Hampton Inn New York Chelsea

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Hampton Inn New York Chelsea

Fabulous Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member KyWalker

The rooms are immaculately clean and have a very cool chic & trendy look.
Linens were fresh and very clean.The free morning breakfast is great. The staff is superb. From the front desk to the bell hop our every need was met. I have stayed there three times now and have made the Hampton Inn - Chelsea my hotel when I travel to NYC. :-)

I LOVE THIS PLACE

Nice property

by TripAdvisor Member PHXroadwarrior

I have stayed here quite a few times and agree with most of what the other reviewers have said, but have a couple small points some of the others missed.

The Enterprise Rent-a-Car next door is a great asset because it is a huge hassle to rent a car in the city most of the time. The convenience of this location is great.

Request a room away from the ice machine because for many of the rooms it will be right outside (like a foot away!) the door and you hear every person from 2 floors worth of rooms getting their ice as it clunk clunk clunks into their ice bucket.

I found the rooms to be smallish and even the hallways tight, as the property was built on a small footprint but the rooms are great and quite well appointed with all of Hampton's new amenities like lap desks and curved shower rods.

If you are planning to enjoy the Chelsea night life this place is a 5-10 minute walk from all the fun places and is a great base of operations.

I have also stayed a lot at the Four Points on the next street, and prefer it a bit over the Hampton mainly because the Four Points is more hip and has a fun vibe going on in the lobby, but you cannot go wrong with either of these hotels.

Each time I have come back the staff has acknowledged me as a repeat guest and welcomed me back. Nice touch.

Highly recommended.

I heart NY!!!

by TripAdvisor Member tw0happytravellers

We visited New York for a long weekend at the end of April and the only word to describe it is amazing!
The Hampton Inn had not been our original choice but due to a mix up with our original hotel we were sent here.
At first the location appears to be a little out of the way however if you are wanting to explore the whole of New York it is an ideal location as it is close to subway stations and is pretty central to both the financial district and times square, empire state etc.
The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful throughout our stay. The room was very clean and surprisingly big after reading general reviews of New York hotels.
There were many added bonuses some of which being a complimentary buffet breakfast, just what you need before a day of walking! There was also complimentary drinks all day and top that cookies!!!
I would advise anyone who is looking for a nice friendly base for exploring to stay here.

Terrific hotel!

Just spent 2 nights at this wonderful hotel in a good neighborhood (West 24th St, off 6th Ave.) With a good chain you know what to expect, and this exceeded all expectations. Comfortable beds, very clean, excellent shower, and outstanding buffet breakfast (included) with hot and cold selections in a lovely breakfast room with outside patio. Subway around the corner. Good restaurants. We had to be near St. Vincent Medical Center for family surgery. It is 12 short blocks away or 1 subway stop. Nothing in NY is cheap, but we felt that this was well worth the money. Will definitely return.

Clean, quiet, comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member peacefulBrooklyn_NY

This hotel was clean, quiet, comfortable, and well decorated. The staff was competent, courteous, and professional. The snack and water bottle left in the room was a nice touch, and the free breakfast was decent. The location can't be beat. A little pricey, but if you can get a deal or a special, it is well worth it.

Good value in NYC

A nice small hotel that offers good value and has made the most its limited space. Rooms are clean and pleasantly decorated in a contemporary style; rooms with two double beds are quite generous by Manhattan standards. Reasonable rates include a decent continental breakfast and morning USA Today newspaper on weekdays; coffee and juice are available during the day, too. Parking is available at a nearby lot. A Whole Foods market at the end of the block has a good salad/takeout section. Nearby neighborhood flea markets are fun on the weekend. Hotel is located 10 blocks south of Macy's and Penn Station, and it's also an easy walk to the always enteraining ABC Carpet/Furnishings.

Horrible Stay

All I can say is never again. I've tried staying at this hotel 3 times and 3 times I have been reloacated to another hotel because the Hamptom Inn was oversold. The staff is probably the most unproffesional I have ever seen. The housekeepers were hanging out, sitting in the hallways after they fininshed cleaning rooms. There was a tour group at the hotel and the bellman delivering the bags to these folks was walking around wearing a 'wife-beater' t-shirt. On my 2nd trip there, after I got back from where the hotel initally relocated me from, I was checked into a dirty room. That really was not a big deal considering I was on my way out. But, when I got back to the hotel later that evening, the room was still not cleaned. Instead of having the room cleaned, the woman at the front desk offered to send up new linens and toiletries becasue the hskping staff was gone for the day. Well, the good thing about this was, since I was a Hilton Honors member, the folks at Hilton Honors refunded my whole stay. I have found out that this is a Hilton property in namesake only. It is owned by a private corp. Well, the staff needs to be re-trained.

Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Ann_Ireland

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights in August and then travelled around the East coast and this was by far the best hotel that I stayed in. The rooms were big and clean with spacious beds. The breakfast was a very plesant surprise as I had not expected such a big choice. I really cannot say enough about how nice this hotel was and how pleasant and friendly the staff were. The laundry facilities are also a great service. I would have no hesitation in staying here again or recommending this to my friends.

great hotel!

I stayed at this hotel 5 nights and I loved it.

The room was clean, the view was great (I saw the Empire State Building and the Crysler building), and the breakfast was really good.

The staff was very nice.

The location of the hotel at 24 th at 6 th avenu is very good. Short distance to the big shops on 34 th street and not so far away from soho. I personally like 6 th avenu better then the other avenues because it's a little less crowded.

For those who smoke, beware there is a rat in the back yard, but hey this new york!

I would like to stay there again and I would recommend this hotel to my friends.

No problems

Stayed here for 2 nights in mid October. Staff were very helpful/friendly and the rooms were like a good Holiday Inn in UK. Good standard of decore and the inclusive continental breakfast a bonus. Within easy walking distance of all the shops and sights around Times Square. Would definitly stay here again although a bit pricey.

Rockefeller plazaRockefeller plaza

concrete jungleconcrete jungle

waiting for my flight to bostonwaiting for my flight to boston

2 lazers at Ground Zero2 lazers at Ground Zero

Minskoff Theatre

by SandiM

My mother and I are off to see Lion King in a week and a bit, and wondered about dress codes for Broadway plays. We are going to the 2pm matinee on a Saturday, and given the hot weather, what can we get away with? Capris with a dressy tank top and walking shoes is ok?

by dustmon

certainly that would be fine---in summer and a matinee, there will be a huge mix of styles shown! Students usually go to the matinees and will be all over the map, so to speak, clothing-wise---be comfortable, life is short!

dustmon

by zuriga

The old days of people dressing up for the theater in NYC are over and have been for years. For a matinee, certainly in the heat.. anything goes!

by 10028

Some theaters crank up the air conditioning. You might want to carry a wrap or light sweater in case it's too cold.

by von.otter

Your plan to wear Capri pants sounds perfect with the dressy top. Although dressing up has turned to dressing down, too many theatre goers have swung the pendulum too far in the opposite direction. Wearing jeans, t-shirts, flip-flops, although accepted by popular acclamation, do not look right at the theatre. Give life some texture; do not look as if you are returning from washing the car or cleaning the attic. Wear something special and fun; it is a special and fun experience; dress the part.

by Waoife

There's no specific dress code for Broadway theatres (non US spelling I know!!) - some people will dress up but many just go in regular clothes so whatever you feel comfortable in. The advice to bring layers is a good one - as with many places in the US, a lot of shops, theatres etc in NY can be over zealous with the air con in Summer (and the heating in Winter!!).

by clareabee

i think what you are suggesting is fine as others have said people don't seem to use a visit to the theatre to dress up and afternoon performances are even more casual.

I tend to wear a pair of trousers (pants?) and a top and as 10028 has said a pashmina or something is a good idea with the aircon!

Enjoy the lionking!