about New York City

Familiar view to movie watchersFamiliar view to movie watchers

view from the topview from the top

to a stationto a station

PORCUPINE TREE live at Radio City Music HallPORCUPINE TREE live at Radio City Music Hall

Driving from JFK to Verrazano Narrows Bridge

by cathy9510usa

Hi,

Some years ago I had to travel on this route several times and it was a very scary drive. Have things improved? What I mostly remember is very aggressive, fast driving, very built-up areas in some sections, and pot-holed, broken paving.

What's the drive like now?

Thanks very much.

Cathy

by garybradley

it can be hectic,if your not used to driving in that area. roads are o.k. but the road condition changes all the time due to so much traffic. you should do just fine

by timessquare

Improved?

by nicolaitan

the more things change the more they stay the same. the belt parkway is an unending nightmare. by the time one section is " improved ", the previous area improved is just as bad as it was before the repaving. do not make the mistake of trying to get off and hope you can get around it. I commuted this road for 14 years - grin and bear it.

by timessquare

By the way, if you don't have EZPass, it can be quite a long wait to pay the toll. Thank goodness for my EZPass; worth every $1/month fee.

Travel Tips for New York City

Skyscrapers

by IceBear7

I just loved walking around (ok, due to the strike I did not really have a choice...) and just look at all the famous and not so famous buildings. You see the blue sky from far away, some crossroads send you some sunshine, somehow you feel like you're in a movie. And to see the skyline of skyscrapers from far away, either from your plane, from the ferry at Battery Park or from the top of the Empire State Building... NYC would not be the same without the Skyscrapers!

Seeing Manhatten

by tanzmaus

You can buy a ticket for the buses in New York which are valid for 2 days. You can take a lower or upper Manhatten tour and jump on and off the bus as many times as you like !

Ticket price also included a trip up the Empire State Building, the ferry across to The Statue of Liberty and also a trip up the then World Trade towers My fondest memory was falling in love with the place. When I first arrived I just thought it was London but MUCH taller.

After a few days though I just was in awe of NY !

One thing you must do is buy a coffee from the street vendor with a donut around 9am and stop .. drink the coffee and eat your donut and watch how many people stare at you becuase you are not in a hurry hehe !

Go to a Yankees game. Da Bronx...

by Lupercal

Go to a Yankees game. Da Bronx RAWKS!!! Hmmm, since I've lived here my whole life there are so many. But the absolute best was marrying my wonderful husband aboard the Mariner III on the Hudson river in front of the Statue of Liberty. Even though there was a rainstorm it was the most perfect moment of my life. Sadly the recent tragic event is also something I will always remember however the bravery and heroism I witnessed is something I will never ever forget. It made me proud of my city in a way I never expected.

Films

by PALLINA

Quoted already several times, it remains one of my favourite film and surely a very nice introduction for NYC (nice spots in Central Park, Rockfeller Center, Metropolitan Museum...). Unmissable for foverever romantic woman.

The village

by isolina_it

``The Village`` (as newyorkers call it) is one of the most popular sites in the city, a world symbol of what is exotic and bohemien. Its fame goes back to the first years of the 20th century, when artists and writers came to live here, and later followed by jazz musicians playing in the popular and still now active clubs. This was the area where Jimi Hendrix used to live and where Rolling Stones recorded their music. So, still today, Greenwhich village is a lively neighbourhood, with plenty of historical places, cafes, shops, bars.

Comments