Cosmopolitan Hotel

95 West Broadway, At Chambers Street, New York City, New York, 10007, United States

Cosmopolitan Hotel - Tribeca
Hotels.com Booking.com Priceline.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• uss_yorktown's Profile Photo

Nice and not too expensive

I stayed 3 nights. I had a nice and clean standard room. Everything worked well. The AC and heating. I read that other travellers had problems but the room temperature was perfect for me. Not too cold or hot. The toilet did a good job and there was always instant hot water. Television also excellent quality. The only downside it had no mini fridge. Otherwise it would have been a perfect 10.

The location is good. Not too many crowds, just easy and quiet. Lots and lots of (cheap) eateries, a few bars, a food emporium and a 7-11 at walking distance.
    You can take bus 5 uptown or 20 back to the hotel if you're not in a hurry, else take the train.

Unique Quality: Very friendly and always helpful staff. A real nice team. Thanks for all your help.

Directions: Tribeca. Earlier I slept in Midtown and around Central Park but I prefer this area because it's where the normal people live.

• annase's Profile Photo

A quiet and very clean downtown hotel

Very clean interior. Not the most inspiring deco, but sufficient enough. Rooms were cleaned and towels changed every day, as expected. The hotel is rather quiet, except for some humming noise coming from the air-co units in the building next door. The staff are genuinely friendly and helpful and do not give you any funny attitude, which is almost a norm in many places Europe. In addition, literally all of them speak fluent Spanish.

Unique Quality: The location is very good. It's not in the hustle and bustle of the uptown, and still it's not that far from it because of the metro. The Chambers Street metro station (Red lines 1, 2 and 3) is literally two footsteps away from the front door of the hotel. Another metro station (Blue lines, A, C and E) is just one block away. In addition, a 7-day metro ticket cost less than $30 per person which is literally about £15 i.e. no money at all.

Ground Zero (and the rest of the Financial district, including Wall Street) is about 5minutes' walk away from the hotel, Soho about 10min and Greenwich village about 20 min. China town is not very far either.

They also organise an annual film festival in the area every Spring called Tribeca film festival.

There is no restaurant or cafe in the hotel itself yet (They are planning to open Cosmopolitan Cafe next door at some point but it wasn't open in April 2007), but there are plenty of places to eat nearby. Starbucks cafe is just downstairs, and so is a cafe called 'Soda Bar' which does decent enough breakfast. I happened to taste their blueberry muffins though and was very disappointed as it was hardly what I expected. Not like the blueberry muffins I'm used to in the UK: not sweet, but greasy and at the same time a bit dry, but I don't know it that was some kind of specialty. I didn't ask. The granola (sweet cruesli clusters) with fruit and yogurt, scrambled eggs and orange juice were very nice though.

Directions: TriBeCa area. A few blocks off Broadway.

• lesley1160's Profile Photo

Cosmopolitan Hotel - Great Value

Situated in Lower Manhattan, clean room, comfortable bed. Fresh towels every day. Great value. No restaurant in hotel but Starbucks coffee shop next door. Plenty of interesting cafes and restaurants nearby. Short walk to Franklin Street subway, this will give you plenty of options for sightseeing.

Directions: Tribeca District, within walking distance of China Town and Greenwich Village.

More about Cosmopolitan Hotel

Cosmopolitan Hotel

The Cosmopolitan Hotel is a great deal for budget minded travelers. They even have a room for 5 people-2 queen beds and a sofa bed-while small-it was super clean and quiet. Great location in Tribeca with the subway right outside the door. No restaurant but Starbucks downstairs and lots of inexpensive restaurants and delis around the corner plus upscale restaurants on West Broadway. Staff was friendly.

Highly recommend!

I just got back from my first trip to NYC yesterday. I did a web search to find a hotel that I could afford and, based on mostly positive reviews, reserved a room at the Cosmopolitan Hotel and crossed my fingers. I was not disappointed. I reserved a room with one double bed for myself and my 10 year old to share. Yes, the room is very small, but if you're going to NYC, you're better off spending most of your time out and about exploring the city, anyway. The room (and the hotel overall) was pristine. There are no rooms that are specifically non-smoking, but even my sensitive nose could not detect a trace of cigarette smoke in my room from previous guests. Our room had high ceilings, a ceiling fan in addition to the a/c unit in the window, excellent water pressure in the shower, and plenty of storage (drawers, a suitcase stand, and a place to hang clothes with a shelf above, but no enclosed closet in our room.) Wonderful friendly and very helpful staff.
Location is 5 blocks north of the WTC site and the Century 21 dept store, also in walking distance are Chinatown, Little Italy, the NYSE and Wall St, the Hudson River, and Battery Park City, where you catch the ferry for the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. Subway stop for trains 1, 2, 3, and 9 is right there at the hotel. My only suggestion for improvement would be to add small refrigerators to the rooms - just something big enough for a few bottles of drinks and some small snacks. But my search for an NYC hotel is over - I will return to the Cosmopolitan Hotel on all of my future NYC trips.

A great stay in a great city!

I stayed four nights in this great hotel between 20th & 24th May 2004. The hotel was excellent. All staff were friendly and helpful and the room was immaculate. Two of us shared the double roon. One bed. It was a little small nut all we really needed as a great base in the heart of downtown manhattan. Excellent for the finacial district and only a 25 minute walk up to Washigton Square... (in very humid weather so we walked slowly!).

The room decor was modern and clean. Bathroom was excellent and the cleaning service was second to none!

Huge TV in room, Iron and board available on request.

I would definatley stay here again. A bargain break in one of the best cities in the world!

Just booked it again

Stayed in the Cosmo last fall. Good clean small room in a vibrant neighborhood with good local restaurants. Convenient location. Such a good value with a nice vibe it was the first place I looked to book for our latest trip to NYC.

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member edith1911

This hotel is obviously no 5 star design hotel, but it has a great location and there aren't many affordable hotels in this area. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The ones with the entresol even charming. Recommended.

Ms Vee

by TripAdvisor Member jackieharpo

Arrival date 5th July (late in the night) departed 10th July.
The room was very small but clean. The bathroom door was less than a foot away from the bed. The bathroom was extremely small with no air conditioning or air vent! It was so hot everytime we used the barthroom we had to leave the door open to clear the condensation. There was no coffee machine but Starbucks down stairs! The last day we were there (total of 5 days) the air conditioning appeared to have broken down and as it was not as cool as it should have been, bearing in mind it was the hottest day they had in whilst we where in NY. No toilet in the lobby save you from going up to your room! We were not allowed to keep our room longer than 1pm even though we offered to pay the extra. Our flight wasn't until 21.00hrs.

The bathroom taps were the wrong way around - hot was cold and cld was hot. Pretty dangerous!

The hotel was not centrally located but the neighbourhood was safe, clean and trendy. I wouldn't stay there again and would not recommend it to anyone!

For New York....it was GREAT!

For New York, this is a great hotel! The room was actually not bad size-wise...considering again, you are in New York! The staff was good at giving information, clean rooms! For the money, if you are going up for a few days, I'd do this place again in a heart beat! I've done MUCH worse, believe me!

btw, if you want a little bigger room with 2 double beds, tell them you want the one that fits a rollaway bed..it's about $20 more per night, but it gives you a lot more space!

Not bad

Stayed here last June. Very small but clean room,
Didn't really like the TV choices that much.
The air conditioner did work. Noisy housekeepin staff.
But it wasnt all bad for the price and the subway was right down starirs, to go to midtown.

Questions regarding Cosmopolitan Hotel

by helayne

My 18 yr old daughter and I are coming to New York in February. We usually stay in midtown area but want to try something different this time. Is anyone familiar with the Cosmopolitan Hotel In Tribeca (W Broadway and Chambers)? Please tell me if it's in a safe area since we will be out at night, is there a local coffee shop or starbucks around, etc? How is the hotel itself? Thanks for the assistance.

RE: Questions regarding Cosmopolitan Hotel

by zuriga

You can read a lot about the Cosmopolitan at www.tripadvisor.com. It gets very good reviews and seems a good location as there is a subway stop right there. It's a bit far downtown, but that shouldn't be a problem. There are coffee shops, Starbucks etc. all over the place. My cousin works in that area, and it's fairly commercial but Manhattan isn't all that big and you can get wherever you want to with little trouble.

RE: Questions regarding Cosmopolitan Hotel

by Lou1006

Hi
Me and my sister stayed here March 05. There is a Starbucks underneath the hotel :) The subway stop is right outside so it's a great location for getting pretty much anywhere in Manhattan without difficultly. Walking distance to Financial District, Century 21, Ground Zero, Chinatown, Soho and tribeca. There's a pub/bar nearby called the Reade Street Pub (on Reade St) which we had a drink in and a bit to eat seemed nice :)

The hotel itself was clean but budget accommodation, slightly old furniture etc but the bed was fine and the room itself was one of the biggest I've stayed in in Manhattan (not huge tho by any means!)

If you don't mind sharing a bathroom I can highly recommend Chelsea Lodge (you get your own shower but have to share a toilet). I stayed here in Oct with my husband and we loved it (small rooms tho), great location in Chelsea. www.chelsealodge.com.

Another one to check out is second home on second avenue a friends daughter and boyfriend stayed here in June and loved it - I think they may even have a couple of rooms with their own bathrooms - apprently from the outside it looks run down but inside it's nice. It's near Union Sq www.secondhomesecondavenue.com.

In Jan I'm staying in Radiocity Apartments cause I got a great deal ($115 a night!) First time staying in Midtown but the deal was too hard to give up :)

Have a great time