Edison Hotel

2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

228 West 47th Street, Between 8th Avenue and Broadway, New York City, New York, 10036, United States

Edison Hotel Times Square
Expedia.com Travelocity Tingo.com

Rated 10% higher but also costs 23% more than other 2.5 star hotels

• Tupelodan's Profile Photo

Hard to beat

An older, but renovated hotel right slap in the middle of Times Square. Maybe 200 yards from the TKTS booth. Small rooms, but comfortable. Ask for extra pillows. Can't beat the price. Very friendly staff. Great restaurant for breakfast .... prices cheaper than home. Excellent bar.

Unique Quality: Absolutely gorgeous lobby. Really. Beautiful art deco area for gathering.

Directions: Times Square

• Bela_LUng's Profile Photo

Good location, wear earmuffs

I stayed at the Edison when I visited New York City when I was a University student, so at the time I was not too picky on my surroundings and how I slept. In hind sight, the place was kinda crappy. The hotel room was ok, and the location is great, but the nightclub in the basement, even thought I was many floors up, kept me up all night long. Which was ok, since I did plan on getting as little sleep as possible in New York City....who the hell wants to sleep when there's soooooo much to do!!!

Unique Quality: Great Location in a relatively safe neighbourhood close to all the action.

• CdnJane's Profile Photo

Not my first choice but great location

I was here about 15 yrs ago, so I'm not sure how it has changed, for better or worse. It wasn't really my choice of places to stay, but I met up with some friends who were there on a package from Switzerland. It was probably rated about 1.5-2 *'s then. Actually, I've stayed in some chain hotels that weren't much better. As I recall my room was huge, and it was clean. Definitely an older NYC hotel. The location was terrific for walking around.
    I can't put down a price because I don't remember what I paid... and it was 15 yrs ago anyway.

Unique Quality: The most interesting feature of the hotel was that the telephones out-calling feature was turned off for rooms booked under my Swiss friends' travel package. They had been trying to phone back home, but couldn't get their phone to work - I think it was for long distance purposes. It wasn't until I tried to help them that we found out the situation, and I think they ended up calling out from my room. There had been a language problem for the hotel operator to explain it to my friends who couldn't comprehend the accent as well as the English! :-D

• seagoingJLW's Profile Photo

Hotel in the Theater District

Art deco hotel in the theater district. It is not luxurious, but it is comfortable.

There are restaurants in the hotel:
    Sofia's Restaurant
    The Supper Club
    The Rum House
    Café Edison

And Restaurant Row is only a block away.

Directions: Times Square Area

More about Edison Hotel

edison hotel

by davidjpdunne

has anyone ever stayed at the edison hotel if so any info would be great also i will be in city for 5 days and any info on wat to do wud be great

by 10028

The Edison is a well known budget hotel in the theater district, just a few steps from Times Square.

Here's a link to tripadvisor's page of reviews:

Be sure to view the Candid Traveler Photos.

by colin343

i think ,but i could be wrong , that it was on the bbc travel site im sure i seen it on tv. then again i could be taking rubbish!!!!!! not very helpful sorry pal!

by Michael_D

I stayed there in the late 90s when I was doing a play right accross the street.

Its a great hotel, art deco in design and by NYC standards quite inexpensive.

Its near many NYC sights and a GREAT choice.

Comments