102 North End Avenue, New York City, New York, 10281, United States

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 30% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• davidvidgen's Profile Photo

Embassy Suite

Really good hotel with very spacious rooms in comparison to the rest of NYC.

Highly recommended hotel in downtown NYC

Unique Quality: Rooms are excellent with separate dining area. Good views of the Hudson and some overlook the statue of liberty.

• Family friendly

Stayed for a week in August with my wife and two boys. The suite worked out very well. The rates were moderate pricey but the hotel did not disappoint. Great daily free breakfast was a great bonus, as was the free manager's cocktail hour every night. After a day of visiting, dropping in for a cool complimentary Heinekin was very soothing.

Fre internet access in the lobby was OK, but kids tended to monopolize it and the staff did not place limits. INternet in the room costs $10 per day, so we did not indulge.

For room food drop across the street to the WFC and right inside the door is a drug store where you can get snacks and drinks at very affordable prices.

Right outside the front door is a very interesting memorial to the Irish Famine. Be sure to check it out. Also, you can take a nice walk down the river front where you can see splendid yachts and crowded outdoor restaurants.

Overall, a great hotel, Woudl definitely stay there again.

Directions: Downtown near WTC

• Best Breakfast in Manhattan

I thoroughly reccommend the Embassy Suites Hotel on North End Avenue, Manhattan. The accommodation is excellent, the staff are friendly and approachable and go out of their way to help you if needed. The breakfast provided is the best we've had in all Manhattan, there is a hot and cold buffet and a short order chef to provide eggs cooked to your personal preference, filled omelettes and delicious pancake stacks. With views of the Hudson while you eat and New York's best shop, Century 21 just around the corner - it is the only place we'll stay now. Getting around is easy, for the energetic Manhattan is easy enough to walk around but for those less energetic, there is a subway station just around the corner which is fast and perfectly safe to use. There is a cinema attached to the hotel which is great to use after a hard day's shopping. there are also a few restaurants around the hotel, there is a mexican themed restaurant which I can't remember the name of which was really nice. I advise anyone going to the big apple to try this hotel - you won't be disappointed!

Unique Quality: The rooms are outstanding, all rooms are suites with a living room, dining table, t.v. safe, large bathroom, very comfortable beds with t.v. in the bedroom too. All of the rooms are kept spotlessly clean. The cinema attached to the hotel is a very unique quality which I advise you to make the most of. We were told James Gandolfini (Tony Soprano) is a regular visitor!

Directions: Financial District, just around the corner from Ground Zero.

• hoofhearted's Profile Photo

Battery Park Hideaway

The Embassy Suites Battery Park is located near the Financial District, within a stone's throw of the former World Trade Center (Ground Zero) location. We spent a week here (Saturday to Friday) and were able to cover the entire island of Manhattan easily. This is the "flagship" Embassy Suites and is really run as a top notch Hilton product. As the name implies, all rooms are suites. Very roomy and comfortable. Not all have great Hudson River views, but not much time is actually spent looking out your hotel window(!).

Amenity-wise, the room includes a FULL, cook to order or buffet breakfast (huge $$ saver). We also used the complimentary internet kiosk near the front desk. They are equipped with printers (for those pesky boarding passes), and did I mention free. There is a full movie theater attached to hotel as well as a 30,000 square foot fitness club. Also housed within the hotel are a Mexican Restaurant, Pan-Asian Restaurant and an Applebee's.

As with any upscale NYC hotel, there are bellmen, concierge, bartenders and housekeepers to assist with your every need. In turn, a reasonable gratuity is expected. With the friendliness and helpfulness of this staff, you will not hesitate to reward them for their services.

Unique Quality: Certain rooms have beautiful views of the Hudson River. Also, you can't beat the complimentary breakfast every morning and the drinks and snacks in the evening.

• Great hotel right in FInancial District

This hotel was great. I stayed in a suite which had 2 double beds and a pull out couch. There was also a really large washroom, 2 televisions, a mini fridge, sink, microwave, and safe. This hotel had a free happy hour everyday between 5:30pm and 7:30pm. You get free drinks (alcholic) and snacks every late afternoon - this is a plus, cause you can drink at the hotel before going out. Also, there was a free breakfast every morining. Now, this wasn't a cheap continental breakfast, I'm talking the whole 9 yards. Great place on the Hudson river (You overlook the Hudson and can see New Jersey cleary on the other side).

Service was great and maid service was excellent. When we got back from sight seeing the room was in great shape. There is also a gift shop downstairs in the lobby and a restaurant/bar below the hotel for you to enjoy. It is in the financial district literally a 5 minute walk from ground zero. There are taxi cabs always outside and it takes about 15 minutes to get to central NYC.

I definately recommend this hotel.

Unique Quality: This hotel is the only upscale all-suite hotel located on the waterfront in Lower Manhattan's Battery Park area. Nestled in the heart of the New York Financial District, this full-service upscale all-suite hotel is walking distance from the New York Stock Exchange - NYSE, Wall Street, the World Financial Center, the New York Harbor, South Street Seaport, the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island ferries, the Century 21 Department Store and the neighborhoods of Tribeca, SoHo and Greenwich Village. Times Square, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Broadway Theaters, the Museum of Modern Art and Madison Square Garden are all just a cab ride away.

High-speed internet access is available throughout the hotel.

Directions: Financial district - 5 minute walk from ground zero (twin towers)

• tribeca by Battery Park/Ground Zero

this hotel opened on may1sr 2002 after it had been damaged during sept.11th thing

i stayed here for a week, when my cousin was getting married and he lives 1 block from this hotel

Directions: tribeca

More about Embassy Suites Hotel New York City

Couldn't have been more perfect!!

by TripAdvisor Member Grannylrf

Took my grandson to New York for 3 nights and stayed in 2 queen bed suite. Not in the room much but when we were, the two TV's were great.
Enjoyed popcorn every evening before going to bed as we laughed and rehashed our earlier adventures. The made-to-order breakfast to begin our mornings gave us a great boost and actually were pretty good.
Unless you want an omelet skip the line for special order and go for the scrambled eggs on the bar. They go fast enough that they stay fresh. The downside of this hotel is that it is a hike to the subway going to Times Square but there is a bus that stops right in front of the hotel. And it is in a very safe neighborhood!!! My grandson love riding the buses so that was not a big deal. The staff, from checkin to checkout, were so pleasant, friendly, kind and competent. They went out of their way to make sure we had a great time in New York. Stay here!!!
It's wonderful!!!

Solid hotel, but the bellhop tried to shake me down

An altogether nice hotel, although relatively no-frills for a "****" establishment. The most disappointing part of my stay was when the bellboy checked my bags and reminded me that he'd not be there when I returned and I "might wanna leave a tip" if "I wanted my bags put somewhere safer." I guess if I didn't they'd be left somewhere unsafe?
What kind of service is this?

Great except thin walls

I had one major problem with this hotel: I could hear every word the people next door were saying, and also time they used the bathroom. I had to wake up when they did. I may give it one more try because it really is a beautiful hotel.

We were a happy family!

I am a New Yorker and we were in town for a family function in Brooklyn. We really enjoyed Battery Park City with its wonderful views and open spaces near the water. But the hotel was the real surprise, a thoughtful kind staff and lovely decor. We were close to things in Manhattan and our family in Brooklyn. The kids loved it, highly recommend!

embassy staff

by TripAdvisor Member 12skipafew

myself and my three sisters went to new york for the first time last week and were absoloutly thrilled with the service we recieved from the staff at the embassy hotel from checking in till departure they provided us with information on any query we had [and we had loads it being our first time in new york]with a smile and if they did not know the information we wanted they took the time to ring around and find it for us which made it easier for us to find our way to places we wanted to see and experience. the hotel itself was first class ,the bedrooms,resturants,you name it we could not find fault with anything .we will definately be recommending it to friends and relatives who are thinking of traveling to newyork.

accomm for 3 adults in manhattan (with some privacy)!!

by Koika

hi there, i am traveling to New York City with my partner and another friend. We're youngish so are on a semi-budget. We are looking for accommodation that involves one main bedroom and a sleeper sofa in a separate area as we need some privacy from each other. We don't particulary want to book two separate rooms.
would anyone know of a hotel that does suites that fit the above. Or could someone recommend apartments that they have stayed in? Many thanks!

by zuriga

Look for something like Embassy Suites. They usually have that sort of sleeping arrangement. I'm not sure where they're located in Manhattan but any location would be fine and safe.

by seagoingJLW

102 North End Avenue
New York, NY 10281 US

Cheapest available suite is $259 per night.

Joan

by Koika

Many thanks you two

by zuriga

Most Embassy Suites are not that expensive - but I guess this is Manhattan and there only seems to be one. There are similar places - they advertise each week in the Travel section of the NY Times. Maybe you can get ahold of a copy before you book something.

by paulinuk2u

try servas.org you can then stay with different hosts

by feline01

I have a suite booked this weekend at the Mayflower located on Central Park West right by Columbus Circle. It's a one-bedroom suite with a separate living room w/ pull-out sofa. There's a fridge and small sink as well in the living room. They're offering a rate of $175.00 per night for the suite and the hotel is across from Central Park and 2 blocks from Lincoln Center. I booked it directly at the hotel but you can also book it through orbitz.com, expedia.com, hotels.com or travelocity.com. If you're interested and want to know what I really think, ask me next week after I stayed there.

Sue

by TempNomad

And you can always try Priceline.com for a price more your style, if those are too high. Good luck!

by Juampisan

I was in NYC two years ago. I found accomodation (a fully equiped flat just for us!) in newyorkrent.com.ar
Good luck!

by Radiomom

If you are still looking, try www.affinia.com They have several all-suite hotels and often offer very good deals. We stayed in Beekman Towers earlier this summer for $99/night. I haven't seen that low a rate recently, but there have been suites for $139. Well located and very roomy. Some even have a totally separate bedroom.

Comments