Four Seasons New York

Four Seasons Hotel New York
Hotels.com Booking.com Tingo.com

Costs 48% more than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Marlfox's Profile Photo

Little gem of a big hotel

The hotel is very elegant and luxurious, and just what you want when you get back from a long days sightseeing. It has a great location, and due to the fact that there arent that many hotels in the area, its not too overcrowded with tourists.

The room was of a good size, decent bedding and all clean etc etc. Nice hotel, with decent restaurants. I'll be staying again next time im in NY.

Unique Quality: The building itself is worth a look, as its the highest hotel in New York. It has a fantastic location- just 3 parks away from Central Park and Bloomingdales- where most people will want to be heading. The hotel is located within a one-half mile radius of Saks Fifth Avenue, Carnegie Hall, Museum of Modern Art, Radio City Music Hall, St. Patrick's Cathedral and Rockefeller Center. The Theater District, Times Square, Grand Central Station, Lincoln Center and the United Nations Building are within a one-mile radius. The Empire State Building, Madison Square Garden and Penn Station are within a two-mile radius.

Directions: Opposite Madison Square Gardens

• cjg1's Profile Photo

What a place. If you can afford it (I can't)

Havent stayed in the rooms. But the lounge is wonderful.

Unique Quality: I use the lounge of this hotel as a nice place to go and have a good drink in a good atmosphere. Although they average $20 per drink that is enough to fill the glass twice. And they are wonderful. Even if you cant stay here I recommend coming by and trying one or two.

• cherish's Profile Photo

Impeccable service

I stayed here December 2003. We had a huge room and a gorgeous bathroom. The beds are out of this world and the tub fills up in 60 seconds. The doorman offers to take your bags when you return from shopping and the concierge scored reservations and car requirements efficiently and quickly. The restaurant 57/57 serves a great breakfast and ...I don't know, you just feel so pampered when you're here. The modern I.M.Pei designed building is glorious. I will be staying there again this summer. It is pricey but money well spent if you want real service.

More about Four Seasons New York

Disapointed

by TripAdvisor Member luxurytraveler

Stayed at this property with my two dogs using a free night certificate I had received from Four Seasons. I live in NY, but needed to stay at a hotel one night after a terrible wind storm knocked out power to my home for four days. I had stayed at the hotel four months after it opened back in the late 90's and was truly impressed. However, this stay was a disapointment. The room decor is stark and cold. The carpeting both inside the room and in the hallways was stained. The bed felt a bit worn and not as comfy as I remembered it. The food at the hotel, particularly breakfast, is outrageously priced (about $80 to $100 for two, with tip and taxes). Worst of all, the service at the hotel is inconsistent. Reception staff were welcoming, but other staff were not as obliging. When I called housekeeping to inquire about why I had still not received the dog bowls I requested 20 minutes prior, there was no effort made to apologize or expedite the delivery even after I explained that I needed to leave the room for a restaurant reservation. There was only one doorman stationed at 57th Street to handle guest needs and I had to wait 45 minutes for my car! When I came across a maid who was doing turn-down service on our floor, I asked her to do our room while we were inside because once we left, we did not want staff to enter our room alone with the dogs present. She refused to do our turn down at that time, saying someone else was assigned to our room and would come later. I am an avid fan of Four Seasons hotels, but management does not seem to be on top of things here. Maybe I was spoiled, having just returned from the Four Seasons-George V in Paris five days before this.

Excellent Stay at an Excellent Property!!!!

You will love the Four Seasons!!!!!!

We just returned from our stay at the Four Seasons and we loved every minute of our stay. We stayed in a Deluxe Room and the room was very spacious and comfortable - everything you could want in your home away from home!!! King sized bed, separate changing area, seating area w/ desk and couch, marble bath w/ stall shower and separate bath. Flat screen TV (w/ swivel) in bed area, as well as a small flat screen in the bath.

Aside from the wonderful accomodations, the staff was friendly and attentive to any requests. Room service was a treat, especially loved the breakfast - food was always delivered by the time stated and served at perfect serving temperature.

We absolutely loved every minute of our stay and can't wait to go back!!!

Perfection

by TripAdvisor Member jmalux

There is something magical about the FS New York. From the moment you step into this hotel you relax completely due to the amazing staff, the fantastic guest rooms and impressive public areas. We stayed four nights in a deluxe room and enjoyed it fully. Awesome bathroom with great water pressure and great Bulgari toiletries.

In most hotels there are small details that start annoying you after a while but this is not the case here. It's truly perfection in all details.

The gym is quite well equipped but it could be improved.

We were told that the restaurant Fiftyseven Fiftyseven will close completely for three months during the winter for remodelling.

Definitely among the world's best hotels.

was it worth it?

not perfect but..... restaurant needed later hours for a friday night. and saturday was brunch til 2:00pm. we wanted lunch. room service was nice and a treat, however it was expensive- 17% gratuity, $6.00 room charge and an additional 13% tax. we loved our anniversary package, and being called by name was great. don't call down to the conceirge or you will be on hold for up to 20 minutes, it's better if you just show up. the house cars were a real convenience and they were free. we were driven in a royles royce and mercedes sedan. the spa was wonderful. i had the waterfall facial and it was superb, i was disappointed that some of the spa services were advertised but no longer available. overall- very expensive but worth it if it is your anniversary

very average room at the 4seasons nyc

by TripAdvisor Member davehome1

stayed on the 48th floor with a spectacular room, with some issues. the room is extremely average for a fourseasons. the decor was like a dorm room with very few amenities. the location is good, the lobby is beautiful. I would choose the ritz or st regis next time.

Top marks for design

by TripAdvisor Member Londoner5870

The most striking thing about the Four Seasons is the beauty of its design. It's just incredibly classy for an American hotel: tasteful, elegant, stylish and imposing yet relaxing. The reception area is glorious and all the public areas feel a world away from the bustle of the New York streets.

The rooms are huge, too. Light wood makes them feel spacious, but the sitting areas and classy bathrooms are achieved by devoting real space to them. Too many places in New York can feel like a rabbit-hutch, but there's no danger of that at the Four Seasons.

So why one star short of perfection? Well, it's not quite stress-free as a place to stay. One day my room wasn't made up until almost 4pm; requests for things missing from the room (a corkscrew, a battery for the wireless keyboard) took a fair while to process; and the check-out procedure was complicated by the wrong charges being assigned to my account. They're comparatively minor things, but given the prices it's not too much to ask for them to be sorted out. Worth noting the maid said the delay in cleaning the room was caused by too much work for individual staff members.

And beware some of the extra charges. The limo service from the airport is efficient, but it should be at $175. On planning the return trip to the airport, the concierge kind-of declined to come up with an alternative to the limo - even though a cab outside the hotel would have been a third of the price.

It's still one of the very nicest places to stay in the city, and you'd have to be Mr Hyper-Pernickety not to enjoy it to a very signficant degree. But it could do just a little bit better if it wants to be one of the world's greatest hotels.

Comments