Grand Hyatt New York

Park Avenue at Grand Central Terminal, New York City, New York, 10017, United States

Hotels.com Booking.com amextravel.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• dlparker's Profile Photo

Lame Hotel

Upon checking in we got to our room, there was plaster that had fallen from the cieling all over the room.
    After we got moved rooms finally got to sleep.
    Maid started trying to come in to clean the room at 7:30 am !!
    Then the next morning, security came to my room at 6 am saying they had a wake up call for me and couldnt get through on my phone ? ( i had scheduled no wake up calls) .
    The hotel is very 80s looking and the rooms are very run down inside.
    They do not even have hair dryers in the bathroom.
    no high speed internet
    Local calls cost 1.50 for 30 mins and 10 cents a minute after that

Unique Quality: It does have a good location as it is next to Grand Central station but I would not stay here again.
    Note, the front desk told us that in 2004 the hotel is going to undergo a 40 million dollar renovation. Its well past time believe me.

• LysDor's Profile Photo

GRAND HYATT HOTEL

It is a superior first class, dramatic, 35 story hotel with mirrored facade and dazzling atrium lobby complete with waterfall, located adjacent to Grand Central Station at Park Avenue and Forty-Second Street

It's easy to arrive from the airport by New York Airport Service. The station is almost opposite the hotel at: Grand central - 125 Park Avenue - Between 41st. & 42nd Street.

But what it comes to rooms, there could be a bit more to expect after the splendour of the lobby!
    Only recommended for it's excellent location and morning breakfast!!
    -------------------------------------------------
    Behind the hotel is the awesome Chrystler Building

• goingsolo's Profile Photo

Grand Hyatt, 42nd between Park...

The Grand Hyatt is a great hotel in a great location in midtown Manhattan. The hotel is connected to Grand Central Station and is located between Park and Lexington Avenues on 42nd Street.

Regular rooms are pretty spacious by New York City standards. There's nothing extraordinary about the rooms except, perhaps, their price. But, in the city, affordable hotel rooms are hard to come by. The lobby bar gets pretty lively on weekend nights as well and the restaurant serves descent food.

Unique Quality: None really except for the location.

Directions: 42nd Street between Park and Lexington Avenues, adjacent to Grand Central Station.

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo

When staying in New York, my...

When staying in New York, my first choice hotel would be the Grand Hyatt in midtown. I choose it because of it's convenient location (right next to Grand Central!), and how accessible it is to every major city sight! It's a grand hotel, indeed, and the rooms are always comfortable and the concierge service is always helpful.

More about Grand Hyatt New York

Need Help choosing a hotel

by SarahSue8983

I'm trying to choose from the following hotels for my trip to NYC the week before Christmas. I want to stay in Manhattan, central to all the sites, looking to spend ~$150-$200/night for 4-5 nights. Any help or advice on these or other recommended accomodations would be appreciated.(I'm a young person, this is my first time to NYC, I plan to go out and see the sites/party-I need someplace to stay that will accomodate this)Thanks!

The Time Hotel
Hotel QT
Helmsley Middletowne

by times_square

The Time Hotel is in the middle of theatre district aka Broadway.
The Qt is on the edge of the theatre district. Someone I know stayed there and said the bathrooms were a bit unusual.
Both should be fine for a youn person alone.
If you want to be in the "hustle and bustle" of Times Square these two are
the ones.

Don't know about the other two hotels.

by kedada

There's a Holiday Inn in Midtown, Manhatten. It's very decent. If you need to email me I am at kedada@msn.com.

by seematt

Young? First time in NY? Want to Party? you should be staying at a hostel! You can get private rooms in most of them and you'll meet some cool people. Try the Big Apple hostel near times square, or check out www.hostelz.com for the ratings...Always stay at hostels, you'll meet some great folks and have some great times...

RE: RE: Need Help choosing a hotel

by SarahSue8983

Absolutely not! No hostels when I'm in my own country-I expect MUCH more out of hotels in this country! I want a nice hotel to celebrate a reunion with my old roommates from this past summer in Rome. (some are from NYC, the rest of us are meeting there) For $150-$200/night I can find a nice place to stay, I just need help choosing which one...

by curlyq

Hi. I always stay at the Super 8 Times Square. This is a really nice hotel located at 59 West 46th Sts, just a block or so away from the hustle and bustle of Times Sq. You are very central and the hotel offers continental breakfast, spacious rooms, and good prices. Try super8.com or 1-800-800-8000.

RE: RE: Need Help choosing a hotel

by devil66

SarahSue,
I have heard good things about The Time Hotel and Hotel QT. I have stayed at the Grand Hyatt New York and it was very nice. I imagine that the Helmsley is nice as well - it is a big name. The constraint I see is the prices are probably higher than $150-200. If you can get a good deal, book early. The time you are here is a very expensive hotel time.

Be careful of the Super 8. Supposedly, they have a bedbug problem from the reviews at tripadvisor.

by times_square

are you sure you are able to find hotels for $150-200/night
seems rather low
but if you can, book it ASAP

Comments