Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel New York City

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

569 Lexington Avenue at East 51st Street, New York City, New York, 10022, United States

Doubletree Hotel Metropolitan - New York City
Hotels.com Expedia.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• My Stay at the Doubletree Metropolitian

I stayed at the Doubletree Metropolitian Hotel in NYC on 2/15/09. The price was right. (Sunday is the best day to stay in NYC if you are on a budget. Also the Hotel charged $30.00 for parking which is CHEAP for NYC ) I had a great stay, the room was clean,well furnished & confortable. I enjoyed watching the big screen(LG) HDTV. The midtown location was very convenient.The taxi's are right outside the front door & the number 6 subway is across the street. Hotel staff were very helpful. Doubletree Metropolitian, you got it goin on !!!

Unique Quality: The Doubletree staff gives out complementary chocolate chip cookies, which were delicious,warm & soft.

• jwilliams2005's Profile Photo

In the heart of Manhattan

My stay at the Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel was extremely nice. I was greeted by a welcoming committee of extremely personable hosts. My room was great and very clean. I would definately recommend this hotel.

Unique Quality: The cleanliness of the hotel and rooms were impressive. The dining facility was also very nice.

Directions: Manhattan

• robgeo's Profile Photo

Doubletree on Lexington

Although only there for 4 nights the hotel is very central and all the sights are within striking distance. The hotel is very popular although the bar prices are quite expensive compared with the local bars. Despite what the brochure says we had to ask for a hairdryer and they haven't had coffee making facilities for 2 years. We booked our transport to and from the hotel ourselves and found the hotel were not that helpful when it can to confirming our pick-up time - they wanted us to use their own transport but we had already paid for our return journey.

• Does exactly what it says on the tin

Recommended. Location was ideal. Price was good. Room was a good size, as was the bed. No real noise from the street - we were on the 4th floor and on Lexington Ave - but take earplugs in case the sirens start wailing! Bathroom was on the small side, but I didn't visit NYC to sit in the shower all day. Didn't try any meals in the hotel as there were so many other places to choose from over the city. One thing I noticed was that the bell-hops weren't pushy unlike other US hotels I've been to. If you wanted them to help, you'd ask them. If not, they wouldn't bother you.

Unique Quality: Location is right on top of the subway (routes 6, E and V) which can take you most places. Walking distance to the main shopping streets and plenty of places to eat in the vicinity.

Directions: Midtown East

• arnesk's Profile Photo

Good hotel in business area in Manhatten

This hotel was not great luxury, but it was good. A large hotel, but the staff made you feel it was not that large. Except the information desk-woman that was not too friendly.

The room was nice and clean and pretty good looking.

It was expensive, but of course everything is in New York.

The hotel is in Manhatten in a business-area (isnt all of Manhatten business-area, you might say). So when I go back, I will definately try to get a hotel in Greenwich Village instead.

• inflight's Profile Photo

Modern rooms, completely renovated

The front desk staff was great. Allowed me to chek in 3 hours early. The lobby was still under construction so I have no idea what it will look like. The room itself was newly renovated and very modern. Clean, clean, clean. It also had a plasma tv, very cool.

• Nice Hotel

I stayed at this hotel when I visited NY in february 2004. It is located on Lexington Avenue and 51st St.
    Central Park , St Patricks Cathedral and Times Square are all within walking distance. (Empire State Building and further downtown I suggest using the subway). About the room: pro: clean,cozy, small fridge, tv, nice bathroom,con: can't think of anything right now.
    ATM can be found in the lobby, near the elevators. Only negative thing I can think of is that it's rather expensive to stay at this hotel...

Edit: the hotel was under major reconstruction when I stayed there and I haven't had a chance to re-visit since, so most of what I said about the room, lobby,... will not be up to date. my apologies for that....

Unique Quality: none

Directions: Midtown East

• Russ60's Profile Photo

Good location in Midtown Manhattan

As with most accommadation in NYC, it was more expensive than other Cities in America and the standard of the room was not as high as the others we stayed in (LA, San Francisco, Las Vegas).
    However it was a great location for sightseeing, a lot of places were within fairly easy walking distance e.g Empirestate, Chrysler Building , Central Station, Rockerfeller Centre, UN building, Central Park and the tube.

Unique Quality: The Hotel information desk was very helpful with directions and tube and bus times etc.

Directions: 51st and Lexington

More about Doubletree Metropolitan Hotel New York City

Hit and miss

by TripAdvisor Member Ushuaian

Stayed here this week on a reservation someone else made. Mixed reviews below are generally on target. This hotel was just fine on the big issues - great location, clean rooms, comfortable beds, shower with plenty of water pressure, functional if spartan layout with desk space, multiple phones & high-speed internet access - but in other ways it showed a pattern of overlooking little things that make a difference between a decent hotel and a good one. Front desk staff and restaurant staff were indifferent even by NYC standards, room-key computer wasn't working, no coffeemaker in the room, shower drained slowly, do-not-disturb tag & door hooks were missing, etc. If you can get a heavily discounted room over the net, you'll get what you paid for - if you're paying rack rate to stay here, there are better choices in the area.

Just Okay

We stayed here the first of October and the hotel needs some updating - rooms were so small that I had to move the t.v. back to get around the bed. Bathroom was small. Location is was great.

Comments