Jolly Madison Towers

See Amenities
Minceta's Profile Photo

Great location

by written on December 4, 2012

We stayed at the "Madison Jolly Towers" in August for two overnights and were very satisfied. The location of the hotel is great for somebody who is staying just for a short period and who wants to be close to many interesting parts and happenings in Manhattan and the accomodation itself was also quite good. The only thing that we missed was to have a nice view from the room, but that did not matter too much to us as anyway we were in the room only for sleeping. Everything else was OK.

Almireta's Profile Photo

Everything fine but internet

by written on October 2, 2011

I got an early check in for free.
The hotel's location is just perfect.
The room I got was fabulous: big, super clean, full of amenities...and the view was unbelivable-The Empire States.
The only thing was that they had told me that the hotel's wi-fi was free of charge, but it was not, it was super expensive!!!
I did not tried the breakfast.
The service was ok.
In general everything was super good!

One of the worst!!

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on November 24, 2010

We had a double room booked via Priceline which was a "standard room".

When I got in I was "upgraded" to a "deluxe" room (955). The room overlooked an the Empire State building, however the air condition unit was extremely noisy and the furniture was simply old and of poor quality. Draw handles were broken whilst the carpets were very worn. The toilet didn't work until after maintenance came three times. The TV did not work on most of the channels and I was informed by the staff said "We just don't get those." Then I ask why was it working when the night staff came up to look at it?

I was then upgraded to another room (407) this room overlooked the roof of the building next door. This bathroom had been refurbished to an adequate standard but nothing special. There was a large burn mark from a lamp on the ceiling. Housekeeping had already made the bed without any blankets, and being November I was forced to request one. When I came back to the room to see lay down for the evening I noticed a very large stain on the blanket. This of course required me to contact the staff yet again to have it replaced. (As you expected they were less than helpful).

There was no basic tea/coffee facilities within the room.

In conclusion the room for our three night stay was very expensive for the standard received. It is important to state that the staff were not very helpful.

This is a tired hotel with some minimalistic modernization.

HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

Affordable Class

by written on August 24, 2007

This was a nice place to stay. Hotel & restaurant next door are under going construction right now so it was a little hard to pick it out, but the lobby is very nicely decorated and the staff are friendly, multi-lingual people. The majority of the guests spoke French, and the staff spoke it as well. Rooms are small but comfortable. As a lot of the windows face each other ("u" shaped building), sunlight doesn't pour into the windows at the crack of dawn which makes it easier to sleep in if you so choose.

Unique Quality: Nice bar inside, The Whaler Bar, has happy hour (or "Jolly Hour") where drinks are half off from 5-7 pm. Staff is very friendly; the bell men are great people and love to joke around with the guests.
We found the room fairly last minute on Priceline for a decent weekend rate, so I'm not sure what their normal room rates are.

Directions: Corner of 38th and Madison, kiddy-corner from Chase Bank.

daryll's Profile Photo

Best Hotel for Italians

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on September 11, 2006

Jolly was what i expected, as I have worked in this hotel chain before in London and I have heard lots of interesting reviews hotel in NYC. Standard room were indeed small but I guess that is what we should have expected when comes to properties in NYC. Reviews about the room air-con were correct, its like 747 Boeing plane taking off, and I can understand why previous guest made such a remark cause it will be a interesting experience when it is hot summer month, you need to switch the air con to mild at least to reduce the sound but i think room can be quite comfortable during winter.

If you're Italian and speaks Italian then this is probably your paradise, it seems every italian were given a priority, and you stand more chances getting an upgrade. But if you're coming to NYC for the first time and just intend to spend more time outside rather than the room, Jolly probably your best option.

Price I payed I considered good value becoz all I need is an en suite hotel room located in the midtown area so easy for to navigate.

The price I've paid approx £60 per person per night which I think great value for Summer Peak Period.

Unique Quality: I didnt know much about the whole hotel facilites but location were among the best, right in midtown, walking distance to Empire State, Chrysler and Grand Central and of course there is a delicious new yorker diners left oppposite of the hotel. (see my restaurant tip for more)

Nearby Jolly Madison Towers

• Pets Allowed
  • Beverage Selection
  • Suites

New York City Travel Forum

Need advice about New York City, New York State? Visit the Travel Forum for New York City and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest New York City hotel reviews

Trump International Hotel Tower
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 3 Reviews
Wolcott Hotel
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 5 Reviews
Central Park Studios at Lexington Ave. Co.
Great (4.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review