234 West 42nd Street, New York City, New York, 10036, United States

Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• Terrible Stay

My stay at this hotel was deplorable. When we first entered the hotel room, the rug was wet. We weren't sure why. We had four women staying in the room. The first person to take a shower discovered why the rug was wet. The shower in a handicap room has no tub. Just the floor with a drain. Apparently the drain was broken/clogged. The entire bathroom fukked with water and was not draining. So much so, that the rug in the room got wet. We are not talking an hour long shower either...it was 5 minutes. The rest of was were unable to take a shower and/ or even dress in the bathroom. I went to the front desk to lodge a complaint. The manager said they had never had a complaint before about the room (which I later found out from one of the people from engineering was a lie). In any case, the manager said he would have engineering have a look at it and leave me a voice mail. We went out. Upon retunrning to my room later that evening, there was no voicemail.The next morning, the first person went to take a shower. Again the same problem occurred, only worse. At this point I was VERY unhappy. We asked housekeeping in the hall to send up a mall and they said they would. After 20 minutes, I knew they would not send one up. I again contacted a manager. It was a different person. This time I had asked at the very least for a mop to be sent up. She said said that she would do so and check into the problem. Another 1/2 hour goes by. The mop was never sent. It was impossible for us to dress in the bathroom, never mind take a shower. It was an absolutely aweful experience. I will never stay at another hilton. Not only was the room terrible, but the customer service was even worse. It completely ruined our vacation

Unique Quality: The location was great.

Directions: Tines Square

• Terrible Stay

Unique Quality: The location was great.

Directions: Tines Square

• new yorks best hotel

Wonderful hotel.The staff always were polite,helpful and always said good morning or good night its only a small thing but a lot of hotels forget to do it; But the of the hilton time square had it in abundance.Our room was always kept clean always fresh towels in bathroom.Ideally located to time square and bus/subway links.If going to new york check out this hotel hopefully I will be back next year

Unique Quality: polite staff ; ideally locatted; great views

Directions: 42nd street centre of time square

• Worst Customer Service

Never have I seen such poor customer service.
    I have stayed at Hilton many times for business and never had to ask for a change of service.
    I will never recommend this chain to anyone again.
    Even being a gold member they would not change the date of reservation. As a scientist, trainings are mostly subject to change due to personnel's schedule at a major hospital such as Mt Sinai.
    You would think a hotel of this prestige and name would be top for customer service.
    They have lost one member and anyone else who heeds my advice.

Unique Quality: none

• Bob_Shan's Profile Photo

Hilton Times Square

Hide in a building from 21th floor and up. The main entrance on 42 street is small and in between AMC theater and a 24th store owned by Egyptian.

The hotel is reasonably well facilitated. There is fridge, safer, iron board, hair dryer. Bathroom is small. Wireless internet $9.99 per day unlimited.

There is only one restaurant - Above, it is small and is party of the main check-in lobby. You might have to wait 10 mins before be seated during breakfast time.

Typical price for standard Kingsize bed room is $540 per night

Unique Quality: Very good location, center of time square, 1 mins to metro station.

Directions: Time square

• jlpretty's Profile Photo

GREAT LOCATION

THIS HILTON IS A GREAT CENTRAL LOCATION IN THE TIMES SQUARE AREA. THE ROOMS ARE MODERATELY SIZED COMFORTABLE. THE DOWNSIDE IS THERE REALLY ISN'T A DECENT RESTAURANT IN THE HOTEL. BUT THE LOCATION MORE THAN MAKES UP FOR IT

Unique Quality: CLOSE TO THE SUBWAY. GREAT VIEWS

• GreggStudio's Profile Photo

XMAS 2006

Room was not ready upon arrival.
    They held our bags for us while we waited in there very small lobby for 5 hours.
    When we did get our room the bathroom was not cleaned.
    We had to wait an additional 2 hours to have our luggage brought to our room.
    the room was directly above the entrance to the parking garage so it was cold and noisy.
    We stayed for 4 nights.

Unique Quality: Location was great, no resteraunt on site or comp. breakfast as others in the city.

• calgarykeener's Profile Photo

Hilton Times Square

This is an AMAZING hotel! Like I said on my main page, I have been to NYC atleast 5 times and have always stayed at the Hilton Times Square.

The hotel is perfectly located in the heart of Times Square, and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, lively nightlife, shopping, and magnificent office towers. There is an Applebees Bar & Grill attached to this hotel.

Very expensive, but that's what you should expect when visiting New York. If it's in your price range and you are looking to be in a spacious & safe hotel, I have no problems recommending this as a perfect hotel.

• ssalatin's Profile Photo

Far Enough Away

The hotel was a couple blocks away from Times Square, Rockefeller Center, 5th Ave. and all the hot spots so it kept some of the noise and crowd down but still convenient. We stayed in the business suite which had a king size bed, flat screen tv, coffemaker, refrigerator, and other typical amenities. There isn't a pool though so not so great for summer but I stayed there during the winter. I could run around outside for awhile, come back to warm up and head back out without using a lot of time or money.

• dharmabum222's Profile Photo

A room with a view....

We stayed in a suite at this hotel for one night and I wanted to move in and live here. The bed was feathery and fluffy and there were all the comforts of home...well a lot of comforts I don't have at home either. The location is fantastic, so central to everything and you are in the midst of Times Square when you step out the door.

Unique Quality: Fantastic view of Times Square and the Empire state building & enormous suites!

Directions: The entrance to the Hilton Times Square is a little difficult to locate in the midst of the insanity of Times Square but a little tip is to find the Madame Tussaud's wax museum and the entrance is right next to it....

• nancy531's Profile Photo

Tourist central

I traveled here on business, my company has an arrangement with Hilton, so the price was not an object. I had a king bed room in the corner with a view away from times square proper, and it was actually quiet considering you are basically on top of one of the loudest, and by all standards the flashiest, intersections in the world. I would have to say though, that being in between madame troussault's wax museum and a giant movie theater would not normally be my first choice of places to sleep. If I had wanted to see a broadway show or eat at a chain restaurant, I would have been all set, but I prefer the more subtle sections of town. I had to walk several blocks to locate some smaller NY restaurants, and I didn't ever find what I was really looking for in that regard. The room was nice and comfortable with the amenaties you would expect at that price. Nice bed linens, big pillows etc. All in all, I think next time I will request a hotel in a section of town where I don't have to elbow tourists out of the way to get in the door.

Unique Quality: Thick bathrobes in the closet, better quality shampoos and a TV guide was a nice touch. They also had free internet via either dial-up or ethenet connection.

Directions: 42nd between 7th and 8th ave.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo

If you are a HHonors Member... stay here

I am a Diamond member of Hilton's HHonors program, so I frequently stay in Hilton hotels. I was not impressed as much with this hotel as others in the area, and would not recommend this in comparison to some of the other hotel chains, unless you are a HHonors member and are just searching for points. It was fairly expensive, not easily recognizable from the street, and frankly the bed I had was not comfortable.

Unique Quality: I did not find anything special about this hotel at all. Again, stay here if you are getting points, because the value for your money is not there.

Directions: When you get to this physical address, have the cab pull over... you will not see it readily from the street, and there are no places for the cab to pull in, so keep an eye out.

• Mitch_Beaumont's Profile Photo

One Of The Best Hotels In The City

From the moment I walked through the door the service was fantastic!

The rooms were out of this world and all of them have a great view of the Hudson River ... The City ... or Times Square.

• Mitch_Beaumont's Profile Photo

A Fantastic Hotel!!

The rooms were great ... the service was outstanding and the location was out of this world.

Out of the front door and turn a right ... then you are in the heart of Time Square!

Each an every single room has a fantastic view of the Hudson River ... the City or Times Square !

Unique Quality: The view from each room! Its Fantastic!

Directions: Time Square

More about Hilton Times Square

by phlebo3

Does anyone know anything about this hotel? I "m booked for 2 nights mid Nov. with my daughter and grandaughter(15). We have been to New York a few years ago but stayed elsewhere. Is the neighborhood safe? I "ts on 42 nd St. Thanks for any info.

Re: Hilton Times Square

by Geisha_Girl

Hello,

You couldn't have picked a better location! You're smack dab in the middle of one of the most exciting areas of New York City!

You and your family will love the area, and your 15 year-old granddaughter will have lots of things to see and do around there as well. The Broadway Theatres are close by.........tons of shops and restaurants within walking distance.

Since Giuliani did the big clean up a few years back in Times Square, it has taken on a whole new feel.

As far as safety is concerned..........anywhere you go, you should just always be alert. But the Hilton is in a well-lit area with lots of foot (and car) traffic!

Have a great time!

G_G

Re: Hilton Times Square

by 10028

The neighborhood is safe but very busy! It's a new hotel so should be pretty nice. That block was dicey maybe 15-20 years ago, before "Disneyfication." Your grandaughter might like the Sanrio store (home of "Hello Kitty" collectables) that's on the north side of 42nd Street between 7th-8th Avenues.

Also on the block are the New Amsterdam Theater ("Lion King"), The Ford Center ("42nd Street"), the American Airlines Theater (Roundabout Theater Company), two movie multiplexes (with a total of 50 screens!!!), a huge McDonald's, a surf shop, Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum, B.B. King's blues club, lots of fast food chains, and a bazillion tourists.

You are right in the heart of Times Square!

Easy access to the east side via the crosstown 42nd Street bus. You can easily get to the upper west side by taking the M104 bus which heads up 8th Avenue and then travels up Broadway -- you'll pass the SW corner of Central Park, Lincoln Center, and the beautiful upper west side (Museum of Natural History). Of course you've got the best access for all subway lines, too.

Re: Re: Hilton Times Square

by sjvessey

you'll be fine, manhattan is perfectly safe these days and 42nd street is right in the heart of things. you'll have no problems.

Re: Re: Hilton Times Square

by joesorce

Don't leave valuables in your hotel room.

Don't walk around with a wallet full of cash that people see you pull out and display. Don't wear expensive jewelry while carrying around shopping bags from arm to arm.

If you stop at a street vendor for a hot dog, hold on to your wallet.

All the same rules apply as to any big city. Locals will often tell you that a city is safe, but for someone from a small town who is not used to being alert and aware at all times, you can be a target.

Comments