Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan

160 West 25th St., (formerly Chelsea Grand Hotel), New York City, New York, 10011, United States

Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Chelsea
Orbitz.com Booking.com FourPoints.com

Costs 32% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• garridogal's Profile Photo

Good Downtown Location

This hotel's right in Chelsea on a not very glamorous street. It's a good hotel for visiting New York when you've either been there several times or are originally from there. It's not in the middle of the zoo-like atmosphere of Times Square or Tourist Central Midtown. I actually really liked the street this hotel's on because it's quiet and right in the midst of a neighborhood where real NYC residents live. Our room was a little small but we didn't spend a lot of time there. The room colors were mellow and dark and it wasn't noisy at all which is really good for sleeping when you eventually roll in...

Directions: between 6th and 7th

More about Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan

Wonderful staff!

by TripAdvisor Member sarahmoses

We stayed at this hotel last September and can't say enough great things. The rooms were small, we had 3 of us, but clean and lovely. The location is great and the staff was so wonderful, I have never had better service in a hotel. We booked on priceline for about 135 a night and woudl love to stay there on our next trip.

Best Staff in New York - Hands Down

I travel weekly - all ove the country. The staff at this small, hip Chelsea hotel is absolutely unbeatable! The Front Desk staff is always "on", although they do many things at the same time, they never skip a beat. The service is not cookie-cutter but personable, warm & always friendly. If you ask where to go to eat, they will whip out 50 suggestions on the fly. The rooms are hip with the most comforatable beds in New York. They have a winner here!

what a great hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member PHXroadwarrior

I have stayed here on many occasions and found this to be among the hippest properties I have ever been in anywhere. They say this is the "flagship" of the Four Points brand and I can see why.

The staff is young and fun, and they play techno music in the lobby.

The rooms are just as they say, industrial chic and very richly appointed.

Request a room away from the ice machine.

One of my favorite hotels anywhere. Especially perfect if you're visiting NY to check out the Chelsea scene.

Very helpful

Stayed here 11-15 February 2005.

Staff very helpful, no problem with the two rooms booked being next to one another. Also very helpful when our return was delayed 12 hours allowing us late check out.

Great diner around the corner- the Malibu for traditional breakfasts.

I'll stay here again!

I had some big problems here but due to the fast response of the manager and Sheraton Corp to my concerns, I'll stay again with no hesitation!

Major problems during my 6 night stay:

1) Security. They accidentally issued keys to two different guests on two different evenings which opened to the door to our room! Both guests were as shocked as we were and apologized profusely. Too bad the staff didn't call and do the same.

2) Leaky toilet. Requested repair twice and was never fixed.

3) Automated wake up call service inoperative. Fortunately, I had my travel clock. Reported the problem the first time and they said it would be fixed quickly. It wasn't. Reported it again and it still wasn't fixed. Called a third time and they said they won't know when it will be fixed. I wish they had alerted us so that we didn't rely on the automated service twice.

4) TBS & CNN channels didn't work. Requested repair twice and was never fixed.

On the positive side:

1) Great accomodations. I loved the decor. And the beds were sooooo comfortable - what a treat after a long, busy day!

2) Great housekeeping and turndown service! Smiles, smiles, smiles! Their friendliness went a long way to balancing the negatives!

3) Great response from the manager and Sheraton Corp. We reported everything to the manager and Sheraton after our stay. They called back in less then 24 hours and we worked everything out. They were professional and made me feel confident that the problems we encountered wouldn't happen again!

its ok..but do the staff write some reviwes?

by TripAdvisor Member SimonLancaster

the place is fine..lobby a shambles bar and retaurant forgetit.. but who needs them when your in the middle of chelsea. avoid rooms near the dreaded ice machine ...all you will hear is clunk clunk clunk all night! $160 per night is the limit ..its not worth more. coffe in room a nice touch..um yeh its ok.. but five out of five..no way. maybe the staff write some of the reviews

Outstanding service

This is a fantastic hotel! The rooms are well-appointed and comfortable, and has been mentioned before, the staff is outstanding. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a stylish, hip hotel in a great neighborhood, though the rooms are probably too small to accommodate nore than 2 adults. If you are traveling by yourself, or with your significant other, though, this is an outstanding hotel.

Gave our room away

We had reservations at the Chelsea Sheraton. Upon arrival, we were informed that our room was not available because the previous occupants didn't check out. What are reservations for? The staff was unprofessional in both attire and attitude. The rates were also high for a lobby that was a dump.

sheraton at 160 West 25th Street??

by ajaysydney

is the sheraton at the above address in an accessable enough location to enjoy new york?

the reason i ask is because it is a good brand hotel for $189 a night. Compated to the sheraton westin on times square at $329 night, this is a massive difference. I am trying to see if its worth enjoying the quality of a hotel, or forgetting it, the location is way off. Obviously I will onlybe sleeping in the hotel during my trip, HOWEVER if this is a chance to also sleep in NYC in style why not.

Too good to be true or its worth the lower rate?
I'm wanting something close enough to the sights, and safe and enjoyable enough in the evening to wander around and eat/coffee/crowd.

would like to hear your comments.

by JVANYC

The location is great. I don't know anything about the hotel though.

Re: Re: sheraton at 160 West 25th Street??

by sunlovey

IF you want to be closer to Times Square I suggest the Hampshire hotel & suites. See my tip.

by catpause

The "Times Square" area is about 42nd street to 54th. You will be a bit out of the way on 25th. I always stay at Best Western Presidential at 48th between 8th and 9th. Prices have always been better than what you quoted. See my tip on my New York page.

Have fun!

by catpause

Have fun!

by joesorce

This is the former Chelsea Grand hotel. It is not a Sheraton but a "Four Points by Sheraton" property which is the more budget-minded end of the Sheraton group. So I would not consider it staying "in style". It is a budget hotel, small rooms, few amenities, no restaurant or room service etc. Nice and clean and close to the subway. I don't think $189 is a good rate here unless it is a busy week...I have seen it for $139-$149 on expedia and other web specials.

Re: Re: sheraton at 160 West 25th Street??

by ajaysydney

excellent thanks for clearing up the thoughts from those who live/visited there before.

cheers