Fashion 26 - A Wyndham Hotel

Hilton New York Fashion District
Booking.com Expedia.com amextravel.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

More about Fashion 26 - A Wyndham Hotel

The hotel was nice and the service was top notch

by TripAdvisor Member mel1917

The hotel was in a good location, was clean and the staff went out of their way to treat guests well. The rooms were small but that seems to be the norm for NYC. Plus it was quiet at night

Great Amenities, First Class Service--Wonderful Experience!

by TripAdvisor Member NorthEndBos

Upon arrival the staff could not do more for us. From the welcome at check in to the personal escort to our room to the explanation of all of the room features, we were throroughly impressed with the Fashion 26. The room was very modern (motion sensor lighting, HD flat screens, iPod docking station) but on the smaller side. We were the first people (ever) to stay in our room. The bed was unbelievably comfortable. The bathroom was first rate with Gilchrist & Soames products. As the hotel was only open for couple of days by the time we checked in, the room had no product in the mini-bar yet and we had to ask for an ice bucket. However the cupcakes at the front desk were delicious (thanks Crumbs). The food and drink at Rare were top notch as were the bartenders who chatted us up. Can't wait to visit again and check out the rooftop bar when it's open. The fashion touches throughout in the artwork are subtle but keep an eye out for them. Definately check this gem out!

great new hotel in the city, extemely clean and well presented at all levels

by TripAdvisor Member mghtpcm

Highly recommended for anyone traveling to the city. Central location, in a hotel with newly refurbished rooms of an unusually decent size - stay here, you won't be disappointed

Great addition to the New York hotel scene

by TripAdvisor Member benical

Fashion 26 was a great surprise with larger than usual rooms for New York, fabulous amenities and excellent service. I'd stay again in a heartbeat!

Great atmosphere and excellet location

by TripAdvisor Member Kroma80

A very recently inaugurated hotel. Located near Penn Station and within walking distance of Empire state. It has a nice and modern view and very pleasant and helpful staff.

Excellent experience Highly recommend

by TripAdvisor Member moorade

From the time we arrived to the hotel they could not of been more helpful. The room only had one bed so they automatically upgraded us to having a room with 2 beds for no extra charge. The parking garage they used told me they would not take any overnight cars so I went to the next garage and they asked me if everything worked out ok and I told them what had happened so they paid my parking for the night. They really made sure that the whole experience was a good one and it was. I highly recommend this hotel and it is in a good area to walk to most everything.

Great New Property

by TripAdvisor Member BusinessTraveler9948

Brand new property, very friendly staff, good size rooms, great mini-bar, nice amenities. Awesome restaurant in property (well, attached). Perfect location for midtown/wall street meetings, centrally located. Would recommend this property!!!!

Very Nice, Extremely Friendly and Coureous Staff

by TripAdvisor Member BillTaylor333

The Fashion 26 is very nice, very clean, very new, and staffed with EXTREMELY friendly and helpful people. EVERY encounter - from the doorman, front desk, houskeeping, restaurant (AWESOME BURGERS), housekeeping... even the engineer that I encountered were simply the best. The hotel is quite nice, good value (especially for the area)... rooms are small-ish, but that's OK. My only complaint is the internet/television system is combined, and quite slow, especially at peak times. This, I'm assured, is being addressed... still working out some of the kinks in the new facility (open less than a month).

Opened Prematurely, Not for Business Travelers

by TripAdvisor Member bkconquerstheworld

It’s apparent this hotel opened prematurely and doesn’t quite have their act together yet. I stayed here for 6 nights on business this past week and found that a number of the offerings promised on the website were not yet available. Some of the issues I encountered:

-The front sidewalk sets the property back from the street, but the driveway promised on the website is not open – I had to park illegally on W. 26th to get my car unloaded, and when I inquired about valet parking, the bellman said it’s cheaper and easier to park it myself. The nearby “self-parking” is all the way at the end of the block, not exactly “adjacent” as promised, and is $40/day (it’s not actually “self-parking,” it’s a regular NYC valet garage with no in/out service). There are much cheaper lots a few blocks away.

-The internet was unreliable at best – it took me 20-30 mins to pick up a signal to log in most days and I was unable to get my work done. The front desk staff offered no information on internet access when I checked in (the bellman later told me I had to get a username and password from them). I gave up on even trying to get a wireless signal and went to Starbucks a few times.

-They are still doing work in the building, in fact there was contractor’s tape on my bathroom wall when I checked in. One of the elevators is currently designated for construction worker’s use only.

-The information posted on the back of my room door was totally crooked, as was one of the pictures on the wall – what a sloppy, hurried job of hanging permanent things!

-There was no hotel guide in the room, leaving you to wonder about services offered. There was a guide under part of the menu on the television, but it comes up blank with no information. Maybe they’re working on it though, because initially when I checked in there was no room service menu either, but it suddenly appeared in my room midweek during my stay.

-The first day I was there, my room was not cleaned at all when I returned from being gone from 9am-5pm! Not a great first impression.

-Also, this is an unusual issue that won’t affect most people, but I will mention that when I presented the front desk staff with tax exempt paperwork (which every hotel I’ve ever stayed at in NYC has accepted, because my nonprofit employer will not pay taxes on our hotel bills), I was initially told they did not accept such paperwork… which they have to, by law! I was later told they would accept it, but I was lectured on notifying them ahead of time. Then at check out, there was a 20+ minute debacle because no one knew how to take the taxes off my bill. They were pleasant about it at checkout, but frankly it was frustrating because they had an entire week to prepare my bill and didn’t figure it out during that time.

On the positive side, it’s in a great location – there are a number of subway stops within a few blocks. The turn down service was a nice touch to return to after a long day. There’s also a fun décor theme of fabric, thread, and all things “garment district,” though there are certain aspects that don’t seem too classy. The room doors in particular, are a lighter wood tone and are so lightweight that they don’t close completely unless you pull them shut. The doormen are extremely pleasant and eager to assist, but the front desk staff can be a bit pretentious.

Overall it seems like more of a hotel for a tourist than a business traveler. I’ve had much better experiences at nearby Marriott hotels. I expect more from a Wyndham. Perhaps they’ll get it together in time.

Not ready for prime time

by TripAdvisor Member citywalker_10

I give this hotel props for honoring a long-standing reseration, but it was too much too soon for them. They should have put us up in a completed hotel. We were on the 8th floor and every floor below us was under construction. The staff was new and confused. No one seemed to know their jobs yet and the chain of command was missing entirely so that ineffciency was compounded by lack of communication. Often there were six people standing at the registration desk, none of whom could operate the computer and all of whom had memorized scripts that had little bearing on questions asked.
The first morning in our room the bathroom flooded because the shower door was not properly sealed. We reported this to the desk, and "an engineer" came to our room and looked at it, but nothing was done. We requested extra towels to soak up the water. The shower flooded the bathroom for the next four days, our extra towels were taken away by housekeeping the first day and not returned. We were afraid to use the hairdryer in the bathroom. I wondered about the ceiling of the room below us, but It was probably unoccupied since that floor was incomplete. Each time someone from the hotel asked us about our stay, we repeated the problem with the shower. Each time a look of panic appeared in the asker's eyes. We finally realized that the hotel had much larger
construction problems than our leaking shower, and they probably didn't have a room finished to move us to.
On the final day we were accosted in the elevator by a man who claimed to work for the chain. He quizzed us about our stay. We gave him honest answers which he told his assistant to write down. Who this man was we were never told. He told us we would be comped one day of our stay for the inconvenience. I told my friend afterwards that was as likely to happen as our having the shower repaired or being moved to another room. We laughed about it because the whole stay could have been a Marx Bros. farce.
On the plus side the location was great, the introductory price was great and we were the first people to ever inhabit our room.The room was quiet the beds were comfortable and the heating worked.

My breakfastMy breakfast

half pastrami and corned beefhalf pastrami and corned beef

steak fritessteak frites

My wife enjoying her SangriaMy wife enjoying her Sangria

Restaurant suggestions Chelsea

by romeohotel

Hi, my wife and I are booked into the Fashion 26 hotel 152 w 26th st. @7th ave. Early July.
Can you suggest a nearby restaurant, preferably not expensive with some atmosphere. Some live jazz would be nice, but I realize that this can increase prices. Not keen on Italian.
Any recommendations will be welcome, many thanks.
Robin.

Re: Restaurant suggestions Chelsea

by vtveen

We had a lovely diner at 'Chelsea Brewing Company' nearby Pier 59, sitting on the terrace overlooking the Hudson River.

Re: Restaurant suggestions Chelsea

by 10028

VT contributor Dino335 always recommends the Jazz Standard, which is a short walk from your hotel. I haven't yet been, but I always hear good things about it:

If you want to hop the subway up to my UES neighborhood, Brasserie Julien has a free jazz duo on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Nice relaxed atmosphere.

I haven't eaten dinner at Ayza, I've only been for wine/chocolate, but it's a sweet little place that's also not far from your hotel, and their web site says they have jazz nights, though you might want to phone them to be sure.

Accomodation NYC

by lallarebecca

I´d like your tips on accomodation in NYC, preferably in Midtown/Garment district on Manhattan.

Do you have any good options and which is the best booking-site if you´re looking for good prices.

Last time I stayed at Fashion 26, and I liked it very much, but unfortunately it is quite expensive...

I´d like a 3-4 star place, maximum $250 dollars per night and doubleroom.
What are your recommendations?

Rebecca

by xymmot

Try hot wire dot com. Most of their three and four stars are very good at well discounted prices. Cheers Tommy x

by TexasDave

A similar question was posted just a few days ago. If you check the previous NYC forum posts you'll several good answers.

by sdcatraveler

Sheraton Towers, Hyatt, W Hotels (I prefer the Tuscany one) tend to be located in good midtown areas. Not so sure about pricing. Also, the Roosevelt is a historic hotel with probably a little lower quality than the ones listed. Pricing varies greatly depending on occupancy especially if there is a convention in town. I have found good deals on Priceline.com and expedia.com or the hotel's websites themselves.

by clareabee

we stayed at the affinia manhattan - right opposite penn station and was a good location - and i think it is within budget - I got a good deal booking on expedia including flight - have alook on there selecting 'midtown' from the drop down box at the top once you have selected new york (as it lists all the outer areas too.)

by 10028

Hotel prices fluctuate every week. What are your travel dates?

by blusky

I would recommend French Quarters in famous restaurant row, just 5 minutes walk from Times Square and some 7-8 minutes walk from the Penn station. You have everything near and you'll be feeling like home. Check the web site:

As for the prices I usually use
www.booking.com
and I'm satisfied with the rates and you can also find all the reviews, but check also the web of the hotel, becuase sometimes you can get the best deal there, like I did :)

Have a good stay!

JFK to Manhattan

by nurseycaz

HI, we're 4 ladies with luggage needing to get from JFK to Fashion 26 Hotel on west 26th st. We were just going to hop in a cab but realiszed they probably won't fit in us and 4 big suitcases!!! Is our only option 2 cabs or do they do people carrier type cabs as well at the airport?

thanks in anticipation

by Waoife

I don't think I've ever seen a people carrier style cab in NY but maybe a shuttle would be your best option - it does have the disadvantage that you may not go straight to your hotel but it should be a good bit cheaper than 2 taxis!!

If you are going to NY for shopping, is it possible to bring collapsible bags rather than suitcases so that they can be squashed flat in the trunk/boot???

by zuriga

If there are four of you, it would probably be fairly inexpensive to hire a limo and split the cost. There is also Super Shuttle which will take you right to the hotel, but with stops perhaps to let off other passengers. If you want a reliable cab service, I can highly recommend Leros. You can Google for their number in Westchester.

by Jamesr3939

There are mini-van taxis at the airport. We used one last time we were there with the four of us and all our bags. Problem with renting a limo is it does not seem they have much room for luggage in the trunk. So I guess it depends on how many bags you have.

by Jamesr3939

Also, be careful about the guys hanging out at the bottom of the escalator asking if you need a limo or car hire. Most of them are not licensed by the airport or city to transport. Go outside to the curb and have the airport guy at the taxi stand do it.

by zuriga

Lots of the limo services use large Lincoln towncars. They hold plenty of luggage, and we used them years ago for family ski trips with all the gear.

by nurseycaz

Thankyou people! Don't mind the drop offs so the shuttle sounds great , many thanks

Comments