Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

687 Lexington Avenue, Between 56th & 57th Street, New York City, New York, 10022, United States

Fitzpatrick  Manhattan
Expedia.com Orbitz.com Travelocity

Costs 26% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• overpriced in new york

Fitzpatricks have great pr but not much quality. I was charged 325 and expected a decent hotel but was disappointed with the location and the rooms. Rooms were very small for the price. The hotel has a small bar. It is geared toward Irish people who know nothing about New York. While there is nothing majorly wrong with the hotel it is grossly overpriced. The rooms are similar to the Clarion 5th Ave or Comfort Inn but 3 times the price. The location is useless for shopping. You are close to Bloomies but very far away from Macys, Empire State, Times Sq, Theatre district etc.

More about Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel

Stay far away....

My fiance and I stayed at the Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel for a long weekend. Front desk was friendly, never went out of their way to make you feel special, but friendly enough. Room was a little small, but good enough for what we needed as we planned on shopping our entire trip anyway. Had a terrible experience our last night at the bar. We were the only Americans there and were treated as if we didn't belong. Rude bartender with an Irish accent, was extremely short and couldn't wait to be finished with us to go back to chatting with her irish 'friends'. Didn't even bother finishing our drinks (which were expensive). If you aren't Irish, stay out of this bar, you will not feel welcomed!!!!

Stay somewhere else

by TripAdvisor Member juicyjules

No Facilities. There is no restaurant, only one bar downstairs which was closed for a private function one night during our stay. We were very disappointed as this hotel is very hyped in Ireland. Location is good though.

Ahhh...the bed!

Room was small but perfectly formed and had everthing we needed. Cosy and warm. The bed was lovely, really comfortable and there was great storage. Would have liked a stronger power shower though.

We loved the art deco decor and elevators.

Service was excellent, from reception to concierage and bar. Food was real comfort fare from home, but always tasty. Would have been nice to have a separate restaurant though and I loved the huge ladies bathroom in the bar! No Murphys in bar let it down!

Brilliant location, loved it. Everything is nearby but was not noisy at night. Would definitely stay again.

A good experience

We spent a week in a suite with our two year old daughter. To sum up:

Positives:
•Location (the most important thing for any hotel).
•Room size, admittedly it was a suite but it was excellent value.
•Service – the hotel staff were very courteous, friendly & knowledgeable. We didn’t try the restaurant or bar.
•Beds – huge & comfortable
•Room amenities – a fridge, a counter & sink, two televisions, a great sofa.

Negatives:
•Relatively noisy, but then it is Manhattan. We got used to it & all slept very well.
•Lack of “facilities”, but again it is Manhattan so you have no excuse to be bored.

We were there in April, so I don’t know how effective the heating or air-conditioning are.

We’d be back.

Adored this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member gillers25

We stayed in Fitzpatrick's while on our honeymoon - although it was completely unplanned. We had initially checked in to the really diappointing Doubletree Hilton further down Lexington for a few nights prior to heading to the Caribbean and couldn't wait to get away from the place. Anyway we popped in to Fitzpatrick's on the off chance that they would have a room and got one for €140! Great room, small but perfectly adequate, really lovely. Service was second to none, food was great (nachos in the bar were super), staff were really excellent and made us feel very welcome. We stayed again on the way back from Jamaica and I have to say it really made our honeymoon for us. Great place for breakfast across the street, down a side street, its called the Palace - try it!

Great Stay

Enjoyed this hotel very much. The room was ideal -- perfect for my wife and I and our 14-year-old daughter. My travel agent forgot to let the hotel know we were bringing our daughter along on the trip, but the hotel staff accomodated us without any trouble. She had the sofa (hideaway bed) and we had the bedroom. The bar was a great place to grab a nice ale or scotch before dinner. Good location and close to subway stops, Central Park, and shopping.

Cosy, central, comfortable and charming - and not too pricey!

by TripAdvisor Member duquesa

I spent a week here with my hubby and another couple and we were all very impressed with the hotel. The rooms are cosy, spacious, the beds are lovely and comfortable, there was a bathtub (a big plus for me), coffeemaking facilities and everything is very clean. My only two minor complaints would be the fixed showerhead (a bugbear of mine) and the 10 dollars internet charge - I only wanted 10 mins now and then to check my mails. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The Irish bar is cosy but perhaps some bartenders weren't as charming as others! A nice touch was when we'd arrived after a very long flight and as the rooms weren't quite ready we were offered complimentary drinks at the bar. The hotel has few facilities, just the small bar and restaurant, which won't suit everyone but was fine for us, we weren't spending much time at the hotel, how could we with such a fabulous city waiting for us outside! The hotel is in a great central location, but we didn't find it noisy at all. Would definitely use it again.

Warm welcome, large rooms, great value

by TripAdvisor Member Dr_Richard

We booked this hotel through Expedia on basis of price and location. Was quite cheap for the period at around $225/night inc tax, so I was a bit nervous about the quality we would experience. However, right from check-in the experience was great.

Check in staff were extremely welcoming and friendly. When they gave us a room on 3rd floor by the elevator, I feared it would be a substandard room, as so often happens when you book through internet agencies. True, the room did overlook the light-well, but was reasonably bright and most importantly had no noise from street, kitchens or elevator. In fact, the best surprise was that the room was HUGE by NYC standards, with a small kitchen area, lobby and walk in closet, as well as the queen sized bed and full bathroom (great toiletries by the way as well). Only criticism of the room would be the traditional floral decor which might not be everyone's taste (including mine).

We found the bar to be a bit dingy, but with very friendly Irish staff, as well as live rugby. The concierge (also Irish) gave us a great recommendation for going out of the hotel for a drink as well, and when it poured with rain, the bell-boy was happy to lend us his umbrella.

Finally, location was perfect for shopping (especially Bloomingdales) and had lots of reasonably priced eateries for breakfast and lunch nearby. I would definitely return next time I am in New York - by far the friendliest hotel I have stayed at there and feels more like a small guest-house.

Unbeatable

by TripAdvisor Member babybelly2

We stayed here on our honeymoon and could honestly say that the staff in this hotel are without doubt the best. As soon as we arrived, we were upgraded to a suite. The room was not ready but we were sent into the bar for a complimentary drink. Upon arriving to our room, there was a bottle of champagne on ice, butlers chocolates and a note wishing us all the best on our honeymoon. The staff here are so friendly and courteous and it’s obvious to see that they are trying their best to make you feel welcome and at home.
After a busy day shopping in New York, there is nothing as nice as returning to the cosy atmosphere of this hotel. The rooms are quite small but are clean & comfortable and to be honest you spend such a short amount of time in your room that the size really does not make that much difference.
This hotel has a great location, walking distance to just about everything.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in New York. It may not be the biggest or the plushest hotel but in my opinion the atmosphere and the staff make it the best hotel around!!

Comments