266 West 71st St., New York City, New York, 10023, United States
Booking.com TheHotels.com

More about Inn New York City

Inn New York City is heaven!

by TripAdvisor Member chirichp

Absolutely beautiful Westside brownstone. Every luxury imaginable is waiting for you. We had 3 of the 4 suites (for daughter's wedding in NYC) and each was beyond our expectations: 12' ceilings, spectacular furnishings and linens, goodies from Zabars, woodburning fireplaces, ornate tin ceilings and oh, the woodwork! Pure luxury but comfortable, right-at-home luxury.
Proprietors are onsite and always available but unintrusive. A truly lovely couple. One note to travelers: it is a brownstone so stairs are part of the bargain. However, the Vermont Suite (street level) is wonderful and requires only one stair step to the suite (although the bedroom is one beautiful circular staircase down.) I personalIy love the westside and this Inn makes you feel part of the neighborhood. No problem finding cabs for venturing anywhere in the City. I can't think of a single feauture that I would change. Just plain wonderful! Can't wait to go back.

I don't have photos at the moment but can say that the Inn's website pics don't exaggerate. Even more beautiful in person.

Its Beautiful Inn New York City

by TripAdvisor Member Java10990

My husband and I stayed in the Spa Suite on for our anniversary. We really enjoyed ourselves, I was amazed that our hosts had thought of every possible thing we would want in our room. I have never stayed in place so luxurious, quaint and wonderfully located in NYC. The Inn is a real find, and I'm sure I will recommend it to anyone looking for a special experience.

One of the very best

by TripAdvisor Member Roadfreak

My wife and I stayed for two nights at this wonderful upper west side property. We were in the spa suite which surpassed our expectations in every way.
Elyn was a most gracious and welcoming Innkeeper who was happy to allow us a late check in following our flight from the UK.
Our suite came with a great choice of of breakfast goodies, wine and a fully equipped kitchen. If we had wanted to eat in this would have been possible
The general ambience was very New York in a kind of Victorian way. Very athmospheric! Furnishings were very comfortable and there was plenty of space to spread out. Only thing that we struggled with was the front door locks, which I think would need some practice to master!. However the door was answered instantly when we were forced to ring the bell.
We sat in the double Jacuzzi after a long day walking and shopping with a bottle of champagne. Absolute bliss..
Living in this wonderful residential neighborhood with a full array of shops and restaurants gave us a little taste of what actually living in NYC could be like. There is ready transport to mid and down town manhattan via a very local subway station.We have always used hotels when visiting previously but never again. If Inn New York is available we will book it!

Absolute perfection!

by TripAdvisor Member kat2551

This is simply the most amazing place to stay.

The hotel has no sign outside, so it is incredibly discreet, and a little like walking into your own house in NY. As you step into the house it gives you a good impression of what to expect during your stay - classical music, antiques and sweets for you to help yourself to when arriving or leaving (which became a tradition!). Ruth was a fantastic host - there just when you wanted her but gave the right amount of privacy.

We stayed in the Opera suite which was on the ground floor. It is around 30 metres long, with a grand piano complete with music books and scores, a living area, a kitchen, bathroom with jacuzzi bath, bedroom and private terrace at the back. Absolute luxury!! Every need was catered for and we did not have to ask for anything additional during our stay.

The kitchen was fully stocked with breakfast items, including bagels, jams, croissants, fresh fruit and orange juice, but there was also a whole host of other items including freshly baked cake (a new one every day!), wine, bottled water, sweets... I could go on and on!

The hotel itself is situated on a quiet street on the Upper West Side, with the subway situated one block away about a 3 minute walk. The subway is four stops away from Times Square on the local line, or one on the express line, and from Times Square you can get a connection to pretty much any line to take you anywhere you want to go. The hotel itself is also only about a 15 minute walk from Central Park - the walk is really pretty and takes you past all of the brownstone buildings in the area.

I could go on and on about how wonderful this place is for hours but needless to say it is absolutely highly recommended. We would go back in an instant.

Great eccentric hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Tongariro

This is a unique hotel. We (two adults and two children) stayed in the spacious library suite. The suite was the complete opposite to a chain hotel, with lots of antiques (eg a wooden plane propellor, a sledge, old leather suitcases, plus lots of furniture). The food provided for breakfast was varied and plentiful, and the service friendly.

$600 for stained sheets and no hot water!

by TripAdvisor Member climacus79

I stayed in the Spa suite with my wife, and was extremely disappointed to find stains on the sheets. We arrived late and didn't want the hassle of having them changed, so we decided to just grin and bear it.
The following morning, we waited until 11am to use the jacuzzi (as per the regulations of the hotel), only to have luke-warm bath. After inquiring, we learned that this was normal and we just had to wait for the hot water to return. After waiting an hour or so, the water failed to remain hot, and the resulting bath was once again luke-warm.
We decided to leave, and checked out around noon after staying 1 of 2 planned nights. We were once again disappointed when the owner informed us that we would not be refunded any of the money we spent, even though the room was not up to par.
When paying $600 a night, we expect clean sheets and hot water in the "Spa". Also, we expect the staff to be a little more professional and courteous.

Great Bday Surprise

by TripAdvisor Member GivemeaTfortravel

I surprised my husband for his 40th. We loved it! The Opera Suite was amazing and spacious. Everyone was courteous. Enough food for breakfast. Great location. Awesome fireplace and an abundance of privacy. If you have the money- stay here. Also the price is comparable to many of the other hotels in the city.

So sorry.....

by TripAdvisor Member Queensnative

....that we couldn't stay longer! Surprised my husband for his birthday weekend here and we could not have stayed at a more delightful place. What can I say that hasn't been said before? We had the Vermont suite which is two levels and had everything you could possible need, and was warm and cozy in the city's November chill. The neighborhood is lovely and near the subway and walking distance from Lincoln Center, Museum of Natural History and Central Park, lots of nearby restaurants and shopping yet the street itself is very quiet.The furnishings were rustic elegant, and yes the staff provided many special extras for us. It was hard to tear ourselves away for the activities we had planned. We will be back, hopefully longer next time. This is truly a very special place!

Attention to Detail, Amazing

by TripAdvisor Member thewires

I don't know what to say about this hotel. Words simply can't describe how amazing this hotel is. You get a level of service here that you just won't find in the big, corporate hotels. Ruth and Ellen are so friendly. The maids (Can't remember their names, sorry) are also so nice.

I booked this hotel as a surprise for my girlfriends birthday and she was every bit as impressed as I was. Its all about attention to detail. The way they fold the towels, the way they fold the bed and the way they put new fresh snacks in your room every day.

The bed was the most comfy I have ever slept in. The kitchen had everything you could possibly want. There was even a dishwasher.

The bathroom had plenty of towels. The jacuzzi was brilliant and had enough space for about 4 people in it, never mind 2. The sauna was easy to use and its good for putting your clothes in when you get back from a day out if they are wet. I have included some photos of the room I stayed in (Spa) but you really have to stay here if your travelling to New York.

You will end up using the sub to go everywhere. The stop at the end of the street is an express stop and the next one on the line is times square. You can get to almost every sub station from times square so it really is handy. When you hear how noisy the taxi's are, always beeping at each other, you'll appreciate being in a quiet street for a good nights sleep. I wasn't sure about not staying in the hustle and bustle of more touristy areas but we were so busy all day it was good to escape it.

If you have any questions about this hotel please message me as I'll be happy to answer them. Do not hesitate to book a stay here.

Cheers

Chris

fun weekend

by TripAdvisor Member travelboyLa

Had the best long weekend. Decided to go to the city and loved the place! Will definately go back! Thanks Tripadvisor for the best advice!

swan lake inn new york city liberty usa hotelswan lake inn new york city liberty usa hotel

riverside inn new york - cheap hotels

hi,

i am going to visit ny with my brother an d a friend in mai. i am looking for a hotel with rates between 100 and 160 $. i found the riverside inn. does anyone know more about it?
where else can i find hotels in this price area? i found quite a few, but the cheaper ones doesn´t have a bath...

thx

well, i found comments....all but one were bad comments ;-((

well, can anyone help me find a good hotel, with a room and bath, for 3 people, between 12th and 19th of mai ???

any suggestions?

RE: RE: riverside inn new york - cheap hotels

well, i found comments....all but one were bad comments ;-((

any suggestions?

by nyc10025

Look at the Newton Hotel:

by joesorce

Hard to find a room for 3 people in that price range but try applecorehotels.com

RE: RE: riverside inn new york - cheap hotels

by karen_mo

Is this the same as the Riverside Tower Hotel? I stay there every year in December. It is very basic but adequate and in a really good upper west side location (80th and Riverside) and it is really cheap as you can get a 2 bed suite sharing a shower/wc for around $105pn, which will sleep 4 at a squash. Not bad for New York and right near the metro. Depends how fussy you are really about the state of the decor, it hasn't been renovated in years!

by lhforrette

Have you tried the Travel inn?

Many rooms have 2 queen beds. I stayed there for 105 a night about a month ago....

Hotels near the UN under $360/night in September

by franceonisland

Hello VTers,
I am asking for a friend - can you recommend a hotel near the United Nations building that's no more than $360 per night? So far, I've found the Tudor Hotel. Any others in that price range that are nice? Please advise. Thanks, franceonisland

by 10028

The Millennium UN Plaza is less expensive, gets terrific reviews, and is right across the street from the UN. It's also got a nice swimming pool, a rarity in New York.

by rexvaughan

We found the Broadway Inn B & B Hotel very nice. I think it is no more than a mile from the UN. You can see more at http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g60763-d1021073-r14322071-Broadway_Bed_Breakfast_Inn-New_York_City_New_York.html

by 10028

(The Broadway Inn no longer exists, in fact, the entire building is gone.)

by jettysetgo

Quikbook.com has the Beekman Tower for 30% off 3 or more nights. I don't know exactly what dates you are going, but I did a search for you for Sept 15 for 5 nights and the price was $266 per night. Their sales usually don't last long, but if you do decide to book it or any Quikpick hotel they don't have a cancellation fee. So if you find a better deal, you can cancel the reservation without a headache.

Comments