Fairfield Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square South

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott New York Manhattan / Times Square
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Costs 29% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

More about Fairfield Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square South

Very good value for the money

by TripAdvisor Member Joerg04

Just stayed there for 5 nights on a business trip. For sure its not a Marriott or Renaissance Hotel, but it has much more to offer than an average Fairfield Inn. Currently its a little bit hidden by some construction next door, but that does not cause to much extra noise (I did not even heard it from my room). The rooms are small, but there is still enough space to walk around in your room. The furniture and the decore are much better than in other Fairfield Inns (and some Marriott/Renaissance!). The room that end with 1-4 are facing the street and if you get a room above floor 10 you will overlook the building in front of you (this is the Bus Terminal). I stayed on floor 28 and had a nice view to some Times Square buildings and the hudson river. If you stay on the other side (rooms 5-8) the buildings are a little bit closer, but its not that you have a wall in front of your window (like I had in other more exepensive hotels already). You can even see the Empire State Building on the left side. The do have 3 elevators that stop on every floor. So I never had to wait more than 1 minute.
Breakfst is served till 10.30 and 11 am on weekends. Its the regular Fairfield Inn breakfast but they never did run out on anything during my stay. On every day I had no problems to get a table in the breakfast area, even it can be a little bit crowded there. In the lobby area they do have 3 pc with a printer without a fee (perfect if you forgot your laptop or need to print a boarding pass).
The gym is also a little bit bigger from what I know from other Fairfield Inns e.g. in Florida (free weights +stepper+bike+crosstrainer+TV on every machine).
I saw that some others did complaint about the location. Well, it is only 3-5 minutes away from Times Square, maybe 3 minutes from the next subway and Alamo/National is also not more than 3 minutes away. I walked to 5th Avenue every day (38th St.) and it took me only 15 minutes. There are some adult stores in the area, but they are everywhere in New York. And there is some police always present at the next corner in front of the Chase Manhatten Bank - so I never felt unsecure.
Overall and considering the rate that I got (between USD 139 and 169) I would defenitely return to this hotel.

Good hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member Amsel4

The rooms were clean and confortable. Not big but space was ok. for four.persons (two adults two teens)
The street is not so bad and it had allways Taxis around. We could reach Times Square in about 12 minutes. Breakfast had a good choice but was a bit crowded around the tables.
We would stay there again!

Good value for money

by TripAdvisor Member ralfvd

This is a fairly new hotel with its advantages (furniture is new so in perfect condition) and its disadvantages (some construction still going on, staff not always fully equipped).

This is a good hotel if you need to be in this neighbourhood. The free breakfast (although very, very basic) and free Internet access (wired in the room, wireless in the lobby), makes it a good place to stay for a couple of nights.

Staff is willing to help and friendly. No complaints on this hotel. It is not big, the street it is located in may not be the best in town, but then again, the price is reasonable.

Good value!

by TripAdvisor Member mshbnyehud

If you're a Marriott member, you probably won't find a better value in a better location than this Brand New hotel. Opened in February, it has smallish rooms, but first rate in all other respects. King rooms can squeeze in 3 persons, with a convertable twin bed couch/lounge chair. Air conditioning works well, nice digital TV; excellent service.

The breakfast room is small, considering how many rooms are in the hotel. So don't be surprised if you have to wait 5 minutes for a table to open up. Breakfast is included, but they need to add another toaster. The line up to toast bread is, during "prime time" about 5 - 6 persons waiting. Otherwise the continental breakfast is pretty basic and straightforward.

The Fitness Center has brand new equipment with TV attached. Good high speed Internet in room, free.

The only other comment I'll make is that this is a neighborhood in the midst of change. The hotel is directly across the street from the bus station. It's safe but "sketchy". Just keep walking. I encountered no problems. I'd stay here again, if they keep the prices low.

Good value in NYC

by TripAdvisor Member boatride

We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the Fairfield Inn. Arriving mid morning we were expecting to have to put our bags in storage but all three of our rooms were ready. While the rooms were not huge they were typical for NYC and VERY comfortable and well appointed. The beds were comfortable and the rooms looked like they had recently been re decorated. Very clean with lots of towels, etc. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was not right in Times Square but it was only a few blocks walk and we actually liked the location. A bit out of the way of all the bright lights and noise. Close to subway.

Excellent Value

by TripAdvisor Member noreasters

You cannot beat the price of this Marriott property within walking distance to Times Square. The rooms are what you would expect in NYC - somewhat smaller, but perfectly appropriate. The hotel is still fairly new, so the furniture is in good shape. The internet service is excellent. I was a little creeped out that the NY Parole office was a few steps from the hotel, but no one bothered us when we walked by. The street itself is full of adult type venues, so if you are traveling with kids that may bother you. As in all places in NYC, construction starts around 8am and can get quite noisy. Still, a great price in mid town Manhattan.

Very good value and location

by TripAdvisor Member BigTA

We went for a long weekend in Manhattan. Got a very nice rate. Great location a block away from the subway entrance, and a short walk from Times Square, etc. The free Internet and breakfast made it a great value. The property is almost brand new, and the room was pretty big by Manhattan standards in this price range. Would definitely stay again at the right rate.

Immaculate Rooms !!!

by TripAdvisor Member LCB5

The hotel was immaculate, the room was immaculate. I was so impressed!!
I had heard, and seen a news report about the bed bug infestation in New York City
hotels, so I must admit, I was nervous about booking a hotel there. The hotel is only
a few months old, so that put my mind at ease before we arrived there. The room was small, however, cleanliness is number one on my list. The decor
was very classy . The bathroom was the prettiest of any hotel room I have stayed
in (other than the New York, New York in Las Vegas). The shower had a a taupe,tan
marble look to it, and was surrounded by see thru glass. The furniture, the carpets,
everything was in perfect condition!! Loved it!!!

Convenient and (Relatively) Cheap

by TripAdvisor Member msf22305

The same hotel experience in, say, Des Moines or Durham might not rate the same enthusiastic review. But, hotels are always a problem for us in NY. They're generally too expensive and too small for families. This one has neither of those problems. Although the lobby and corridors are tight, the rooms were comfortably spacious, clean and surprisingly quiet. The free breakfast, while not particularly memorable, was adequate and fine for kids -- fruit, bagels, cereals, microwavable egg mcsomethings, etc.

The front desk staff was extremely courteous and helpful. We arrived at 10 a.m., and when we inquired about stowing our luggage, we instead were allowed to check in with no additional charge.

It's also very convenient for fools like me who insist on driving into Manhattan -- it's two turns and four blocks from the Lincoln Tunnel. The parking garage was quite affordable by NYC standards ($24 for 25 hours, with validation from the hotel) -- and the attendants were quite helpful when we realized we accidentally left a camera on the roof of our car.

Also, plenty of good and cheap eats within walking distance, and an easy walk to the theater district. We'll be back!

Great hotel if you want to be close to times square

by TripAdvisor Member freddy4play

Clean and nice hotel. 1 block from subway to take you anywhere. Breakfast was fine. Jimmy Dean biscuits, cereal, bagels, yogurt, fruit. Elevators were fast. No need to worry about your safety. There are so many people around you will have no problems. The neighborhood is a little seedy for about 1 block. Not enough to make you feel unsafe, just a bit shady. I would have no problem letting a 16 year old walk on this street alone.

crowds watching the paradecrowds watching the parade

okok

yeahyeah

Snug Harbor Cultural centerSnug Harbor Cultural center

Fairfield Inn Times Square South v Holiday Inn Express 5th Ave

by Waoife

I stayed in the Holiday Inn Express 5th Ave a few years ago and had a really good experience - good location, free breakfast, reasonable price, close to Times Square but quiet rooms etc. I'm going back to NY at the start of May and at the minute I have a room booked in the new Fairfield Inn Times Square South. When I originally booked, the Fairfield Inn was way cheaper than the Hol Inn but Hol Inn have now reduced their price to only $10 per night more than the Fairfield Inn. Does anyone have any experience of the Fairfield Inn? It's pretty new and I haven't had much luck finding reviews. Which one would you choose - I think the Hol Inn 5th Avenue might have a slightly nicer location, especially as I'll be with my Mum?

Thanks in advance :)

Re: Fairfield Inn Times Square South v Holiday Inn Express 5th Ave

by nyceagle1633

Just by what you wrote..if it was that good, why risk the unknown..for only 10 bux more..go back to Hol In Express 5th Avenue.

Comments