Jolly Madison Towers

Satisfaction Average

Rated 19% lower than similarly priced 3 star hotels

• Minceta's Profile Photo

Great location

We stayed at the "Madison Jolly Towers" in August for two overnights and were very satisfied. The location of the hotel is great for somebody who is staying just for a short period and who wants to be close to many interesting parts and happenings in Manhattan and the accomodation itself was also quite good. The only thing that we missed was to have a nice view from the room, but that did not matter too much to us as anyway we were in the room only for sleeping. Everything else was OK.

• Almireta's Profile Photo

Everything fine but internet

I got an early check in for free.
    The hotel's location is just perfect.
    The room I got was fabulous: big, super clean, full of amenities...and the view was unbelivable-The Empire States.
    The only thing was that they had told me that the hotel's wi-fi was free of charge, but it was not, it was super expensive!!!
    I did not tried the breakfast.
    The service was ok.
    In general everything was super good!

• One of the worst!!

We had a double room booked via Priceline which was a "standard room".

When I got in I was "upgraded" to a "deluxe" room (955). The room overlooked an the Empire State building, however the air condition unit was extremely noisy and the furniture was simply old and of poor quality. Draw handles were broken whilst the carpets were very worn. The toilet didn't work until after maintenance came three times. The TV did not work on most of the channels and I was informed by the staff said "We just don't get those." Then I ask why was it working when the night staff came up to look at it?

I was then upgraded to another room (407) this room overlooked the roof of the building next door. This bathroom had been refurbished to an adequate standard but nothing special. There was a large burn mark from a lamp on the ceiling. Housekeeping had already made the bed without any blankets, and being November I was forced to request one. When I came back to the room to see lay down for the evening I noticed a very large stain on the blanket. This of course required me to contact the staff yet again to have it replaced. (As you expected they were less than helpful).

There was no basic tea/coffee facilities within the room.

In conclusion the room for our three night stay was very expensive for the standard received. It is important to state that the staff were not very helpful.

This is a tired hotel with some minimalistic modernization.

• HotRodEtte's Profile Photo

Affordable Class

This was a nice place to stay. Hotel & restaurant next door are under going construction right now so it was a little hard to pick it out, but the lobby is very nicely decorated and the staff are friendly, multi-lingual people. The majority of the guests spoke French, and the staff spoke it as well. Rooms are small but comfortable. As a lot of the windows face each other ("u" shaped building), sunlight doesn't pour into the windows at the crack of dawn which makes it easier to sleep in if you so choose.

Unique Quality: Nice bar inside, The Whaler Bar, has happy hour (or "Jolly Hour") where drinks are half off from 5-7 pm. Staff is very friendly; the bell men are great people and love to joke around with the guests.
    We found the room fairly last minute on Priceline for a decent weekend rate, so I'm not sure what their normal room rates are.

Directions: Corner of 38th and Madison, kiddy-corner from Chase Bank.

• daryll's Profile Photo

Best Hotel for Italians

Jolly was what i expected, as I have worked in this hotel chain before in London and I have heard lots of interesting reviews hotel in NYC. Standard room were indeed small but I guess that is what we should have expected when comes to properties in NYC. Reviews about the room air-con were correct, its like 747 Boeing plane taking off, and I can understand why previous guest made such a remark cause it will be a interesting experience when it is hot summer month, you need to switch the air con to mild at least to reduce the sound but i think room can be quite comfortable during winter.

If you're Italian and speaks Italian then this is probably your paradise, it seems every italian were given a priority, and you stand more chances getting an upgrade. But if you're coming to NYC for the first time and just intend to spend more time outside rather than the room, Jolly probably your best option.

Price I payed I considered good value becoz all I need is an en suite hotel room located in the midtown area so easy for to navigate.

The price I've paid approx £60 per person per night which I think great value for Summer Peak Period.

Unique Quality: I didnt know much about the whole hotel facilites but location were among the best, right in midtown, walking distance to Empire State, Chrysler and Grand Central and of course there is a delicious new yorker diners left oppposite of the hotel. (see my restaurant tip for more)

More about Jolly Madison Towers

Excellent Hotel

We stayed at the Jolly Hotel Madison Towers over Thanksgiving weekend and had a wonderful time. After reading some negative comments about the hotel, on the internet, from previous guests, I was a little worried that the hotel would not be of a good standard. However, immediately on entering the foyer I was very pleasantly surprised and we were delighted with how comfortable our room was. We had everything we needed as standard even little things like a hairdryer and an iron (which are not available in standard rooms in the UK). We also had internet access (for a small charge). The hotel was in a good, central location and the staff were exceptionally helpful and very courteous. We would most definitely choose the Jolly Hotel again.

Wonderful Hotel

I have nothing but good things to say about the Hotel. The staff was very friendly and not above giving good service. The rooms were immaculately clean. The linens were even more comfortable than my own. They were very accomodating of personal requests. While the room I stayed in was slightly smaller than average (expected in NY) they more than make up for it with impeccable interior design.

Rude Staff/False advertising

Booked room on quikbook for $250 (2nd weekend of December). Manager wanted extra $50 on arrival stating that there's a max of 3 people per room (brought my wife & 2 kids, we booked for 4 people). Refused to call quikbook to straighten out. Manager indifferent & rude. Was awakened by hotel security & night manager at 12:45AM asking if someone was smoking "an illegal substance". We're a family of 4 in bed at 11am but even if we did smoke pot I don't believe the hotel should wake up all the guests on the floor because they smell it. Parting shot, the doorman told me valet parking would be $40 & they charged $54. Manager stated it was the garage's fault & he could do nothing(remember, this was VALET parking contracted by the hotel). They did call me 4 days later stating they'd credit me the $14 (after arguing with me for 20 minutes at checkout).
NOT such a "JOLLY" experience. DON"T STAY THERE

Missing Baggage!

Arrived at the hotel between Christmas and New Year, not staying for New Years Eve. Rooms small but clean and comfortable pillows could have done to be larger. Staff friendly and pleasant at all times and did their best to trace missing baggage which did arrive at 4.20am on the day we were checking out! Very well decorated for Christmas, the tree looked stunning and we would stay there again without a doubt.

A disappointing stay

This hotel was a huge disappointment. Shabby rooms, no excercise facilities (though they were advertised), heating system old and not working. I got woken up at 4am by a false fire alarm, which didn't help. Staff wasn't very helpful either -- if I had been Italian, I might have gotten better service. I would recommend you avoid this place.

Not the best

by TripAdvisor Member kevnick80

I had read mixed reports about this hotel, but thought i would give it a go.

The room was nice, and loved the marble bathrooms (we stayed in the deluxe room which was more modern), and fairly good size.

Doormen are absolutely useless. We took down the bags when we were leaving, and we had a LOT of bags, and not one of the doormen offered to carry them and no one opened the door so we had to do it ourselves. Talk about bad service.

I also asked for them to select a nice room (such as a large room with a good view) since it was my partners birthday, and only upon cxhecking out did i look on the fire escape plan to find that the guy, who didnt seem to care less, had given us the smallest room with the --- view.

every night, the radiator kept banging in the bathroom, and it sounded like someone was hitting the radiator with a hammer. Every night. Then another night, a funny sounding alarm went off four about 2 hours.

Would not be stying here again. my partner and i ended up moving to Trump International, and my only regret is that we did not stay there in the first place. Absolute splendour! Read my review on that.

Fantastic Hotel !!!!!!!!!

I have read other reviews on this hotel and to be honest I was rather worried about my choice of hotel. But I dont understand what people were moaning about ! The Hotel was fantastic !!! we were warmly greated by the reception staff and the bellboys , The room was large and cozy , and i had an excellent view of the empire state building from my room window , ( I can see where people complain about the the size of rooms as i did see inside a room which was very small when the maid was cleaning ). The Hotel is situated in Central Manhatten excellent for anyone wanting to see the Sights/Shop it right on the doorstep.Great Hotel would deffinetly stay again !

Motorsport

by beni1

Hi

I've already asked this question before I think. I'm a big fan of Formula One and will be in New York when one of the races is on which will be the 03rd July 2005. Just wondering does anyone know where I could watch it. My Hotel is the Jolly Madison and i don't think they will have it in my room.

cheers

Lauren x x
3 WEEKS TO GO

RE: Motorsport

by devil66

Would think that ESPN Sportszone would have everything.

Comments