Days Hotel Broadway

Days Inn Hotel New York City - Broadway
Hotels.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Satisfaction Poor

Similarly priced and rated as other 2 star hotels

• not half as bad as people make out!

I stayed here last Oct with my boyfriend and my parents. It was booked as a package so after we knew where we were staying i looked up some reviews on the net and was a little worried about what to expect.
    When we arrived though I was pleasantly surprised, we found the staff to be helpful, the hotel to clean and perfectly adequate. Me and my boyfriend are used to staying in hostels so it was particularly comfortable for us, but my parents are used to 4/5 star luxury and they were quite happy with the accomodation.
    The rooms were quite large, not exactly modern but comfortable and clean all the same. The bathroom looked recently refurbished and although quite small, it was fine for our needs. There's so much to do in NewYork that we literally only slept and showered at the hotel, we were out from 8:30 in the morning until 11 at night so I wouldn't really see the point in paying a huge amount for accomodation when your hardly there!
    All in all I would recommend this hotel as long as your not that concerned with modern luxury!

Unique Quality: One great thing about the hotel was that there was a subway just outside. There were regular direct trains to Time Square so the location meant that it was quick and easy to get to the centre.

• LizC's Profile Photo

Quality Hotel on Broadway

US$94/room through Expedia.com

Unique Quality: Best priced hotel room with private bath and close to bus and metro, ask for a two twin room, the one we had even come with a wet bar and quite spacious, but the 1st double room was so small it's hard to walk in and out of the room.

More about Days Hotel Broadway

Clean, confortable and perfect for exploring downtown and midtown Manhattan on a budget

For all those people on here who have given this hotel a one star, I am amazed. Yes, its not fantastic, and yes the rooms aren't huge, but in general, the hotel was very clean and had all the amenities you need when your exploring an incredible city like New York.

It is a fairly lengthy walk from Midtown Manhattan and the main sites, but has a subway station on its doorstep where all trains, even express trains stop! (A cheap and extremely quick option)

There are also a zillion cabs roaring up and down Broadway 24-7 for the budding explorers.

I'm surprised its only rated as a 2*. I came back from NYC 3 days ago (10.2.04) and can honestly say that the hotel is basic, but fine with all the necessary amenities you need. (It also has in-room safety deposit boxes for extra comfort!)

Don't delay - visit NYC today!

Good value in an OK area.

by TripAdvisor Member JecaSydney

There in December 2003 for six nights and paid about $75 a night. Hotel is passed it's glory days but room was clean, comfortable (great mattress) and quiet. Heating on first night was too hot but ok for rest of stay. Plenty of good cheap places to eat close by. Subway entrance across the road. Staff are indifferent except for Ron? the porter who is world class. Perfect for a budget stay in New York.

Not coming back

by TripAdvisor Member ljr88888

Stayed in November 2003 ... was about all I could find for less than $300 a night that weekend! This hotel is fairly convenient ... being so close to Broadway ... about an $8.00 quick cab ride to the main theatre locations. Room was small and elevators way too small and slow.
Fortunately we were only on the fourth floor so made use of the well-worn marble stairs. But when we slipped off our shoes for the evening, we realized the entire carpet was soaking wet! Called the front desk ... they said it was the last non-smoking room available. So we had to put on shoes for every trip from the bed to the bathroom. The same desk clerk was on duty when we checked out ... she took 10% off our bill for the inconvenience. Learned my lesson ... if I'm going to NYC, I need to make a reservation well ahead of time so I can find a decent hotel at a reasonable price.

lots of quality

not as bad as we expected, hotel is basic but clean and comfortable.
rooms are ok in size. good location and lots of good places to eat nearby. subway is close by as is central park. would definatly go back

A good deal

I think this is a very good deal, considering how expensive most NYC hotels are. The location is good for public transport: its right next to a subway station for access to the West side, and only two short blocks away from a cross-town bus that will get you near to "Museum mile" on the upper East side. The room was comfortable, and the facilities were reasonable.

No quality here

Having used this site prior to booking the hotel I wasn't expecting a huge amount - although neither was I expecting what I found.Personally, I won't be staying at the hotel again, on the day I was checking out, I discovered I hadn't been in the room alone, and noticed cockroaches on the floor. Other negative points for the hotel, small lifts, you can hear everything that's happening outside in the street (although I was only on the first floor), there were also cigarette burns in my bedding (odd for a non smoking room!?), the curtains and blinds were is desperate need of cleaning. Other than the cockroaches, all small things I know.If you are staying at the hotel - the subway (96th street) is located less than 60 seconds away, (1,2,3,9) and it's only two stops on the express train (2,3) to Times sq. When leaving the subway head for the exit '94th Street' (at the rare of the station if you're coming from Times Sq.). To get to the subway from the hotel, turn right then head left on broadway.Hope this helps and that you have a great time in New York regardless and I'm sure there are far worse, feel free to email.Room 230, ?260, 9-13th March(also stayed at Le Parker Meridien - 57th street, check review)

Good budget hotel in a great location

by TripAdvisor Member sarah05

I stayed here in November '03. It is an older hotel, so the decor/furniture/bathroom/elevators are not the greatest but we didn't have any major problems, and in NYC for less than $100/nt, it was to be expected. The best part of the hotel is the location-- only a few blocks from an express subway stop so you can be in Times Square/Theater District in two stops. There are a lot of places to eat nearby, and Central Park is only a few blocks away. I would definitely stay there again.

Good reasonably priced hotel

I have now stayed at this hotel 4 times. I find the staff to be v. kind and helpful. All of the city is easily accessible from this location, either by bus or subway. It is also much quieter compared to the apt bldgs in the area. On the days you check in/out, they will keep your luggage in a locked room, so you can still have those days to be luggage free.

Info abaut Hotel Days Inn Broadway

by Gojuryu

Hi,

I liked your help I will spend some days in NYC in October, the prices of the hotels are high, i found this hotel with an interesting price, after seeing some reviews I'm in doubt I read from best to worst anyone know if the hotel was renovated recently, if this is acceptable because some pictures I saw showed moisture, mold in rooms etc or is better to avoid it, now costs 7 night $ 1300 already with taxes. I only need a hotel to sleep take shower on a privete bahtroom and near to subway.

Thaks
Goju

Re: Info abaut Hotel Days Inn Broadway

by 10028

Your budget is extremely low for October in NYC. I just browsed the photos of the Days Hotel Broadway posted by other travelers on tripadvisor. Some of them seemed o.k., but many were truly horrible. Personally, I wouldn't choose to stay there, even on a strict budget. I would prefer the nearby Hotel Newton and its shared bathrooms. I mean, what's the point of having a private bathroom if it's disgustingly moldy? Another hotel to look at is the Milburn. They also have shared bathrooms. A friend recently stayed there and said it was very clean and she never saw anyone else in the bathroom.

You should also look at some of the new hotels in Long Island City, which is a neighborhood in Queens, just a couple of short subway stops from midtown Manhattan. Look through the reviews on tripadvisor.

Comments