La Quinta Manhattan

17 West 32nd St., New York City, New York, 10001, United States

La Quinta Inn Manhattan
Travelocity Booking.com LQ.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• Hotel smells like fish.

Hotel smells like fish and seafood.Some people are highly contagious of shellfish and seafood,was told by GM it always smells becauce its in korean town!Some people even have allergic reaction to the cooking vapors like this hotel has.Only wish they would put this on there website.Here is GM EMAIL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I am in receipt of your complaint. I am sorry to hear that you were not
    satisfied with your stay - since we are in Korean town, and surrounded by
    restaurants, food odors are a regular part of being located here........SO IF YOU LIKE THE SMELL OF SEAFOOD 24/7 INSIDE YOUR HOTEL THIS MIGHT BE THE PLACE FOR YOU.

Unique Quality: Bell man was GREAT he should be the GM of the hotel.

Directions: Korean fish town.

• Dimapakali's Profile Photo

Not Friendly at all

Whatever you do, do not stay at this place called La Quinta Inn on 17 West 32nd St. It is only less than five minutes walk to the Empire State Building and you can pretty much walk to most attractions or hop on a bus but, and it's a big but!! I had an unpleasant experience in that hotel. My sister and myself stayed there from the 28th december 2006 to the 1st January 2007, and I booked for a room with 2 queen sized bed which they quaranteed was available ,but when we got there, we were given a pokey little room with one queen bed,there was about a meter from the door to the bed, the same from the foot of the bed to the wall, so there was hardly any place to put our suitcases,the window open onto a wall, there was not even a kettle in the room, when I complained I was told that there are no other room, which understandably, it was the busiest time of the year. So put up with it was all I could do! But to make matters worse, I lost my gold bangle, and I was 100% sure it got lost in the hotel, I was stupid to put it on my bedside table one night before going to sleep ang forgetting all about it the following morning. My sister and I went all our belongings in seach of it,the same thing with the pokey little room, and in doing so came accross a dirty pair of panties that belonged to neither one of us wedged between the mattress and the bedhead!!! to our horror!!! When I reported all of these to the front desk, to the big tall dark man wearing a turban, I was made to feel that I was making it all up,he was very condescending,to the point of being rude, and no action was done on their part. When it was finally time for us to leave, the front desk refused to book us a shuttle to the airport,saying that the concierge has left for the day, thankfully there was this kindhearted lady who privately run the little gift/souvenier shop in the hotel lobby and she did the booking for me. When I got my bill the morning we were checking out, there was the basic room charge and a whole heap of other charges such as sales tax, city tax,occupancy tax, and this thing called Javits convention fee when I asked what they were, I was once again treated like I was so stupid for asking, it was a waste of time. So, that was my experience in that hotel,my overall New York experience was great! I will go back again but not in that hotel or any hotel associated with them.

Directions: less than five minute to the Empire State Building

• Paul2001's Profile Photo

So-So Budget Class Hotel in Midtown Manhattan

I booked this hotel through the AppleCore connection. It was a decent hotel but hardly the best that I stayed in while visiting New York. The fact that I listed it as just satisfied is only for the fact that virtually every hotel in New York is expensive compared to most other cities in the United States. At $159.00 a night this was way overpriced in my books. The room was very standard with a queen size bed, the bathroom that was not particularly well maintained though large and the furniture was rather bland. But really do you visit New York to spend time in the hotel room? I was rarely awake while I was stayed in this hotel so I did not care. It was just a place for me to sleep.

Unique Quality: The hotel was surprisingly quiet considering the location. The location itself could hardly be better as it seemed to be close to so many attractions and shopping draws such as Macy's. The hotel staff here was helpful. The hotel boasts a rooftop bar where you can buy an overpriced beer and stare up at the Empire State Building. Believe it or not, it was while I was sitting at the patio that I experienced my only drop of rain in three trips to New York.

Directions: One block south of the Empire State Building. It makes for an excellent beacon if you a trying to walk to your hotel.

• Harley1231's Profile Photo

Very Conveient to Downtown/Times Square

Decent Hotel for the price.
    Location was GREAT - but didn't spend much time in the hotel...ha ha ha!

Unique Quality: No view
    Extremely small rooms

Directions: Korean District

• bambi1825's Profile Photo

Nice Hotel in Manhatten with decent pricing

We have been to New York City three times in the past 2 years and all three times we stayed at La Quinta in Manhatten. The first time I stayed they had grand opening prices so it was really cheap then after that they prices weren't too bad. They offered free breakfast and had a good variety. It's very clean and they are very friendly there.

• Pomska's Profile Photo

Best Western Manhattan

It's really, really hard to find a decent and
    reasonably priced hotel in New York City. I have been in Best Western Manhattan which I think is great value for money because of its center location. I think the hotel has changed its name and owner (?) because I cannot find it anymore.

It has been for singles USD 85, doubles USD 95, triples USD 100, quads USD
    110. I think prices might be higher nowadays.

Unique Quality: The rooms were decorated in one of three themes: 5th Avenue (ritzy), Central Park (lots of florals), or SoHo (dramatic colors). There were a tiny exercise room with a couple of aerobic machines and some weights. The location is just south of the Empire State Building in a bustling Korean neighborhood, near lots of shops and restaurants. Ask for non-smoking room if you don't like the cigarette smell in your room. There are 150 rooms.

Directions: It's located in 17 W. 32nd St., between 5th Ave. and Broadway. You should
    take subway B, D, F or Q to W. 34th St. (Herald Square).

• bugalugs's Profile Photo

We stayed at the Best Western,...

We stayed at the Best Western, Manhatton.
    I had searched on the internet and a few days prior had seen this hotel featured for about $109 dollars per night. When I looked again a few days later it was $89 per night for a double room which I thought was very good.

Unique Quality: The hotel was clean, and quite central, their was a roof bar from which you could see the Empire State Building which was just behind the hotel.
    Prices included buffet style continental breakfast.

More about La Quinta Manhattan

I'd definitely go back!

I stayed there on 3/11/04 and am glad I did. The staff was courteous and efficient. The room was a little small than your average hotel room, but it was comfortable enough for two people. Most importantly, both the room and bathroom were clean. I also enjoyed their rooftop bar (Sky Bar), which @ night has an amazing view of the Empire State Bldg.
I'd definitely stay there on my next trip. Highly recommend La Quinta.

Great Hotel/Great Location/Great Price

by TripAdvisor Member canberra55

I had read about this hotel in Budget Travel magazine, but it was much, much more than a budget hotel. The location was great--just around the corner from Macy's and down the street from the Empire State Building. The room was so quiet even though it faced 34th Street. The king size bed was firm and comfortable; the bathroom had a full-size tub and shower and although the room wasn't huge, there was plenty of room for me to do my floor exercises! The continental breakfast was included in our low AAA rate and had a wide variety of food--fresh fruit, pastries, cereal, etc. I have recommended this hotel to my friends and I would certainly stay there again.

Fantastic location

This hotel is highly recommended to those on a budget yet hoping to be close to everything. Admittedly, check-in proved problematic when they wouldn't accept my card even though, before leaving for New York, I made sure there was plenty of money on it. I eventually had to pay cash for the room and simply recoup the cost through using my card for eating, shopping etc. The room was fine, the bed and bathroom were both clean so there was no complaint in that respect. The breakfast was good and proved to be a great way to start the day. However, I do suggest you arrive early to avoid the scrum that can gather after 8:30. The location is IMMENSE. Everything is close at hand and if you don't fancy walking, Penn Station is very near. If you are looking for good rates, a clean room and a supurb location, I recommend this hotel. Moreover, I dare say that this hotel is the best budget-type hotel in New York and I know that when I return to the city in December, i'll be staying at La Quinta

Nice Hotel, Good Value, Bad Front Desk Staff

by TripAdvisor Member FortLaudtraveler

I stayed at this hotel in March 2004 on a Saturday night. I got a very good rate for a Saturday night in NYC. The hotel was nicer then I expected. Check in was fast, but NOT friendly. One of the elevators was out of service (there are only two). Location is great for downtown.
Close to Macys, Empire State Building. The room was surprisingly nice.
It is small, but clean and nicely appointed. Bathrooms are clean with marble tops. I would recommend this hotel for someone looking for a good value to stay in NYC (they include continental breakfast). The only complaint was that the check in staff didnt really care much about the guest's needs.

Valentines Day In New York

by Paddywack42

I will be over in New York from the 9 - 16 February (Staying in the La Quinta Manhattan). It is my first time, but my partner was there last year in April. Bearing in mind the weather at that time of year and that I have limited funds (although it doesnt have to be free) I was wondering if any of you good people have any suggestions for valentines day/night (apart from staying in bed...lol)

Thanks in anticipation

Re: Valentines Day In New York

by leslieno

the bes free thing to do in Manhattan is Central Park. Bundle up and go for a walk. There is an ice skating rink in the park where you can get hot chocolate and go for a skate. Afterwards you can take a carriage ride. BUNDLE UP and it will be a perfect NYC day. Afterwards go to Time Waner Center on the South West side of the park and go to the very hip bar Stone Rose for a cocktail and look out over central park.

The rainbow room bar at Rockefeller Center right at 5pm to see the sunset over nyc is amazing.

Comments