Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue

Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Ave
Expedia.com Booking.com Travelocity

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Avenue

Clean Comfortable, would book again!

by TripAdvisor Member OhioBliss64

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express in NYC. My Mother, sister and I stayed for a weekend birthday celebration and were very pleased. It is a great value for the price. The free continental breakfast was just the right way to start a day in the city and the location is outstanding. Walking distance to Fifth Avenue attractions, Times Square, etc. Very clean, great showers and comfortable beds. Don't hesitate to book. Perfect hotel for a weekend shopping trip to the city.

A Great Bargain & A Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MidwestFella

Spent 3 nights with a family of 2 adults and 3 kids in one double bedded room. Paid $179.00/night thru the Holiday Inn Express website. Fantastic rate for this hotel and location. 2 blocks from Rockefeller Center, St. Patricks Cathedral, Times Square. Much shopping and many dining choices all around.

Super service. Everyone at the hotel were friendly and very helpful. CLEAN - CLEAN - CLEAN. Hotel is brand new so nothing to complain about at all. Felt very safe and very comfortable.

If there is a negative it is the size of the rooms. Cramped, but average for NYC. Front desk reception aisle is literally an aisle way, seperated from the breakfast area by the buffet bar. Sometimes difficult to maneuver in or out of hotel on either side as it's so narrow. 5-10 peoople in the lobby area and it's a crowd! Forget it though -- go and enjoy!

Good Value at the Holiday Inn Express

by TripAdvisor Member JTJT

On our most recent visit to NYC, we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for its cost and excellent location close to the Broadway shows. Although the rooms were very small, our hotel room was clean, our breakfast was included, and the staff were exrememly helpful. They stored our bags for the day after check-out and provided directions as needed. If you don't mind a small room in a very tall, narrow building, this is a great value for NYC!

Great Price/Great Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member MBFergie

Stayed 3 nights from 4/20 to 4/23. Yes the room are really small but the hotel is clean, bed was comfortable, free wireless that was fast, breakfast in the morning and helpful / kind staff. Arrived at 1pm and room was ready to check in. Also requested higher room and was given 21st floor.

We were 2 teenagers and 2 moms all sharing one room. Since we knew it would be small we packed smaller suitcases and used drawers in the room. Do wish there was more area to hand clothes. Maybe 7 items max fit in closet.

Others have mentioned elevators were slow. We did not experience this at all and the hotel was 100% sold out while we were there. Only once was the elevator crowded.

If you do stay here and need them to store bags on last day make sure you get down early. They told us they have run out of storage space (small closet under stairwell on lobby level).

Good value at Holiday Inn

For location and value, can't beat it. Basic, clean and safe accommodation. Easy walking distance of the great sights, round the corner from Times Square. Not for you if you want luxury, but if you're here to sightsee and want a decent place to stay, it's perfect.

Can't find a fault

by TripAdvisor Member khamiis

I was really pleased with my stay here. My room on the third floor was spacious for New York and incredibly clean. Despite being a smoking room the linen and air smelled fresh. I loved the supersoft kingsize bed. The bathroom was really well stocked and the shower was large enough for two people with excellent water pressure. All the staff I met were freindly and very helpful. The location is excellent too.
I really can't find any negatives about this experience apart from that there wasnt any view from my room (3rd floor) and the breakfast was a bit of a feeding frenzy in the small lobby.
I will definately stay again perhaps next time I will try to get a room higher up to see if there is any kind of view from up there.

Very Disappointed

by TripAdvisor Member CaseyCz

My friend and I stayed at this hotel from 4/28-4/30 for a "mom's weekend". My husband and I are Priority Club members and have always had great service at Holiday Inn's / Crowne Plaza's. This trip however changed all that. We tried to check into the hotel at the 3pm check in time and our room was not ready until 3:30 so we felt as though we were wasting our day sitting in the lobby. When we finally reached our room (a reserved 2 double bed room) we were given a 1 king bed room and when I called the front desk to let them know, they said the "couch pulls out". This was not acceptable to us and they did change our room to what we did reserve, but after the late check in and the wrong room, it was very aggrivating. But the kicker came on Sunday morning when at 9:15 someone was banging on our door, and when we answered, it was housekeeping asking if we were checking out!!! We were SOUND asleep! I have never in my life had that happen at a hotel. To make matter worse, we laid back down and not 4 minutes later she knocked again. This time I asked her what time check out was and when she said 11am, I showed her our Privacy Please tag, affixed it to our door and told her not to knock on it again!!. I was outraged and called the front desk and received no apology. As I said, we enjoy every other Holiday Inn we have ever stayed at mainly for their cleanliness and great service, but I will never stay at this one again and would not recommend it to anyone.

Excellent hotel

by TripAdvisor Member djday22

This hotel is excellent, there was two of us who came to new york and we were given a king size room which was sapcious for new york. The bathroom had a huge shower cubicle that could of fitted about four people in (although i didn't try :)
The breakfast was brillant with buns, croissants, cereal, coffee etc and even at 9:50am when the breakfast was suppose to finish at 10:00am they were still stocking up witrh food and drink.
The hotel staff were brillant and helped me in every way especially telling me directions to places. I would say the only thing you would have to do when staying at this hotel is put your 'privacy notice' on your door before you go to bed bacuse the maid can come round about 9:00am and she will knock on your door unless you have the notice hanging on your door

overall i would say if you are going to new york then stay at this hotel

P.S. The location is excellent, round the corner from times square, top of the rock, 5th avenue etc

Great little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Misticaber

Our 1st time in NY booked at short notice. This hotel was much better than expected considering the price AND it included a more than adequate breakfast. Staff were very pleasant and helpful, room a reasonable size with great shower and room facilities.
The big plus is its proximity to 5th Ave Times Square, restaurants, stores, subway etc.
.Would definitely stay here again

Cool little hotel

by TripAdvisor Member daler68

We spent 3 nights at this hotel,May 18-21, and were extremely satisfied. True, the room was small but laid out in a fashion that made it seem larger with a small anteroom area when you opened the door so you didn't feel that the bed was 2 feet away. The bed was extremely confortable and the staff very accomodating; our request for extra pillows was promptly filled. The room was extremely clean and the shower had great water pressure. The complimentary continental breakfast was a nice added touch with good pastries,bagels, etc., as well as cereal,hardboiled eggs,coffee,juice and milk.
We go to New York at least twice a year primarily for the theatre so this location is just ideal. It's an easy walk to Times Square and any other midtown location yet it's relatively quiet at night allowing for a good night's sleep.
We would recommend this hotel to anybody looking for a comfortable,clean place to stay at a reasonable (for New York) price.

Comments