Comfort Inn Times Square

Booking.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• jm34bee's Profile Photo

Comfort Inn

This was a nice inexpensive place to stay in an excellent location. The hotel was a block off of Broadway on 46th and two blocks from a Subway stop.

Unique Quality: If you come in a car they have discounted parking across the street for $23/night, opposed to the normal price of $36/night.

Directions: Midtown... One block off of Broadway

• 850prc's Profile Photo

Economical (relatively) comfort in Midtown NYC

We didn't actually stay at this hotel. We stayed across the street at the Muse. (see other tips) But in the interest of service to VTers worldwide, I decided to check out this Comfort Inn to see if it were a lower-priced alternative for those seeking lodging in the theater district of NYC.

Unique Quality: Again, we didn't stay here. But, I visited the hotel and asked to see a room. The staff was very friendly and accomodating, and seemed very happy to have me considering their property for any future trips to the city.

The rooms were of average NYC size, and were clean and comfortable. Staying at the Comfort Inn Midtown wouldn't be the sort of thing you told your grandchildren about someday, but if your goal is to "do Broadway" without dropping $400+ per night for a room, this is a darned good choice.

I would stay here, and I am actually kind of picky about hotels. I recommend the Comfort Inn Midtown without any hesitation.

More about Comfort Inn Times Square

WOW what value!

Great experience in NYC, 11- 16 March at the Comfort Inn MIDTOWN. It's literally 1minute from Times Square - Yay. Was expecting a tiny room after reading the reviews but our room (801) was great! Queen bed & heaps of room for all our shopping bags. BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY... IT WAS WONDERFULLY CLEAN. As members of the NZ AA we receive receiprocal rights to AAA rates in the USA, so our rate at the Comfort Inn was $107:00!!! This included a really good continental breakfast - can not imagine anyone complaining about the quality or quantity of food. The staff were friendly (In fact did not get to meet any of the famed "Rude New Yorkers" we'd heard so much about). Loved New York ! Will be back, and will stay at the Comfort Inn MIDTOWN again.

Excellent value for money

by TripAdvisor Member forestgirl

We enjoyed our stay at the Comfort Inn Midtown. The room was a good size & was clean with comfy beds, the bathroom was spacious & absolutely spotless. Staff were friendly & helpful - we requested a replacement light bulb for the bedside lamp which was dealt with promptly (which has not always been my experience when staying in other more expensive hotels). Would stay here again as the room rates are excellent for what you get & the hotel is in a great location on a quiet street but minutes away from Times Square.

Great location at a great price

Last week I visited Manhattan and spent the night at the Comfort Inn Midtown. Before making the reservation, I looked on the tripadvisor website and noticed that it had received some great reviews. I wasn't disappointed. Located within minutes of Times Square and right in the middle of the theater district, we found it to be quite a find.
Surprisingly, it is on a quiet block. The staff is friendly, a complimentary continental breakfast is included and the rooms (though small) are adequate and very clean. It is also a smoke free establishment. Once again, tripadvisor helped me make a terrific choice at a bargain price!

Great Hotel, Great Price, Fantastic Location

We stayed here the weekend before christmas and had a great stay. Its very convienient for strolling round times square. you can easily walk to Fifth Avenue, Saks etc, Central Park, Rockafella centre and even Macy's. The rooms and batrooms were well presented, with simple, but nice decoration and spotlessly clean. The beds were comfortable. The room were a good size, even by New York standards, but you dont go to New York to sit in your room! Within our party we had 3 rooms, all in different parts, all different and all came up above expectation. All the rooms were quiet, and i certainly didnt hear anyone in the next room. I dont think I have ever stayed in a hotel, where you cant here some noise from the corridor and even that was very minimal and didnt disturb us. Didnt really notice the elevator was slow. Would definately go back. only paid $116.00, which for the standard and the location was amazing.

WE STAY HERE ON EVERY TRIP INTO NYC

We stay at this hotel whenever we go into the city for an overnight stay. Don't let the furniture in the lobby provide your first impression. You'd think they'd replace it. The rooms vary in size, but are always adequate. The bathrooms are kept spotless as well as the rooms. Beds are a bit hard, but adequate. The staff is always friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast saves having to find a place to eat early in the AM. Great hotel, a great price and great location.

What a bargain!

We spent a week here in February and were very happy with the hotel.
The location is unbeatable, as others have noted, and was clean and comfortable at a very good price (especially for Manhattan). A number of bonuses - the free breakfast, free internet access and local calls and (much appreciated) the fact that the whole hotel is smoke-free! We would stay there again in that famous New York minute!

A good choice!

I would definitely recommend (and I already did it!) this hotel for a stay in NYC. I've been there in January 2004 following the Tripadvisor users' advices; I indeed found it relatively cheap, comfortable, clean, and the location is great.On the "grey" side I can possibly say that some peope of the staff seemed a bit cold sometimes. But perhaps it's the NY standard, and in any case we all can handle this!

location is everything

Stayed at the comfort inn march 3-8 2004 after reading good reviews on this site.We were not disappointed, rooms were comfy very clean,towels changed daily.Free breakfast all that you needed to send you on your way. then theres the location 30 yards to the centre of times square,perfect location in the midtown area. and you dont suffer from any noise at night like some of the hotels on the main strip do. Great place to stay in a brilliant happening city. we would stay here again when hopefully we return to New York.And all this at a budget price.

Midtown New YorkMidtown New York

comfort inn midtown

by joyjoy79

i am staying at the comfort inn midtown for 5 days in january. Does anyone have any positive or negative feedback on this place?

Re: comfort inn midtown

by jewels975

I see you posted this question quite a long time ago...but how was your experience? I'm thinking of staying there in July 08.

Comments