Hotel 41 at Times Square

206 W 41st St, New York, NY 10036

Equity Point New York @ Times Square
Booking.com HostelBookers.com Travelocity

• NYC accommodation Jewel

June 2008. Wonderful position, great staff, welcome breakfast, free coffee machine available, all the facilities the seasoned traveller would want, despite the room being on the small side. As worldwide travellers of all types of holidays we as pensioners look for value for money in our city breaks, and we certainly got it in abundance here - there was even a magnifying make-up mirror in the bathroom- that's a first for us for a non-4 or -5 star hotel. Being next to Times Square meant we were central to most attractions, with never the need for a long way back at the end of the day. When next in New York from Yorkshire in the UK we will return to Hotel 41.

Directions: Times Square / Theatre

• Kimber_jewel's Profile Photo

Right At Times Square!!

The room is small - yet honestly not the smallest room I have ever stayed in. The room was spotless clean. The bedding was comfortable and the bathroom was very modern with a stand up shower. Included in the room was a small TV and DVD player. The rooms have their own climate control which was great because we could warm up the room for our return after wandering in the cold.

Unique Quality: The free breakfast is served in the bar in the morning and consist of pastries, bagels, juice, and coffee. The staff through out the hotel and bar were very helpful and friendly. Always opening doors for you and greeting you in all the common areas of the hotel.

The location can't be beat for a short NYC trip. It's right off
    Time's Square, close to chain and local resturants and coffee houses, subway right across the street and the hop on hop off bus tours stop right across the street from the hotel. You can walk to any of the Broadway shows and to Macy's.

Directions: Right off Times Square

• steve1975l's Profile Photo

Hotel 41 At Times Square (206 W 41ST Street )

Small modern hotel around the corner from Times Square. Continetal breakfast included. There is a small bar also but just around the block is a bar called Jacks on 40th which is better. Very friendly staff and 24 hour reception and free DVD library.

• Great Choice for location and price

We stayed in Hotel 41 for 5 nights in December. This was our first visit to New York so we were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the Hotel. We booked a superior room because I had heard that the standard rooms were a little small. Our room was still on the small side but we didn't intend to spend much time in there anyway. The rooms were spotless, the sheets appeared to be changed every day ! The bathroom was also cleaned everyday. The staff who all seemed very young weremost helpful and couldn't do enough for you. The complimentry breakfast was ideal.
    One of the best things about the hotel is its location just yards from the subway and Times Square,brilliant. I would definately stay there again.

Directions: Times Square

More about Hotel 41 at Times Square

Hotel 41 a hidden gem

My favorite secret place!
Throughout the 2004 year I have stayed at this hotel 2 times with my husband and once with my mom. This place is a simple and clean place to stay. Its trendy and upbeat atmoshpere is perfect for a stay in the city. Both my hubby and mom only want to stay here in the future. For our wedding anniversary we stayed at the Waldorf Astoria....and we missed the hotel 41 the whole weekend!!! The only place we will be staying in 2005!

Highly recommend Hotel 41

My wife and I just spent 4 nights in New York (July 1st - 5th) and we stayed at Hotel 41. Having stayed in another place in Manhattan last year, which was somewhat less than desirable, we figured it could only get better. Did it ever.

From the moment we arrived, we knew that Hotel 41 was a great place. The staff is super friendly and helpful. They were always happy to see us, they opened the door for us, they helped us checked our flight information; everything you could expect from hotel staff.

As we walked through the hotel, we noticed that all of the common areas: lobby, elevator, hallways, lounge/restaurant, were all immaculately clean and nicely decorated.

When we got to our room, we found it again to be clean, bright, and stylishly decorated. The bed and pillows were very comfortable. There was ample drawer and closet space, with plenty of hangers. The room was equipped with: a small fridge, an iron, a small ironing board, extra blankets and pillows, a phone, TV, high speed internet, and a safe. The air conditoning and its controls, worked. There was never any problem with water pressure or hot water availability in the bathroom. The only downside to the room, if this is something you want or need, is that it was small and had no view. For my wife and me, there was more than enough room, but these are not important criteria to us. The main section of the bedroom is about 10'x10' with a double bed, small fridge, one bedside table, and a small desk. The other section of the room (approx. 10'x5') had the closet and the bathroom.

The breakfast, included in the price of the room, was just right. The lounge/bar where breakfast was served was comfortable, quite, and inviting. There were croissants, scones, danishs, jam, cream cheese and big New York bagels. They also had OJ and great coffee. I'm not into Atkens nor do I regularly eat big bacon and eggs breakfasts so this was perfect. To top it off, there were copies of the New York Times available. What else could you ask for to start your day?

As far as location goes, you can't beat it. Hotel 41 is located right in the heart of the theatre district. It's within less than 10 minutes on foot to all of the theatres and restaurant row. Also, it's right across the street from the entrance to most of New York's subway lines.

Finally, on price you just can't beat Hotel 41. All in all, I hope that this little gem in Manhattan is still as cheap, the next time we want to go to New York.

Excellent choice

I chose the Hotel 41 for a stay (1st-6th July 2004) after reading reviews on here that put me off my first choice.

Thank you to those reviewers: Hotel 41 is exactly as expected. Friendly staff, nice atmosphere, good location, admittedly small rooms (but big enough - a cat could just about have been swung), excellent linens and all spotlessly clean.

The breakfast of bagels, danish, orange juice, coffee etc. hit exactly the right spot.

Fully recommended.

Great Hotel - I Recommend It

My wife and I recently stayed at Hotel 41 from Sept 6-Sept 12. I chose this hotel based upon the reviews I read on this site so I felt compelled to add my own after having a great experience here.

The location, in our opinion, was perfect. You are basically at 41st and 7th Ave. Everything Times Square has to offer is within easy walking distance. Add to that the subway station across the street and you have easy access to anyplace in the city.

The room is small but not tiny. And if you are anything like us and you only use the room for 7-8 hours of sleep a night then you never have time to notice how small it might be. There was a comfortable bed, mini-fridge, chest of drawers, small desk and electronic safe in the room...all of which fit comfortably.

The staff was extremely friendly. They provided excellent recommendations on places to eat and off the beaten path places to visit. Any request we made was dealt with quickly and professionally.

We spent 6 nights at Hotel 41 and paid a fraction of what it would have cost for us to stay at the Marriott Marquis 2 blocks away. If money is no object then stay at the Marriott but if you want more $$$ to spend on Broadway shows and 1st class dinners then this is a great hotel to consider.

Our stay in New York (2nd - 6th July 04)

by TripAdvisor Member thebingster

For my girlfriend and I, this was our first stay in New York and undoubtly our excllent break was made all that more enjoyable because Hotel 41 was so good.

We wanted a small boutique type hotel in a central location and keenly priced - Hotel 41 is this and more.

The hotel has a great feel about it, very cool and stylish. The staff couldn't have been more friendly, what with helping us with directions, serving in the bar or just opening and closing the door as we entered and left the hotel.

We would highly recommend to anyone staying in New York to book Hotel 41, especially the younger generation who want somewhere that little bit cool and funky with clean (if not small) rooms.

The breakfast of bagels, oj and coffee included in the price of the room is excellent and thankfully continues to be served up until midday at the weekends, which is great if you have been out late enjoying the night life of New York.

We look forward to returning to New York and staying at Hotel 41 again.

Highly recommended

I've just come back from a ten-day stay at Hotel 41 and had a great time. The staff are attentive, friendly and helpful. Great bar where breakfast is served every day. Room was lovely and the whole place is generally very well kept. Midtown is not the most interesting of areas, of course, but the hotel is close to lots of subway lines and so very well placed for getting around the city. It's true that the rooms are pretty small and mostly overlook brick walls, but this is New York, what are you gonna do?

Hotel 41 NYC

by Ben241

Hi

Anyone have any personal reviews, recommendations or tips for Hotel 41 NYC.

We have read some terrific reports on Trip advisor, but we are looking for any further tips on the best room or floor to ask for, etc etc

Thanks in advance

Ben

Re: Hotel 41 NYC

by KarenTaylor

Someone who answers questions in another forum stayed in this hotel in February and said it was good, although the rooms were small. She stayed on the 6th floor, and had a view over a flat roof but it was quiet apparently.

Comments