Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street

Holiday Inn Midtown / 57th St
Booking.com IHG Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3.5 star hotels

• New Yorks WORST ACCOMMODATION

First impressions when we entered the hotel lobby was only okay, then approached the front desk only to be greeted by the rudest people i have ever met! From leaving the elevator to our room the smell off the carpet, old green carpet and dirty walls we were not impressed at all, then went into the room to be greeted by a dirty bedspread, white net curtains that were supposed to be white but a filty dirty yellow colour. Honeslty if anyone is thinking of staying in this hotel DONT, for the the money we paid for it, i think it was altogether €830 for four nights which was ridiculous and you do not get a breakfast in the morning. I wouldnt mind spending the money if you are getting good value for it, but here you are not. One things for sure if it was a hotel in Ireland or Uk, it would be closed down. we are a young couple and very easy going, but this took the biscuit, i know you probably say to yourself sure all we want is a bed, but when there is a smell off your pillow as you go to bed at night you begin to wonder has the rooms ever been properly cleaned! DISGRACEFUL! If you want to find out more about this hotel please go to http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d93344-Reviews-Holiday_Inn_Midtown_57th_St-New_York_City_New_York.html there are alot of comments on this page as well, im just going to try and save you a disappointing trip due to this ugly hotel

Unique Quality: ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

• uysijessa's Profile Photo

is still quite close to all the tourist sites

we stayed at the holiday inn midtown as an alternative to staying at the hilton which was where all the delegates to the conference we were attending were staying (the hilton was even more expensive). the hotel was a few blocks from the major tourist attractions which wasn't so bad if you're okay with doing some walking. what was nice about this hotel was the rooms were well kept (clean) with 2 double beds in a standard room. each room had its own t.v., and a respectably-sized, clean bathroom with hot and cold shower (which is a must for me!). you can also request for a non-smoking or a non-smoking room. what wasn't so nice was that the staff was scarce and not as friendly as compared to other holiday inns i've stayed at. the lobby is quite small and not as inviting as what you'd expect in a hotel. but i guess what really matters when you're using a hotel only to sleep in (you'll be out exploring the city most of the day anyway) is the condition of the room you'll be sleeping in and like with other holiday inns this hotel didn't disappoint.

• ctorres1979's Profile Photo

I'm almost embarrased about this one...

I am almost embarrassed to say that I have stayed here but I am just writing about it to let people know what they are getting themselves into. This hotel is clean and everything but it definitely needs some renovating. The decor has a seventies feel too it, and not a cool style either.
    I wouldn't suggest for anyone to stay here unless they are only looking for a clean place at a cheap price. Overall this hotel does not have a nice design and the clientele is not very desirable either

• Phil&Rosie's Profile Photo

Good value accomodation

We found this to be a great location to explore Manhattan from, being between Times Square and Columbus Circle and easy walking distance to both. Friendly service from the front desk, even when under pressure from being full at Thanksgiving.

Unique Quality: Some of the biggest rooms we've found in NYC at this price. A $1 tip per person per day for the maid worked wonders - we had more than enough toiletry and tea/coffee supplies each day!

• Excellent Midtown Location

Having never been to NYC before, I read many websites including Tripadvisor.com and Virtualtourist.com to get an idea of areas and hotels.

Tips I got from the web suggested that Midtown Manhattan is best for visitors to NY, because of close proximity to Broadway, Central Park and other attractions.

The web did suggest that the Holiday Inn Midtown was a great location, and I agree it was, but the service was not very good. Again, I found this to be true on my stay.

Internet booking was a breeze (it's automatic).
    Had to drag in large suitcases into lobby and staff just watched. Bell Captain made no attempt to help.
    Front desk staff were rude on arrival.
    When we checked into room, we found the room to be unmade. We rang downstairs to tell them and they were extremely rude and said we had to go down to get another key for a new room. They would not come up.
    Went down, got a new room, went up again, and the room they gave us was OK.
    Front desk staff were nice on check-out.

I know some people say that New Yorkers are a bit short/sharp in their comments, but honestly I found the staff at this hotel to be the rudest people I came across during my time in New York.

I have never stayed at a hotel as expensive as this (US$400) with such appalling service.

Unique Quality: Only unique thing about this hotel is walking distance to Central Park and Broadway.

It is a Holiday Inn, so the decor, etc is quite standard and nice.

Directions: Midtown Manhattan

• domerta's Profile Photo

Very Nice...Great Location

This was a great hotel to stay because of it's location and price for the area. The staff was attentive. The room was average size and the bathroom a bit small and cramped.

Unique Quality: The main lobby was spacious and fun to look around and be there.

More about Holiday Inn Midtown 57th Street

The Holiday Inn Midtown was fabulous!!

For the price, the Holiday Inn Midtown had large clean rooms and a great location! I heard lots of horror stories about NYC motels, especially size and cleanliness. It was a pleasant surprise!

Great Value!!

by TripAdvisor Member djhwood

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Midtown again this past weekend and were again very happy! We stayed there when my then girlfriend, and now wife, got engaged and found that for the price it was way above average for New York City. We like to stay there if we can find a great rate and for 149 this was a great bargain! We're beginning to find in our many travels to the city that a lot of hotels below that rate are either shared bathroom, or have a rat problem or are simply run-down, or all of the above! This hotel has a spacious lobby, is clean, has a good restaurant, the parking is reasonable, they have a roof-top pool and the rooms are bigger than most middle class hotels in the city! Highly recommend the Holiday Inn Midtown!

holiday inn midtown

by ian-ireland

me and my girlfrined are travelling to NY in october. we are looking for some comments about the holiday inn midtown on 57th street? whats it like? and the location etc. Any others tips would be great thanks VT'ers

RE: holiday inn midtown

by zuriga

The location is fine.. see www.tripadvisor.com for comments by hotel guests.

RE: holiday inn midtown

by devil66

You are close to Central Park and the high end shopping on Fifth Avenue and not far from the theater district.

Comments