Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea Hotel

Hilton Garden Inn New York - Chelsea
Booking.com Hotels.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• Diamond in the Ruff

Very nice hotel with the best bed I have ever slept on. Hotel was clean and very satisfied with stay. Booked online at hilton.com and prepaid for hotel with gave us a $140 US rate with no cancellation rights. Neighboorhood looked a bit run down and did not spend anytime there except to go to or from the hotel.

Unique Quality: Clean comfortable stay. Workout facilities but did not use them. Deal with parking garage for $35 a day if you get a sticker at the front desk. Parking garage 1 block east on 28th north side.

More about Hilton Garden Inn Chelsea Hotel

Great Stay!

by TripAdvisor Member Little_Feet_x6

I got tickets to the Martha Stewart show and needed a hotel close by. This place was brand new, clean, friendly and well located! The rooms were small but had a microwave, coffee maker and a fridge. We ordered from room service (provided by a local restaurant) and had a great meal at a REALLY reasonable price. We also had their buffet breakfast - also a good price. All in all - if you want to explore Chelsea, the fashion district and shop at Macy's this is the place for you!

Central location

by TripAdvisor Member TCARBONNEL

Well, to summarize :
- room are quite big for Manhattan, where usually hotel room are ver small
- the hotel seems to be very recent or renovated, so everything is nice and clean
- sympachic personnel
- good breakfast

However,my room was noisy - even on the 18th floor- street trafic wake up me a 2:00 AM the first night and, the second night my neighbour were a bit noisy. Insulation could be better. So, if you are sensitive to the noise, this is maybe not the best place. But as you might know Manhattan is noisy at any time,including night, so this is very difficult actually to find a noiseless central hotel.

I might come back but asking a room even at a higher floor.

Small, affordable, and convenient

by TripAdvisor Member miarjay

I booked a two night stay at the HGI Chelsea through my booking system at work. I am a travel counselor so I received a great agent rate for $94.50 a night. This was my first time staying in Manhattan and I was very pleased! The hotel staff was very helpful. They were knowledgeable of the area which helped us a great deal. This hotel was clean and new (love new properties). The television featured at least 200 cable channels. We were very pleasantly surprised to discover that. The hotel is also close to Penn station which was helpful since we took the train up from Philadelphia. We only paid about $5 in cab fare for that. Our stay at the HGI Chelsea was great overall. I would definitely stay there again.

Perfect and Convenient!

by TripAdvisor Member RoostyNY

My husband & I stayed here because we were seeing a concert at MSG. It is a very short walk to the Garden and Penn Station. The rooms are not large but no too tiny either. From the window in our room, we got a PERFECT view of the Empire State Building. (That was pretty cool!) The TV is a flat screeen HDTV with loads of channels. Other posters had only one complaint about the slow elevators...we must have got lucky because at no time did we have to wait long at all..(although we were there on a weekday...)

I am glad we decided to stay here!

Clean and nice features

by TripAdvisor Member patmfitz

This is my new favorite for the area - the place is newly renovated so it's clean. The room has a refrigerator, microwave, flat-screen hdtv with a HD cable tv with channel guide. Free bottled water in the room, and free high-speed internet (wired and wi-fi). Printer access in the lobby. Fresh baked cookies in the evening!

Great location

by TripAdvisor Member larklaw

Great rate compared to other hotels in area. Rooms are very clean and new. Tiny but cozy with flat screen tv -nice size bathroom and very nice staff. Location is great---near Penn station-various subways lines in either direction on street ( 28th).
Neutrogena products-lots of hot water and good pressure. Comfy beds.

Surprisingly good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member W17

I stayed here for two nights on business, booking this hotel based on previous reviews. And guess what? The reviews are correct! This place doesn't over-promise - it's not a 5* luxury hotel, but everything is clean, calm and well cared-for. My room was a good size (for Manhattan standards). It looked newly fitted-out. Bathroom was clean and new - shower had lots of power. And it was quiet at night. Breakfast was easy going and friendly. I would definitely stay here again - the $299 rate I paid was good value from a business travel perspective.

Good Quality

by TripAdvisor Member MistyLaw2

This hotel is new, clean and of a good standard. It's on 28th Street, a short walk from Madison Sq Gdn and Penn Station.
Rooms are okay in size, not massive but adequate and good for the price. I paid 100GBP through the Hilton website.
I missed having an in-room safe and the elevators are a bit slow but neither of these was a major hassle.
Staff were friendly and helpful. I'd stay here again if watching my pennies.

Hidden Gem- Not a grand hotel but cosy & comfortable

by TripAdvisor Member NilesD72

This hotel opened in mid 2007 but it is still unknown to many cabbies. It does not come with a lot of fanfare that grand hotels bring. It is simple and elegant and being a new hotel, it offers the crisp, neat, clean and comfortable experience.

It is located on 28th between 5th & 6th Aves and is a 2 min walk from the Subway. Internet is free and beds are comfortable. My room on the 22nd floor had a great view of the Empire State Building. Hot breakfast is above average.

The hotel is a pricey but still below many other brand name hotels (but then hotels in NY are ridiculously priced).

I forgot my laptop cable in my room. Called the hotel and they kept is for me at the front desk to pick it up.

Comments