Hilton New York

1335 Avenue of the Americas, New York City, New York, 10019, United States

New York Hilton Midtown
Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• hilton avenue of the americas new york city

we bought this as part of a charity package for the United Way (stayed there September1-4,2011)...paid much more because it was for a good cause...four nights in a room with terrible view, stained and even burned-looking sofa cushions, burned-out lightbulbs, non-working reading lamp, dirty or stained floor tiles, no bathtub, dirty coffee pot with no refills, no directory or tv guide in room, few amenities,dirty room-service tray with left-over food sat out all evening and night and was even there next morning when we left our room...talked to front desk and they said that's what Winspire package included...sorry! Another guest checked in at last-minute...paid only $125 a night and was even up-graded! Not fair, but from now on we will just contribute directly to a charity rather than having such a bad experience !

Directions: centrally located

• STAY AWAY

No AC in rooms.

Hi noise level

Slow elevators

Crazy prices in second rate cafe. A glass of Pinot Grigio $13.50 not shown on menu.

Restaurant manager clueless.

Stains on couch in room and on sheets.

Per day fee $14-$18 for internet access

Static on some TV channels

$14+ in room movie price, no rewind feature, or 24 hr play back.

• linnyloo's Profile Photo

Well placed, comfortable hotel.

We stayed in a one bedroom suite on the 42nd floor. I booked at least 11 months in advance as we would be there over New Year and I KNEW the accomodations would go through the roof. I used the hotel website - got an excellent rate, and noted that the ORDINARY rooms cost more than our suite the closer we got to check in date. The suite had a view of the Hudson river to the left as well as a view of Central Park.
    I hated the bathroom which was very dated and not practical. I did mention it on my review and I was astonished to receive a reply from managment appologising and stating that they had passed on my observations!
    Otherwise, the beds (2 doubles for 4 of us) were very comfortable, the lounge was great, spacious, there was a stocked mini bar and an empty fridge for our own use - hooray!! We had breakfast every morning in the executive lounge - always a wait for a seat and always busy - but good food!
    On check in at 5 pm, our suite was not ready. I complained about this as official check in was at 15.00 hrs. I was given vouchers for a 3 course meal for 4 of us at The New York Market Place - the restaurant downstairs. It was an excellent meal and came to well over $170! We were delighted and of coarse...happy to wait!
    The hotel was full for New Year (over 6000 people we were told by a manager), they had additional and strict security measures in place which we appreciated.
    WE saw all the crowds stretching from Times sqaure all the way up to 54th street - and it was FREEZING!! It has snowed during the day and was one of the coldest New Years Evev on record. We watched AMAZING fire works over Central Park from our warm cosy suite at midnight - what a pleasure.
    The hotel is fabulously placed for all the tourist attractions - walking distance - and I would stay again if I got the right price.

• tojoh's Profile Photo

A disappointment

The New York Hilton was a bit disappointing. I have stayed at Hilton hotels before, in Bali and Vancouver and although these two hotels were very different, they were both excellent. The New York Hilton is not.

I know that hotel accommodation in New York City is very expensive, but after paying 305 USD a night (which was a special conference rate), I had expected better service and a more stream lined experience than the one I got.

The location is ideal for almost any visitor to New York. On the corner of 53rd Street and Avenue of the Americas, it is a short walk away from Broadway, Times Square, Central Park, MoMA, 5th Avenue shopping and more.
    The hotel employees were all helpful and accommodating. Service could still be hard to come by: We were waiting in line to check in, to check out, and to get into the dining room… And the bleeping elevators were always busy.

First of all, I was shocked to find that after paying 305 USD including tax a night, breakfast was not included. After waiting in line to get into the dining room for breakfast, I found out that the continental breakfast was USD 26 and the American breakfast USD 29. The dining room itself was like a hangar – huge and noisy. So we had breakfast around the corner.

I attended a conference at the Hilton and lunch was included. There was a choice between 5 different kinds of sandwiches, served in a cardboard box with a bag of chips and a cookie. The sandwiches were good and healthy, but the cardboard box was dreary.

Directions: Ideal for almost any visitor to New York. On the corner of 53rd Street and Avenue of the Americas.

• unless Paris is there skip the Hilton

New York is a great city but this hotel while centrally located, is worn out and just plain gross. I am easy to please and typically have great things to say about most places I stay but the level of housekeeping and CS at this hotel was so bad I am compelled to let you all know.

Directions: midtown

• jlpretty's Profile Photo

Hilton

I was there right before the Republican National Convention so the streets were deserted. The accomadations at the Hilton were very nice and comfortable.
    I would recommend staying here because it is in a good location in Manhattan.

Unique Quality: TV in the Elevator

• Dutchnatasja's Profile Photo

Hilton New York; perfect location!

After the Milford Plaza, Helmsley Park Lane and Park Central we decided to stay in the Hilton New York. We were very positive after reading some reviews on the internet. So we were happy with our choice. We’ve stayed in the Hilton New York from may 1st till may 8th.

The hotel is located at West 53rd Street and Avenue of the Americas. It is a large hotel with many guests, but with the enormous lobby it never looked crowded. There’s a special check-in for HHonors Gold members. It’s located across the main reception. It was nice that we didn’t have to wait at the check–in desk.

The room:
    We didn’t have a renovated room, but it didn’t bother us. The beds and pillows where very comfortable; beautiful white linens, it was all so clean. The room was quite large, not bad at all for New York. The view was not spectacular. Only on the higher floors you’ll have Central Park views.

Breakfast:
    Because we’re HHonors Gold members our breakfast was complimentary. We had breakfast every morning in New York Marketplace. We could choose from the cold buffet. If we wanted the full American Breakfast Buffet we had to pay extra. For us the continental breakfast was enough. There was plenty of choice of pastries, Ciabatta bread, different kinds of cheese, ham, fresh fruit, coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice. During the week it wasn’t crowdie in the restaurant.

Overall:
    We really enjoyed our stay. The location was perfect! The premiere of Mission Impossible did take place in a movie theater called the Ziegfeld Theatre next door. The red carpet was already strolling out, people were waiting. The view from our hotel on the red carpet was perfect (see picture). We decided to go back to our room to wait for a few hours. I never saw Tom Cruise, because I fell asleep (thanks heavenly beds!)………..aaahh!! When I woke up he was already gone!

The only negative thing was that I found this hotel very expensive. Maybe it was a wrong time of year, because it wasn’t only expensive in the Hilton but also in other hotels like Park Central.

Directions: On Avenue of the Americas (6th Ave.) between West 53rd and West 54th Streets

• jackcd's Profile Photo

great location

ny hilton is the largest hotel in nyc and has one of the best locations. it is 4 star and that seems fair. i have bid $125 on priceline and gotten the hilton many times. sometimes i get the sheraton around the corner

Directions: 6th and 53rd

• Great Location

I would never stay anywhere else - I spent 10 days here on a business trip and the room was comfortable, service great and the bed one of the most comfortable I hve slept in.
    Try and stay on a higher floor to enjoy the views and request a room off of the Avenue of the Americas - a little quieter!

Unique Quality: Location, location, location!
    Within walking distance of NBC Studios, Central Park, Carniege Hall - Letterman Theatre and many great restaurants.

• LisaMJ's Profile Photo

Great Location

We stayed at the New York Hilton & Towers, on Avenue of the Americas (6th Avenue).

The location is perfect. Only a few blocks from Central Park, and close to a subway station. Completely safe and felt comfortable at all times.

It's had a makeover, and has a huge circular marble lobby.

Rooms are more than adequate. Ours had a marble bathroom, two double beds, desk, club chair etc - all you needed, and it was mainly a base.

The photo is the view from our window.

The service was very good. Not in anyway personal, but then if it's personal service you want don't go to a Hilton in a big city!

• Frisbeeace's Profile Photo

My pick in the Big Apple

The Hilton is a huge but nice hotel that is in the perfect location for my taste. Rooms are large and comfortable. Service is fine.

Rates are usually good compared to other hotels in the same category. My tip is to visit NYC during weekends when you'll get cheaper rates, the traffic is a lot quieter and the Central Park is a show by itself.

• kumachan200x's Profile Photo

Life in NEW YORK

The Hilton New York has the perfect location at Rockefeller Center. The hotel has completed a sweeping 90 million dollar renovation and redesign to take guest comfort and service to new heights. A favorite hotel of business and leisure travelers, the hotel is just one block from Fifth Avenue shopping, near Broadway Theatres, in the heart of the business and media capital. Spacious guest rooms offer stylishly modern decor featuring WALL*TO*WALL WINDOWS with views of the city skyline. For guests wanting an even higher level of service, the Executive Floor offers A HOTEL*WITHIN*A*HOTEL. Our helpful multilingual staff is eager to make each visit special. A Broadway ticket office, sightseeing and transportation service desks are conveniently located in the hotel lobby. When you're hungry we're ready to serve you at a choice of restaurants, lounges or room service. In the heart of the city - It Happens at the Hilton.

Unique Quality: LaGuardia
    Distance from hotel: 18 mi.
    Drive time: 30 min.
    Directions: Grand Central Parkway to Brooklyn Queens Expressway South to Long Island Expressway West. Follow signs for Queens Midtown Tunnel to 34th Street . Take 34th Street West to Avenue of the Americas (6th Avenue). Make a right and go to 53rd st.
    Bus Service , typical minimum charge is USD 13.00

Limousine , typical minimum charge is USD 90.00

Taxi , typical minimum charge is USD 30.00

JFK International
    Distance from hotel: 25 mi.
    Drive time: 45 min.
    Directions: Van Wyck Expressway North To Long Island Expressway (LIE) West and watch for signs to Queens Midtown Tunnel to 34th street . Go west accross 34th street to Avenue of the Americas (6th Avenue). Make a right and go up the Avenue to 53rd st.
    Bus Service , typical minimum charge is USD 16.00

Limousine , typical minimum charge is USD 100.00

Taxi , typical minimum charge is USD 40.00

Newark International
    Distance from hotel: 13 mi.
    Drive time: 45 min.
    Directions: Look for signs to New Jersey Turnpike (I-95 N) follow signs to Lincoln Tunnel, tunnel exits at west 40th street and 9th ave, drive east on 40th street to Avenue of the Americas and turn left on 53rd street
    Limousine , typical minimum charge is USD 100.00

Rental Car , typical minimum charge is USD 45.00

Taxi , typical minimum charge is USD 40.00

More about Hilton New York

Hilton New York - Executive Floors (1 bedroom suite)

by oceanview20

Hi

I can't seem to find much information about the one bedroom suites at The Hilton New York (avenue of the americas). Has anybody stayed in one before? What is the approximate size? How are they furnished? What is the layout? What are the views like?

Also, how are the executive floor facilities? The lounge's beverage & snack selection? Executive floor staff?

Thank you so much if you can help!

RE: Hilton New York - Executive Floors (1 bedroom suite)

by ellielou

I stay in Hiltons all the time, but not the one you are talking about. If you don't get the answer you are looking for here, you should try a search on tripadvior.com, or look at the Hilton forum on flyertalk.com....

Comments