377 Greenwich St., New York City, New York, 10013, United States
LHW.com Booking.com MrandMrsSmith.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

More about Greenwich Hotel

DO we have to leave already?DO we have to leave already?

fox newsfox news

dangdang

pork bun goodnesspork bun goodness

Roosevelt Hotel in December 2010

by DMB1

I recently spent a couple of days in New York in Dec 2009 and stayed in the Roosevelt on Madison. I completely loved my time in New York. Im planning on heading back this December and want to stay in the Roosevelt again. But, i've tried booking via expedia, ebookers and it says the Roosevelt isn't available in December. I also tried their own website and it says its not available. Does anyone know the reason why this would be?

Thanks in advance
Mark
Belfast

by travelmad478

It's possible that the hotel is planning to close for refurbishment (and not a moment too soon, in my opinion). There are many better places to stay in NY anyway, so I wouldn't be too concerned that you'll be shut out of a room.

by DMB1

The hotel was exactly what we where were looking for though, clean tidy and the location was perfect! Any other suggestions in and around the Roosevelt or Grand Central

by goodfish

I might suggest writing them an email on the "contact us" section of their website?

It almost never happens but I wonder if your dates are just too far out? I see they don't even list prices for early winter. Whatever, drop them an email via the link above - I'm sure they'll get back to you!

by 10028

It's much too early to book for December. By the way, a very picky friend recently stayed at the Roosevelt. She said that, while the furnishings were dated, it was very clean. In fact, she said it was the only hotel room she would consider taking a bath in because it was so clean. That's high praise for her, as she travels frequently.

by Odinnthor

Not familiar withe Roosevelt Hotel, but have seen it of course. If you are looking for some nice understated class, then I would recommend the Greenwich Hotel. Owned by Robert DeNiro, he has backed a really nice property. Yes, I stayed there basically based on DeNiros involvement (yup, shallow, I know). I was however not disappointed. Check it out.

by goodfish

You? Shallow? Not a chance!!!!!

by Odinnthor

.........d:o)

(you know, the "d" on my smiley face is a baseball cap turned sideways, - a little pretentious eh....an old(er) hip hop dude....) heh heh

by ter1413

Have you tried calling them directly??

Travel Tips for New York City

Rent... no day but today!

by digivixen

I absolutely loved Broadway, my favourite show being Jonathon Larson's RENT.

Our concierge earned his tips by advising us foreigners on the Broadway lottery - by rocking up to a show a couple hours early and going into a ticket lottery for $20 tickets!

Sure enough, we scored ourselves a couple of cheapy tickets (normal price is $100 a pop!) and had an absolutely awesome night!

Crossroads of the World

by meenmo

I would say, the most important thing will be New York City's transportations system. Its the backbone of the city. I will deffinately bring my guest to ride the Subway no matter for near or far distances its worth the experience. But, I cannot say its 100% falseless, as at times when I'm in a hurry they were technical and very impunctual problems day or night. And the sad thing is the city's gonna raise the fare soon which I find it unfair as they should improve the ammenities and service first. I would miss the Sceneries of the city's skyline, bridges, streets, buildings and of course people from all nations.

The one place that I love the...

by Zsuzsi21

The one place that I love the most when I was there was Fire Island. That place is so great and gives me so many memories of when I was last there. To get there, you have to take a ferryboat. I best thing is Fire Island. When I was last there...there was tons of people there just enjoying the beautiful weather. They sure were enjoying it to especially some of the woman that were going topless there...I happen to even be one of them:) I remember it even a few days afterwards too since I sure got a good sunburn on quite a bit of my body even though I put lotion on my body. A bunch of my friends even played a game of touch football on the sand. I really enjoyed that.

Easy Internet Cafe

by barbskie

Getting online must not be missed. Located between 7th and 8th Ave. next to Madame Taussauds at 42nd St. The world's largest and very close to the heart of Times Square. It has a high speed internet access to it's many locations across Europe and the U.S.

What the heck... hale (sp?) a cab.

by beaniezotzim

haleing a cab in New York City is just something that must be done by every tourist. and It is pretty darn easy to master. I thought this was one of the most interesting aspects to NYC. In Los Angeles, you have to actually CALL a cab to come pick you up at a location, but not here... they are literally EVERYWHERE. so give it a shot... hale a cab!

Comments