3.5 out of 5 stars3.5 Stars

2130 Broadway at 75th Street, New York City, New York, 10023, United States

Expedia.com Hotels.com Tingo.com

Costs 40% more than similarly rated 3.5 star hotels

• clueless83's Profile Photo

'The Jewel of the Upper West Side'

I came to New York in 2004 on a college trip and we stayed at the Hotel Beacon on the Upper West Side for 5 nights.

The rooms we stayed in had two double beds as well as a sofa bed, so were quite spacious to sleep between 5 and 6 people. There was also a small kitchen area.

The hotel is a short walk from Central Park but to get to the main parts of the city you're best off taking a cab, or as we did - the subway. Subway 72 is not far from the hotel and was apparently in one of the Die Hard films!

Unique Quality: I don't remember much about the amenities and characteristics of this hotel as it was a while ago and I didn't book it but I'd happily stay here again if I wasn't going to stay in the centre of all the action downtown.

See web link for more up to date info.

Directions: Short walk from 72nd station

• Yogidogg's Profile Photo

Great value, good location.

Value for money accomodations. Check out the supermarket across the street for fresh food with a great deli next door. Close to subway (5min walk max) and central park (15mins max) Friendly staff. Would definately visit again.

• Tourtech's Profile Photo

What, a room with room in NYC?

Ok, this is for someone who needs a week or two in NYC and will be travelling around.

FIrst off, this is in a residential area of NYC. Safe place between Central Park and Riverside park.

No swiming pool, no rofftop bar, no massive lobby.

What there is: Big rooms with kitchenettes and King size beds. Good water pressure.

This is a good home base to travel the city at your own pace. Even if you get burnt out and need a night in the room, you won't feel like you are trapped.

The area is great to wander around in. The restaurants are all pretty impressive around here.

Unique Quality: Everything within walking distance is cool. Central Park, Riverside park, the riverwalk.

And the food is kicking and not tourist geared.

A bit farther from the real tourist stuff, but that is not a bad thing..... And you have to travel to all of them anyways....

Directions: Upper west side. One stop on the express train north from Times Square.....

• 10028's Profile Photo

Highly Rated Hotel in Great Neighborhood

I haven't seen their rooms, but the hotel gets consistently good reviews on tripadvisor.com. I think the Upper West Side is the best location in the city. Very convenient to public transportation, and close to Central Park and all that great shopping along Broadway, Columbus and Amsterdam. The quintessential "New York" neighborhood.

• kazuhr's Profile Photo

Nice Location

I stayed at $180 on March 2004 at a one-bedroom suite. There were one king bed and a queen size sofa bed in a living room. A kitchen was equipped. We stayed with 3 friends, but maximum would be 5, if you arrange a rollaway at $15.

Above all we liked the calm atmosphere around the hotel. It was as if we had lived in NYC, not had a trip! Nice cozy restaurants and cafes we could find.

Unique Quality: As we stayed at the 5th floor with broadway view, we could not have any park view, but you may be able to ask in advance. We were satisfied with the broadway view, though. Not bad with viewing the Fairway (24hrs grocery store facing the hotel.) and the ballet studio at the 2nd floor.

Directions: Few minutes walk from 72nd sta. fFive minutes from 79st sta.
    In front of the Ansonia, a condominium apartment building.

• seagoingJLW's Profile Photo

Near Lincoln Center and Natural History Museum

This hotel has large rooms and a relaxed atmosphere, and all rooms have a fully equipped kitchenette. This can save you a lot of money because breakfast in New York can be very expensive.

Unique Quality: Lincoln Center 10 blocks
    Manhattan School of Music 2 miles
    Fordham University 3/4 mile
    ABC World Headquarters 8 blocks
    Filene's Basement 4 blocks

Directions: Upper West Side.

More about Hotel Beacon

hotel beacon

we stayed at the hotel beacon 2nd sept for 4 nights the suite we had was on the 7th floor it had a kitchen lounge and bedroom which was very nice the only problem was the noise from the street so we asked to be moved the staff were very helpful and we were moved to the 23rd floor within 1 hour we could still hear some noise but it was better the hotel is near central park many shops and close to the subway the staff were very helpful at all times and we returned on the last day of our holiday for 1 night very good value as four of us stayed in the suite and if we visit newyork again we would stay at the hote beacon thanks for a enjoyable stay

I would recommend the Hotel...

by Corinne75

I would recommend the Hotel Beacon which is located a short walk from times square and has self contained rooms with kitchenette facilities and a convienence store located directly across the street. Can't go wrong with this hotel. Also book in advance as rooms sell fast. good price and kitchenette facilities

The Beacon Hotel is...

by noahsdad

The Beacon Hotel is convenient, has loads of charm, is recently renovated, is fairly affordable for New York, is not a chain, and has a kitchenette in every room. The staff are very helpful, and the American Diner (now being renovated) adjacent to its lobby is a convenient choice for breakfasts.

Perfect tourist hotel

by TripAdvisor Member L3ah

I stayed at Hotel Beacon for three nights in August. The lobby wasn't the most impressive sight on first arrival but the rooms are spacious, pleasant and well equipped. Compared to London hotels for the same money you get fantastic value. The little kitchen facility was very useful, very clean and the large supermarket across the road from the hotel meant it could be easily stocked. Transport links are fantastic with a subway station two minutes walk away which many of the main lines run through. I didn't have much contact with the staff except at reception where they were very helpful.

Beacon Hotel??

by Foodman53

Last summer, as a high school teacher, I was part of a tour from our home in Florida to NYC. In my explorations, I stumbled onto the Beacon Hotel, and thought that it might be the ideal place to stay when, and if, my wife were to return w/me. Please provide me with what info that you can about the Beacon...Thanks

Re: Beacon Hotel??

by zuriga

www.beaconhotel.com

This looks like a very nice place and good rates for NYC... interesting neighborhood, too with nearby subway stop. In the same area is a place I've stayed.. On the Avenue. It's a bit more modern and sometimes has good deals in summer. Enjoy NY!!

Comments