2.5 out of 5 stars2.5 Stars

Costs about the same, but rated 16% higher than other 2.5 star hotels

More about Holiday Inn New York-JFK Airport

Holiday Inn Airport JFK

by ArenJo about Holiday Inn Airport JFK

The carpet and bed comforter looked quite old, however the room was clean and the water was always hot immediately. The computers do cost to use, I'm not sure how much since that meant I wasn't even going to use them. There is a little shop downstairs where you can get some food and there is also a restauraunt (although I imagine it isn't at all cheap).

What a terrific change

by TripAdvisor Member FloridaBikeMan

I had stayed at this hotel about a year ago and was not all that happy with the service. Well, what a difference a year makes. New staff, new attitude, whole new experience. I will always make the Holiday Inn JFK my hotel of choice when in the area!!!!

Not a great place to stay

by TripAdvisor Member marshalex

Stayed at Holiday Inn JFK for 2 nights as all the hotels in the city and neighbourhood were full. Its easy too see why this still had vacancy!

The reception staff were so up tight that it was almost rude! Arrived at the hotel at 2.50 pm and was told that the check in time was 3 pm!!!! Can you beat that! I was told that they could allot me a room only at 3 as the rooms were being cleaned!

The hotel shuttle to the airport aint too good either. The driver expects a large tip so a fiver won't get him to smile a thank you to you!

The rooms are all very well used and the bed is lumpy and has funny springs! Not a great sleep either!

I would rather stay at any other place but this the next time in NYC!

A free place to sleep

by thelittlevoice about JFK

I stayed with a friend in Brookyn while I was there so I can't really say much about accommodation. When I was on my way back from Puerto Rico(arrived at JFK at 4am), I decided to just stay at the airport. I had another flight to catch at 12pm. I came down to arrival hall at Terminal 4 and a bunch of people were sleeping there so I did too. It was a pretty good sleep. Nobody tried to wake us up or anything though it could get noisy around 6am when they cleaned the place. It's freaking free, man!

convenient

by iaint about Comfort Inn JFK Airport

In many ways a typical airport hotel at a big airport. You take a free shuttle from the airport (see transportation tip) and find the hotel is in an industrial wasteland next to a busy highway.

The room was clean and comfortable. Reasonably quiet. It had a filter coffee maker - useful if jet lagged and waking at 4am. Breakfast was also good enough.

The shuttle back to the airport only runs every hour, so not wonderfully convenient. It is only 5 minutes away, so not sure why that is. Only its convenience for JFK.

Convenient for JFK flight arrivals/departures

by Emile72 about Holiday Inn Express Kennedy Airport

Stayed here one night after late arrival at JFK. Hotel provides free shuttle. Follow the general shuttle signs, quite easy. About a 5 minute drive max to the hotel. As it is an airport hotel, obviously not the most wonderful location. Reception is small. Breakfast place is small, but included in the price. A standard Holiday Inn Express breakfast. Will fill up your stomach before going on your next flight for sure. People are in general friendly and you can loads of stuff with you "to go", even before opening times. Beware, the shuttle buss only runs on the hour on every .30. So make sure you get the correct shuttle buss and hope it is not too full.
The rooms are pleasantly nice, new and clean. For an airport hotel, it is recommended. We paid 106USD.

Good JFK lodgings option

by WhiteMughal about Holiday Inn Express

Returning to this stuff MUCH later. Yes, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. Yes, the room was very nice and the complimentary breakfast tasty. I discovered that hotels with free air shuttle were more numerous than I thought. I found that out while waiting at Federal Circle for the Holiday Inn van to come. That part of my overall trip went pretty smoothly. Except returning to JFK from the hotel. I think there were some people who might not have been checked in at the hotel but were trying to get themselves and their luggage to the hotel free anyway. There was some pretty testy exchanges between the van driver and these people. Ended up not mattering, but there were a few tense moments there. I felt I was getting some "East Coast culture" exposure on the house, as in "push and shout and you get your way".

Maybe Holiday Inn wasn't the only option I had, but it turned out to be worthwhile. I didn't bring my laptop along, so I had to buy time on one of the two computers to do email and look up stuff.

Disgusting Digs

by dgines about Ramada Plaza Hotel at JFK

This is a horrible hotel. It's one of those hotels where you don't want to walk around barefoot in the room and you have to check to see if the towels and sheets are clean before you use them.

I think the hotel stays in business because it's where the airlines put up folks who are stranded at the airport for one reason or another.

You'd be better off going to another hotel near the airport since the shuttles for all the hotels pick up at the same location. Dirty, dirty, dity

$27 breakfast buffet

JFKJFK

@ JFK@ JFK

at jfkat jfk

JFK AirportJFK Airport

JFK

by Carolyn3

rather than have a seven hour layover after a trip to greece and turkey, then flying to LAX arriving at midnight, is there a close, cheap, place to stay the night and start again the next morning from JFK?
thanks in advance,