60 E 54th St, New York, NY 10022

Hotels.com Expedia.com Booking.com

• 1Ailsa's Profile Photo

Best Hotel in Town

I recommend this hotel to everyone, its in a perfect location near to Central Park, and Rockerfeller Centre, your just about 15 minute walk from Times Square and Broadway. All the Staff where especially friendly and made you feel at home, also giving you tips for where to go. Its quite a small hotel, but i think sometimes that's nicer than a big crowded Hotel.

Unique Quality: The rooms all have great views, they also have a late night bar, and also a sitting room area where they serve complimentry wine from 6 till 9.
    I would definatly go back.

More about Hotel Elysee

I finally found my favorite hotel in New York -- Hotel Elysee

I am a frequent traveler to New York, both business and pleasure. Over the years, I tried a new hotel with every visit; I generally had a pleasant experience. And then, a friend told me about Hotel Elysee and now it is my "home away from home." This small hotel treats me like an"important" member of its "family."

When I checked into the hotel the first time, the expert staff called me by name and made me feel that they were so happy to meet me; it was as if they had been waiting all afternoon for my arrival. when I returned in the evening, they inquired about my day. No need for an appointed concierge --each front desk person is trained to provide full concierge services.

The hotel itself is understated elegance. (It's been voted "most romantic" several times.) Artistic floral bouquets provide a sweet fragrance throughout the gracious lobby. The rooms, by New York standards, are large, well-appointed including marble bathrooms.

And what could be better than your morning starting with a complete continental breakfast available (juices, fresh fruit, Danish, bagels, good coffees and tea); followed with wine (respectable vineyards), cheeses, fruit, fresh breads and crackers between 5:00 and 8:00 pm; and coffee, tea and cookies available until midnight. In fact, I have often met friends for wine and cheese and then gone out on the town.

When I ride the elevator, I often ask other guests about their experiences at Hotel Elysee. To date, they all have responded either that they "love the hotel and always stay there" or this is their first time and they "will be back." In fact, during my last stay, as I was riding the elevator down to check out on Sunday, a young couple carrying a wedding dress and bridal bouquet got on. They were married the previous day and that night -- Saturday -- was their first time at Hotel Elysee. With stars in their eyes, they told me they would be back! I smiled and thought, "I'll be back too."

Elysee in downtown Manhattan was the Best

Just returned from a 4-day stay at the Hotel Elysee in downtown Manhattan. It was a great stay.

The staff was fantastic and very accommodating. It's central location was great and made getting around the city very easy, especially for us non-city folk!

The continental breakfast was great and the evening wine and cheese was a great added touch.

Elysee is wonderful!

by TripAdvisor Member KareBear

I use Trip Advisor faithfully to plan all our vacations but I would have to say the several days we spent in NYC for the first leg of our honeymoon was the most research I've done for a trip. The NYC forum on Trip Advisor is amazing and all the local experts are so helpful.

By the recommendation of a local expert we chose the Hotel Elysee as the location for our honeymoon stay. It's in a perfect location in East Midtown (54th between park and madison) and is a quaint boutique style hotel. It was what we were looking for.

The rooms were adequate in size, the bathroom small but OK for two people. We were on the 15th floor far away from any street noise, but 54th is typically a smaller, quieter street than some of the others around. We like historical locations and a homey room feel which the Elysee rooms had. We took advantage of the extra mini refridgerator in the room and stocked up on soda, water and snacks from the convenient deli/store across the street.

We LOVED the staff. They were all so wonderful and helpful especially Kevin and Will. The extra ammenity of continental breakfasts and wine cheese evenings was great in a very comfortable, cozy room. We also liked the use of the internet to contact our kids while we were gone.

The convenience to walk to cental park, 5th avenue, Time Square and the Theatre district can not be beat. We will definitely make a trip back to the Elysee. We loved it and highly recommend the hotel.

Attention to Details

At this ideal location (close to Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Times Square), you might think that location would be enough to want to stay here. However, this is a great hotel regardless of the location.
The attention to detail really made our stay at the Hotel Elysee a special one. For example, there were fresh orchids on the table at breakfast, and the wines served during the free wine and cheese hour were not some cheap house wine, but unusual and very good brands.
The marble in the bathroom and other little touches all added up to a great stay.
The concierge was also able to easily find just the kind of restaurant we wanted to go to.
The combination of location and attention to details made our weekend in New York a memorable one.

Great small hotel in convenient location

My husband and I stayed here over a long weekend, and found the hotel to be a quiet refuge, but close to theatre district, Rockefeller Center, etc. We almost stayed in Times Sq. and are so grateful we chose the Elysee instead. It is very clean, the rooms are generously sized (except for a very small bathroom), and the staff was friendly and pleasant. The complimentary continental breakfast was better than at many hotels. The free wine and cheese on weekdays, and coffee and cookies throughout the week, was a nice touch. (Although I think they could have done a lot better than Pepperidge Farm!). We would not hesitate to stay here again!

Even the clients enthuse about the hotel while staying here!

by TripAdvisor Member ragout

My husband and I stayed at this lovely hotel for 4 days in Oct'05.It was Room #55. It was in the front, on the Fifth Floor and had a pantry. If we had known this we could have used it more than we did because across the street is a wonderful looking Deli which could have easily supplied any meals needed.
But as it was low in the building, it was very noisy at night due to the demolition of some offices/suites in nearby buildings. (Since then I have !!) The room was so nicely spacious & attractive so we were reluctant to move. We now understand that if you ask, "quiet rooms" are available. But if you like a corner room with windows on two sides, and have good earplugs this room would be simply superb as we are sure many others are from the rave comments of other clients.

This is a great location. It has a common lounge that offers breakfast (there is no room service otherwise), tea/coffee/cookies from noon to 5 PM. Then wine & hors d'oeuvres from 5PM - 8PM. Lovely touches. Staff welcoming and informed.
What more could one want in a mid to highend small customer oriented hotel? Suited our budget considering all the NY Hotel options.

Trust you enjoy as we did!

Great Hotel in Midtown

by TripAdvisor Member MMD007

As others have said this is a great hotel in Midtown, 2 minutes from the subway between Maddison and Lexington. Welcoming and helpful staff, great and spacious room, we had a Terrace! Im not telling which room number as you will all want it! The breakfast, the afternoon cookies, all day coffee, tea and the wine and cheese from 5 - 8pm couldnt be faulted. We had the Super Shuttle from JFK which was fine. But the hotel said that they had had trouble with them on occasions so recommended a taxi on return. On leaving at 4.45am, the clerk called a taxi for us and an older Lincoln towncar drew up. I think the driver was a friend of the porter. A fee was agreed $60 and we were wisked, a bit too fastly wisked to JFK in under 25 minutes! You may decide to try different transport. We will definately use this hotel again on returning to NYC

My favorite hotel in NYC!!!

I always stay at the Elysee for business and personal trips to New York. While the location is very convenient, what really keeps me coming back is the outstanding service. Sometimes, it's the little touchs that set a hotel apart from the competition, and the Elysee excels in many ways. The attentive staff, the exceptional breakfast, free internet service; it's all here. They also have a great boardroom that's great for a small business meeting. I also need to give a mention for the Monkey Bar, which is a very cool, historic bar adjacent to the Elysee.

Wonderful Weekend Getaway

I stayed at the Elysee a weekend in late July. We had a fabulous weekend! The hotel staff was very friendly and accomidating. We loved the coctail hour on Friday evening. The rooms were immaculate and the atmosphere was warm. I would highly recommed this hotel if you plan a weekend in the big city.

by lindseyv

Has anybody stayed at the Hotel Elysee? We went to New York last year and absolutely loved the place and can't wait to get back there.

We stayed on the west side last time and want to try the east this time around. We are going for a friend's birthday and so want something special but not intimidating.

Many thanks.

LV

Re: Hotel Elysee

by seagoingJLW

this is a confusing post because the Hotel Elysee is on the East side. It is located at 60 East 54th Street.

Joan

by lindseyv

I stayed on the westside last year (w58th Street) but this year I am staying on East side. Sorry for any confusion.

by 10028

The location is very nice. I just read some of the reviews on www.tripadvisor.com and they're all good too. And, unlike most east side locations, access to public transport is actually pretty good from the Elysee, which is only a few blocks from the E, V, N, R, W and 6 trains.

Also a short walk to Fifth and Madison Avenue shopping, Bloomingdale's, Saks, Bergdorf, Bendel's, and of course Central Park.

Have a great trip!

Thanks.

I'm sure we will all have a fantastic time. New York is such a great place - especially Central Park early morning with a cup of coffee!

Comments