Hotel Newton

Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs about the same, but rated 20% higher than other 2.5 star hotels

• Recommended in Upper Manhattan

My brother and I travelled to be with a family member in Mt. Sinai Hospital. We chose to stay at the Hotel Newton as recommended on the hospital website. The location was super. We like to walk and each day there we had a nice walk through Central Park to the hospital. The hotel staff was professional and helpful. The room was small but roomy enough and nicely appointed, and (important for me) free from any pests. The price was reasonable. I would stay there again on my next trip to New York City.

Unique Quality: Just a few blocks from Central Park. Many very fine restaraunts within 1 or 2 blocks. Subway to Penn Station, etc. is just at the end of the block on Broadway.

Directions: Upper Westside Manhattan

More about Hotel Newton

The Newton was a pleasant surprise.

We stayed at The Newton Hotel in February, 2004. The rooms were spacious, clean and reasonable. My husband and I loved the location. We ordered from the Key West Diner next door and the food was there before we knew it. The food was extremely reasonable and very tasty. We will definately stay at the Hotel Newton every time we visit NYC!

Great Value

I will definitely be staying at the Hotel Newton on my next trip to NY.
I paid double the rate of what I paid at the Newton at another hotel close to Times Square a week later and would much rather spend the difference on sight seeing. I enjoyed my stay at the Newton much more.
The rooms were clean, big bathroom by NY standards, staff were friendly and helpful. Great location, close to shops. The subway stop is the biggest plus - you will be catching the subway no matter where you stay in NY, especially in the winter. The elevator is slow, but it's not going to ruin your trip. Don't pay more for the same anywhere else in Manhattan.

Loved New York

Myself and a friend Stayed in the Newton Hotel, Broadway,New York< it was located upton> and even though at first it seemed a little out the way of all the major sites, infact it was in quite a good location, the subway was a few seconds walk away and central park was only three blocks away!! The Hotel itself was very clean, we shared a bathroom but this was kept very clean,perhaps the only fault we had with the Hotel was the noise at night from other people staying there who did not show consideration for anyone else in the Hotel!!! The staff were ok and very helpful if you asked them for information but please note this hotel is only for people who are on a budget,don't expect anything fancy, its somewhere clean and tidy to put your head down after running round New York all day!!

Fantastic!!

We were in New York this summer. We arrived late Friday afternoon with no place to stay. I booked this hotel online with a shared bathroom, at a very reasonable price. We didn't expect much! Boy were we delighted when we checked in! The reception was beautiful and the staff were just lovely. On arriving in our room I was amazed by the 'fancy' furniture, the beautiful decor and the small touches (i.e. the face cloths and soaps all laid out in a design in the drawer!). We couldn't have found a nicer place to stay. We had stayed in the Vanderbilt YMCA a week previous (at greater cost) and we were quite mad we hadn't found the place sooner, as it blew the YMCA away! I've just spent an hour online, nearly a year after my visit, to find the name of the hotel, as I'd forgotten. That's how much I want to stay there again!

Loved it, but the bed was to small!

by TripAdvisor Member Dema

All the good stuff other people wrote is true, but we have to add one remark. The "double" bed was way to small for two (normal sized) women. We were surprised that nobody wrote about that!

Great, great, great!

We stayed here for 6 nights in March, 2004. We stayed in a room with a queen bed and shared bathroom. It was clean, quiet and in a very good neighbourhood. This place is great, great, great! The staff were friendly and helpful. And it's so convenient to the subway lines. I highly recommend it!

I recommend it!

by TripAdvisor Member Mikey_Vienna

I booked the Newton, because of the price offered. New York City is incredibly expensive, therefore I was happily surprised when I found the Newton. Only its Upper West Side location seemed to be inconvenient to me before arrival. This isn't true! The hotel is close to a subway station(96th St.),and you need approx. 10 minutes to Times Sq./42nd St.
if using an express train. 96th St. station is an express train stop too, which is really helpful. I was welcomed very warmhearted, and I was surprisingly upgraded to room featuring a bathroom. My NYC stay became very convenient! Rooms are very clean, and they are equipped with TV. The only disadvantage is the single elevator driving you probably crazy when accomodated in the higher floors. This hotel is really worth the money! I recommend it!

Hotel Newton? Good choice? Restaurants nearby?

by DMF727

Do you have any opinions on the Hotel Newton? I have a reservation for this Saturday through Tuesday. Do you have any recommendations of good restaurants (cheap) nearby? Any great attractions that I must see while in NYC? Is this hotel close to the subway? Any comments would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Hotel Newton? Good choice? Restaurants nearby?

by nyc10025

Dannielle --I live nearby to the hotel. Neighborhood is safe and subway entrance is one street away. You can get to midtown Manhattan on subway in 10 minutes and downtown in 20. I have never been inside hotel but it looks OK from outside and people have told me it's a good value. Below is a list of restaurants in neighborhood most of which are moderate in price. Also there in dinner right next door to the hotel were you can get breakfast and other inexpensive meals. Ken
Sipan 702 Amsterdam 94 Street 212-665-9929-Peruvian-very good food, nice atmosphere, quite during the week, a little noisier on weekends.

Gennaro 665 Amsterdam 92/93- very good food-Italian-very hectic does not take reservations or credit cards-get there early for seating.

Docks 2427 Broadway 89/90 212-986-8080 good fish excellent oysters, lively but not hectic.

Gabriela's 685 Amsterdam 93 212-061-0574 good traditional Mexican, good value

Saigon Grill 620 Amsterdam 90 good Vietmanese a bit hectic and noisy

Pampa 768 Amsterdam 97/98 good grilled Argentinean steak. Crowded. No credit cards.

Alouette 2588 Broadway 97/98 212-222-6808 decent neighborhood French. Small. Make reservations.

Roth’s Westside Steak 680 Columbus 93 212-280-4103 good steak, expensive.

Yuki Sushi 656 Amsterdam 92 212-222-2752 Excellent quality of fish in sushi and sashimi. Moderate price for quality Japanese. Sushi lunch with salad or soup is less than $10.

Acqua 718 Amsterdam 94/95 Reasonably priced good Italian in nice setting.

BTW, you will be on Broadway between 94 and 95 Streets. Amsterdam Avenue is one street west and Columbus is two streets west.

Comments