Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan / Fifth Avenue

Orbitz.com Hotels.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• aqazi's Profile Photo

The right location

We arrived very late owing to a power failure at JFK. This meant our room was taken but they upgraded us to a room with two doubles so we had a bit more room. The rooms in the hotel are generally quite small but OK for tourists. The breakfast was your usual 10 spoons of sugar with plenty of coffee to wash it down with. At around $100 US it is keenly priced for this sort of location.

Directions: Very central, walking distance to the Empire State Building

• Radiomom's Profile Photo

Midtown South Convenience

Medium sized hotel, just off 5th Ave across from the NYC Public Library. Relatively quiet, but then we were there on a weekend. Terrific location for exploring the city. Easy place to catch cabs, or walk to Grand Central Station for the subway.

Half a block away is the sublime Bryant Park. A great place to read the Sunday NY Times!

Unique Quality: Marble baths, hairdryer in room, a shower-massage-head with enough waterpressure to make it worthwhile! Bath & Body shop shampoos and soaps. Bathrobe.

I used Priceline.com and got a double room for $121 (plus all the taxes, etc brings it to $142)

Directions: South of Times Square, between 5th and Madison Avenues.

More about Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan / Fifth Avenue

Good for the price!

by TripAdvisor Member prelude22

My boyfriend I stayed at the Clarion for two nights for our first visit to New York in July 2004. We found a special through travelzoo and only paid about $130 per night. Although the hotel is a block off 5th Avenue, it's great location. The lobby is clean and the desk attendent was pretty friendly (not professional though). The rooms were amazingly clean and the bathroom spotless. If you don't need room service 8:00 in the morning, put up the "do not disturb" sign because the maid will try to enter.

For the price that we paid, it was definitely worth it to stay a block off 5th street, close to all the sites. The rooms were bigger than average size of most NY hotel rooms that I looked up. Would stay again for that price.

Pretty clean, good location, professional staff

by TripAdvisor Member DM

The Hotel 5A was pretty clean, very convienent and had a professional staff. The bathrooms were fairly large (for Manhattan) and pretty modern (marble countertops). Apparantly they are renovating the entire hotel in early 2005 so it should be even nicer.

We did priceline and got it for $90. They will upgrade you to a queen for about $20 I think.

This hotel is a solid 3 star.

Wow!

This hotel was truely awesome! Located at E40th and Fifth Ave, near Bryant Park and the New York Public Library, this hotel is in the perfect place. If your a sightsee'er this would be the perfect place for you! Times Square is only a 5-10 minute walk away, as is Rockefeller Center, and the theatre district isn't any further as well! If you're into looking at all the famous buildings in NYC then all you have to do is leave the hotel, take a right on 40th and head to Fifth Ave and look left. Right there is the Empire State Building and if you look straight ahead again you're looking at the New York Public Library. If you don't want to head left on Fifth Ave to the Empire State Building then turn right and head down about 6-8 blocks and you will be at Rockefeller Center. Or keep on going on Fifth Ave and a few blocks later you will be at Central Park! At the Hotel 5A there are so many directions you can go from this hotel, if you are in NYC sightseeing. Now as far as the hotel itself goes, this hotel was beyond words! The staff was awesome and at no time was I ever disappointed with the service. When I placed the "maid service please" card on the door the room was cleaned from top to bottom! The bathroom floor and counter was marble and was very nice and the bathroom itself was large. The room I had was a double and I had plenty of room. In the room was: TV with cabinet/drawers, desk with chair, a straight back chair, a/c and heat, 2 end tables for the bed, lamps all throughout the room, nice carpet, and a safe. There is nothing at all I could say bad about my stay at Hotel 5A. The day I left I called down to the doorman to arrange for a vehicle to take me to the airport, they also will arrange any transportation you want from touring the City to whatever else. The car arrived early to get me to the airport and along the way we had to stop at the ATM, they don't take credit cards. No big deal though! The driver was very nice and polite and even showed me some of the areas outside of Manhattan that I otherwise wouldn't see.
In closing, if you're considering the Hotel 5A for your stay in NYC you won't regret it. I got very lucky with the rates I paid for my stay compared to the budget hotel I booked weeks earlier. I actually only paid $50.00 more for the 4 nights at Hotel 5A then I would have paid at the budget hotel I booked earlier. The desk clerk was shocked when I checked in, at the rate I received for my stay. For a 3-4 star hotel my rate was dirt cheap! Like I said, this hotel was totally awesome and I would recommend it to anyone looking for a hotel in NYC. There is also room service that is awesome, although a little expensive but well worth it! There are 2 elevators that run fairly quick and there was only 1 time I had to wait for an elevator to arrive at my floor. So, give this hotel a try.....I assure you you will not be disappointed!

It was right there! perfect for us!!!!

Its a perfect hotel for us NOT from USA!! I meen its right there in the middle of NY its close to every thing. The Hotel was good nice service and they helpt us with all our questions. Why not exellent we were 4 in our room and it felt a little small thats about it! But again we had 3 great nights there 3 cracy Swedish people and our best friend Marnie that we love so mutch!

Comments